Off-screen romance

Off-screen romance

{Gary's POV}

Beep...beep..beep..beep damn that stupid alarm clock is super annoying I just want to sleep a little more and continue my dream. Do things like this really work? I heard that some people can wake up halway through a dream and continue it when they go to sleep again. Well I hope that is the case for me right now, I had a wonderful dream of me and JiHyo last night it was amazing we were strolling along the beach holding hands. Wait! That reminds me today is Monday YESSSSS!!!! Why do I want to continue dreaming when I can go see the real JiHyo. I really hope that today's mission is a couple mission and that the PDs had paired us together. Well what am i waiting for gotta change now!

 

I believe that fate is playing with me as our meetup location for today's filming happens to be by the beach maybe my dream came true hehehe just thinking about being paired up with JiHyo is already making me super exciting but JiHyo hasn't been so happy lately especially when I interact with her. She still talks to the other members especially Jae Suk hyung but when she is around me she acts really cold off camera but when the cameras are rolling she acts all lovey dovey and sweet around me. I tried talking to her a couple of times but all she always gives me one word replies like 'ok, yeah,sure,thanks' it does hurt me a little but I wish she would just talk to me like the way she does on camera.

 "Everybody standby!" yelled the PD-nim. 


When the PD-nim said action Jae Suk hyung just shouted out WE ARE AT THE BEACH as an opening which is really funny cause Jong Kook hyung and Suk Jin Hyung immediately stopped him by standing in front of him, these hyungs are too hilarious. I tried not to keep peeking at JiHyo cause the cameras can catch everything. "So what are we doing at the beach today?"asked Jae Suk hyung.

"Today your mission is to locate the missing pirates treasure, throughout the missions today try winning 1st place to 3rd place in order to win hints regarding the location of the treasure. Also you guys need to be on the lookout for pirates, more info about that in the final mission. Now go get change and head to your first mission site."

I was kinda hurt when I heard it was an individual mission today guess I can try becoming close to JiHyo later hehe.

 

When we were changing I heard someone said OUCH really loud when I turned to the source I saw JiHyo with a very painful expression on her face. I went over to ask her if everything was alright she just said,"It's nothing oppa my hair got tangled that's all." I nodded and left knowing that if I were to try help her it would only make things worse between us but I swore I heard JiHyo whisper something but I couldn't make it out.

 

{Ji Hyo's POV}

It's Monday again which means Running Man filming which also means Kang Gary........ I love Running Man a lot but I just don't want to see him at all. Whenever I see him it just makes me feel horrible, I have requested the PDs to never put me and him together anymore but we will still continue the Monday Couple image since the fans love it a lot. The fans are the one driving me forward, if it weren't for them I don't think I could even carry on with the show while seeing him.

 

While we were changing to prepare for the first mission my hair got caught in the zipper and it really hurt a lot, I didn't realise that I had said OUCH so loud that Gary oppa who was on the other side of the room came to help me but of course I declined his help, seeing his sorrow backview while walking back felt like a knife was stabbing my heart. "I'm sorry Kang Gary", I whispered.

 

{Gary's POV}

Today's mission was just the usual since it was summer and we were at the beach we did flying chairs, relay race etc. It was really funny especially the part where Kwang Soo and Haha went to strip Jong Kook hyung again. I wonder why they keep doing that lately? Something was out of place though, our Ace aka Miss Mong aka my Monday girlfriend was like in a different galaxy she was quickly eliminated in every single mission and would just disappear until the next mission. I tried asking her manager as to what happened to her but he just told me she is fine whereas I should focus on filming. How could I? The girl that I have been secretly loving for the past five years is not herself today of course I would be worried. What should I do? She has never had a proper conversation with me off screen if I were to approach she would ignore me again. I'd better think of something fast.

 

The next mission was a bingo mission we had to fill in our bingo squares regarding things that couples would love to do in summer.

Ji Hyo suddenly said," I don't know what couples love to do in summer how am I going to fill in the square?" 

Upon hearing those words I went behind her and gave her a backhug ,"I'm here aren't I? Lets skip filming now and do some stuff so you know what to fill in." After that I tickled her which is something I regret.

"Aish, Kang Gary can you please stop doing that it's really annoying!" complained an angry Ji Hyo again. She can be so cute when she's angry epescially when she srunches her nose.

I pinched her nose and said "Song Ji Hyo can you please stop nagging and be good to me? For once?"and she hits my head again.

"CUT!!" yells the PD-nim.

Ji Hyo face turns into an emotionless expression as soon as the PD yells cut and walks away from me without saying a word.Ji Hyo ah? Wae? Why can't you treat me the way you treat me on the show? That's it I had enough. I ran to her and grabbed her by the wrist letting her face me after gathering all the courage in me I finally said these words," Song Ji Hyo what is wrong with you today? You've been acting weird it's like you are in another universe? What happened?" She looked at me with those souless eyes and took her hand away. I chased after her again this time just shouting out "Song Ji Hyo can you just stop ignoring me?" She stopped in her tracks turned around and looked at me. I saw her tears welling from her eyes and in that moment it felt like the world stopped moving.

"Kang Gary can you just stop? Stop treating me so good. I've been ignoring you for so long and yet you always treat me so well don't you think I feel burdened by that? I feel horrible and blame myself for treating you so bad and yet you keep coming back. How am I suppose react?" yelled Ji Hyo who was already crying.

I slowly walked to her ,"You could start by telling me what's been bothering you. Do you know how I feel when the girl who I have been secretly loving for the past five years is having troubles? I want to help with all my might but you always shut me out ." Then I stood in front of Ji Hyo looking into her beautiful eyes while holding her hands I said," Cheon Seong Im *Ji Hyo's real name* I am tired of being your Monday boyfriend, I want to be your Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday and Sunday boyfriend too. Will you go out with me? Although I am quite hopeless but I want to" before I could finish my sentence Ji Hyo put her index finger on my lips and said,"Yes, Kang Hee Gun *Gary's real name* I want to be your Monday to Sunday girlfriend." 

{Ji Hyo's POV}

I felt like running away when Gary asked me what's wrong with me today. Gary has been in my mind ever since my hair tangled incident, the amount of guilt just kept on piling up in me. Why did I treat him so badly for this 5 years? Was it all because I was afraid? I remember in the beginning of Running Man I did feel attracted to him which made me starting ignoring him. Ever since my last heartbreak I don't want to let anyone hurt me anymore and suddenly Gary said,"Song Ji Hyo can you just stop ignoring me?" That's when I couldn't hold in it anymore and I just let everything out at that moment.

When Gary oppa finally said what he's been hiding for five years, it made me realise that I was in the exact situation myself. I kept ignoring him because I was hiding my emotions away locking them up. Seeing the hopeless romantic in front of me made me feel complete again like Gary oppa was the one piece in my life that has been missing but I finally found it.His confession to me was so cute cause he was getting flustered so I put my finger on his lips and said,,"Yes, Kang Hee Gun I want to be your Monday to Sunday girlfriend." 


{Gary's POV}

I look down to see me holding Ji Hyo's hand walking back to the filming site. Five years....I've been waiting for this for five years and I finally got my wish. I felt Ji Hyo's grip tighthen as we were walking nearer to the rest of the crew. "Are you ok with this? I mean if it is weird for you we don't have to tell the others first." She shook her head as she held a firmer grip to my hand, I squeezed back ensuring her that I would never let go. 

As we enter the set, Kwang Soo was the first one to notice us. When he saw us his eyes were about to pop out and pointed at us, "You two?!" causing everyone to look at us. Jae Suk hyung started clapping and soon after everyone joined in, the PDs, the VJs everyone. Jae Suk hyung came over to us first and said,"Ji Hyo-ah you finally did it, you finally managed to let go. I'm proud of you. Gary you better treat her well." "Yes hyungnim I will surely do that." Haha and Kwang Soo kept teasing us like two little kids seeing something shocking to them. Suk Jin hyung and Jong Kook hyung also congratulated us and at that moment it felt like the Running Man crew became one. I am grateful to every single person here and especially grateful to this show because if it weren't for this show I would never have met Ji Hyo in the first place and we would never have been together.

Filming finally ended for the day and guess who won? Not me but Ji Hyo turns out she was the captain of a bunch of pirates so she won a mini golden chest no wonder she is also Guem (gold) Ji Hyo. I offered to drive her home today and in the car Ji Hyo was so talkative so when we stopped at a red light I started looking around. "Oppa, what are you looking for?" asked Ji Hyo. "To see if there are any cameras cause you are only like this on screen." She looked embarrassed at that time which is really cute.

"Just teasing, I'm glad we are like this now Ji Hyo-ah I finally got what I've been wanting for so long."

"And what is that oppa?"

"Our very own off-screen romance."


[A/N] What's up guys gingerrulez here. So my monday couple story is finally done :D I want to thank everyone for giving me their love and support I promise to write better stories from now on since I am still a newbie. Who knows? I am thinking of adding a special chapter to this story already. Anyways, thanks again for everything and Monday Couple forever! <3