Special Chapter #2

Off-screen romance

[A/N] Hey guys! Gingerrulez here and I am back with a special chapter for my monday couple fic so hope you enjoy.


[Gary's POV]

JiHyo and I have been together for six years now and there has been a question lingering in my mind lately.

Should I make her mine forever?

The other day I went out drinking with Haha and Kwang Soo. While drinking halfway, a drunk Haha asked me a question.

"Hyung, when are you going to propose to JiHyo. You guys have been together for what...six years now. When are you going to pop the question to her?"

"Donghoon-ah, you know that we are not in a rush."

"You said that the last time I asked you which was like last year!"

"I'll ask her when the time comes."

I normally don't remember things when I am drunk but somehow this conversation was embedded in my mind.

Maybe it really is time for me to pop the question.


That Sunday, JiHyo had an overseas event so I took the oppurtunity to meet up with her parents. We have meet a couple of times but this time it seems so nervewrecking.

I drove to their house and rang the doorbell. My heart was pounding like crazy.

When the door opened, JiHyo's mother welcomed me with her warm smile.

"Aigoo! It's Gary! Come in, come in what an unexpected surprise." I greeted her and entered the house.

JiHyo's father was in the living room reading newspapers. I bowed to him and he greeted me back.

The three of us sat in the living room. It was so quiet that if you dropped a needle, you could actually hear the sound of it.

"To what do we owe this visit?" asked JiHyo's father which broke the silence.

"Erm, well. Mother, father. I wish to have your blessings for me to take you daughter's hand in marriage."

JiHyo's mother beamed with happiness when she heard that.

"Yes, yes! I've been waiting for this for so long. You have my blessing Gary. I knew you were the one the moment our JiHyo introduce you to us."

"Thank you mother," and I looked at JiHyo's father.

He looked at me stunned and blinked a couple of times before he said.

"These past six years, you have already proved to me that you are worthy of being my daughter's husband. You have my blessing so you better treat her well. If my daughter is unhappy I will kill you with my own two hands."

I was taken aback by the last remark but JiHyo's mother assured me that he was just kidding.

I bowed to them and said," Thank you so much."


21st July 2021

This is it. Today is the day I will propose to JiHyo.

It took me a while to think of how I should propose to her because JiHyo does not like grand events but I don't want it to me too simple as well. It took me a while to think up of how I should do this.

I picked her up from her house at 8pm. She was wearing a white shirt and jeans which made her look like an angel because of her white top and took her to a simple beef restaurant where we had beef that we grilled by ourselves. I could tell that she was having a good time since she just got back from her cousin's wedding in Canada two days ago and she was suffering from jetlag.

Today was her first time out from her house since she got back. Also I heard that she caught the bouquet so I guess it must be fate that I am going to propose to her tonight.

"JiHyo-ah, say ah" I was holding a lettuce-wrapped beef and fed her.

"That's really delicious! Thanks oppa, I guess I needed this. I've been stuck in my house for too long."

"Just enjoy yourself, JiHyo-ah. You are so tired so you have to eat more to give yourself more energy."

"Thanks oppa," beamed a happy JiHyo who looked like a six-year old.

After dinner, I took JiHyo out for a drive. When actually I was headed to the proposal site which was a villa that belonged to my uncle's daughter's husband's sister. She was out of the country so I asked her whether I could use it as a proposal site but I would only be using the garden. She agreed to it.

When we pulled into the driveway, JiHyo's eyes were already glued to the villa.

"Wow, oppa this place is huge."

"You know your oppa is quite rich too"

She slightly punched my arm and said,"Don't get too full of yourself Kang Gary."

I went out of the car and opened her door and stretched my hand out.

"My princess, you prince is here."

"Ew, that is so cheesy!" but she still grabbed my hand anyways.

I lead her to the garden which has an amazing view that overlooked Seoul's skylne.

There was a bench and with a projector and screen all set up The place was decorated with string lights and roses and JiHyo actually believed when I told her the lights and roses were a part of the garden's design. No wonder she is MongJi aka Miss Blank.

We sat at the bench side by side and watched a movie.

I had prepared a huge blanket to cover us both so that we could watch the movie side by side with JiHyo's head at my shoulder.

After the mivie ended, JiHyo was all jumpy because the ending of the movie was a clifhangger and she was pissed. She even scolded the director for directing such a 'ty' movie. I told her that I did prepare the second movie but I had left the USB in the car and told her to wait for a while.

As I left the garden, I realized that IT IS TIME.

[JiHyo's POV]

As Gary-oppa left, I was just looking around and enjoying this marvelous view and suddenly another video popped up on the screen. 

At first I thought it was the second movie but pictures of me and Gary stated appearing on the screen and some words started appearing on the screen. I was taken aback.

The words on the screen said: Our First Meeting

There were pictures of us from the first time we met on Running Man

Shortly followed by 'The Beginning of Monday Couple'

Which featured clips of us admitting being the Monday couple and also some cute monday couple clips 

'The Beginning of Our Off-Screen Romance'

Features pictures from the day we got together.

'My Lovely Date, JiHyo'

Faeturing all of our pictures we took together ever since we started going out from including our 1st to 6th anniversary.

At the end of the video, tears started to well up in my eyes. It reminded me that we've been through so much together and I am grateful for him always being by my side.

The last words to appear on the screen were 'JiHyo-ah, look to your right.'

Gary-oppa stood there wearing a suit and holding a rose in his hand.

I walked over ther while wiping the tears in my eyes.

"Oppa what is all this?" He touched my face and wiped my tears away.

"Aigoo, I made my JiHyo cry, what should I do?" and then he handed me the rose and held my hand.

"JiHyo-ah, words cannot describe how happy I have been these past six years. Ever since we had our very own off-screen romance. You have made me the happiest guy on Earth. Your smile always cheers me up when I am feeling down and you are my angel from heaven. From the first time since we met, I have been enchanted by your presence and so JiHyo, my love..."

The he got down on one knee and opened a ring box that he had kept in his pocket.

"Will you marry me?"

[Gary's POV]

"Will you marry me?

I finally said out those words.

She was already crying and could barely speak but she cleared and said

"Yes, a thousand times yes!"

I got up and kissed her.

[JiHyo's POV]

"Yes, a thousand times yes!" I exclaimed.

He got up and kissed me. I felt complete at that moment. After the kiss, he put the ring on my finger and suddenly I heard voices.

"Congratulations!!!!"

I turned around to see all my friends and my parents, everyone I knew was there and each of them was holding a helium balloon.

"Ya! Do you have idea how long we have been hiding there?I though t I was gonna faint soon!" yelled Haha.

JaeSuk oppa came over to me and hugged me.

"Congratulations, JiHyo-ah. I'm really happy for you."

"Thank you oppa"

Then he looked at Gary. 

"Kang Gary, you did it eh? Not too shabby indeed." and patted Gary's shoulder.

"Thank you hyung-nim."

Jong Kook oppa came over to congratulate us too but was soon teased that he has not found himself his other half yet.

My mom and dad came over and hugged me. My dad told me to enjoy my life with Gary-oppa and to cherish every moment that we spend together.

For the final ebent, everyone gather together to let go of the helium balloons and see them soar into the sky. Gary-oppa held my hand as we looked up to see the balloons float in the sky. As his fingers wrapped around mine, I realized that I am about to embark on a new jouney with him, the one whom I love with all my heart.

And it is going to be fantastic.


[A/N] Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this special chapter to be honest I was in the moment when I wrote this chapter and did get a little emotional haha. As you can guess I will continue to add more speical chapters to this story regarding special moments in monday couple's life. Also I think you can already guess what the next special chapter is about hehe, i will try to update it soon anyways leave some comments and till next time!