Special Chapter #1

Off-screen romance

[Gary's POV]

Time does fly, it seems like only yesterday that I finally was able to tell JiHyo how I really felt about her and look how far we came together. It's going to be our one year anniversary in a week already. How would I describe our relationship? I would say our relationship is like a first love, we just have that giddy feeling in our gut everytime we see each other. At first we did feel a little awkward with this whole relationship thing cause JiHyo had been acting cold to me for so long so it did effect her in how to express her feelings but as time passed by she is really comfortable around me now, perhaps too comfortable but that is what makes me love her even more. Our agencies both know about our relationship and have respected our decision in not making this a public relationship.

Running Man filming is going smoothly too, lately there have been a lot of Monday couple interactions in recent episodes but there are times when JiHyo acts cold to me during filming but after filming she would come to apologize for treating me that way.

Since I brought up that our one-year anniversary is coming soon, I'm thinking about how to celebrate it. JiHyo doesn't like those big events and hates those common presents like flowers and she specifically said it once on filming before we got together that she doesn't like a self-written song as a present *true fact see the link here* so it kinda limits me on how to surprise her. I'll just have to see how it goes.

----One week later------

Tonight is the night, our one-year anniversary. I've decided we are going to do something simple yet romantic at the same time and I hope that she will love it.

I went to pick her up from her house at 8pm sharp and when I stopped in basement parking lot of her apartment *everytime I see a celebrity couple news, they would always pick up/drop each other at the basement*, I saw her silhouette and there she was. Standing in the middle of the lobby dressed in a beautiful pink dress. God, she looked so pretty. I came down from the car and went to her side, held her hand and said," Miss JiHyo, your ride is here and you look beautiful today." 

[JiHyo's POV]

Today is the day, our one-year anniversary. I woke up to see his morning text. Ever since we started dating, Gary-oppa always sent me a good morning text everyday.

"Good morning beautiful, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Hope you had a good night sleep last night anyways I have a schedule today until 6pm so I'll pick you up from your home at 8pm sharp to celebrate our anniversary. Wear something pretty! I've got everything planned out already, see you later! <3"

I typed back," Happy anniversary <3 alright I'll see you later."

I had 2 photoshoots and an interview that day so when I got home, it was already 6.30pm so I was in panic mode. I haven't picked out the dress that I'm going to wear, haven't put on my makeup and my nails aren't dry yet! In the end, I picked a pink mini dress that I had just bought last week and with my speed I managed to get everything done just in time. Just as I got to the basement Gary-oppa pulled up, he came down from the car and took my hand while saying

" Miss JiHyo, your ride is here and you look beautiful today." 

I smiled, if only he knew how hard it is for us girls to get ready >< anyways I don't want to ruin the mood.

[Gary's POV]

"Oppa, where are we going?" asked a curious JiHyo. 

"You will find out soon, we are almost there."

I've actually booked us a reservation at the restaurant on top of Namsam tower and of course for precautions I got us a private room. Since Namsan tower is a tourist attraction so yeah we had to be extra careful nobody could spot us together. We had a wonderful dinner and after that we went downstairs to put a love lock. It was already closing hours so no one saw us, I already bought a lock earlier so we wrote our names on the lock. "Gary <3 JiHyo together forever"

"JiHyo-ah,I will love you forever and ever."

"Me too, forever and ever."

And then we locked the lock.

After that, I brought her to my favourite park near Han Gang, it is like my secret hangout. I always go there whenever I need to clear my mind, that place was where I wrote my new song "Get Some Air". I brought a picnic blanket and gave her my coat while we just sat there for a while, just enjoying the scenery with each other. We didn't speak for a while, all we did was just sat next to each other with her head on my shoulder. After a while, JiHyo spoke.

"Oppa, thank you so much. This past year had been a blast for me and I hope for many many years to come for us."

"Definitely, did you enjoy tonight?"

"Yes, I did." and she gave me a peck on my cheek.

"Well, glad you liked it but it isn't over yet. Wait here."

[JiHyo's POV]

Sitting with Gary at his secret hangout and just looking over Seoul and Han Gang was the best part of the evening for me. I wish time would stop at that instant. I didn't want to leave that moment, just sitting there was the happiest moment for me. To be able to be myself without the eyes of the camera and to be with the person I love the most. What more could I ask for?

So I thanked Gary-oppa for everything cause he was the one person who understood me and was always there for me. When he told me it wasn't over yet, I was shocked. He is truly a man full of surprises.

He came back with a bouquet of roses. He sat down next to me and said," Roses for you, my love." Roses are my favourite flower but I noticed something odd in that bouquet.

"Oppa, why is there a fake flower in here?"

"Cause I will love you until the last flower dies."

I blushed cause he always says the right words to me which makes my heart flutter.

"Oh and one last present for you." He handed me a small box.

I opened it to find out it was a necklace with a ring in the middle. The ring was just a simple silver ring but it was pretty to me. I was about to ask him what's the special meaning behind this when I saw him pull out the same necklace under his shirt. 

"You've been wearing that the whole night? OMG why didn't I notice it?"

"Guess I am that good and giving surprises then." I lightly hit him in the arm cause he was getting too full of himself.

"Anyways, I hope you like it. I remember a while back I wanted to buy us a couple ring but you were busy with your drama and you said if I were to buy you a ring you would always have to take it off. So I found thenext best solution tadah! a couple ring necklace."

"I love it! Kang Gary you never fail to surprise me."

"Of course! I am the king of surprises. Let me help you wear it."

When he helped me to fasten the necklace I could feel my cheeks getting red by the moment. 

"All done, let's see. Wow it looks amazing on you!"

"Alright then my turn, close your eyes."

I grabbed my purse and took out my present, I wanted to give himsomething that showed him that he means a lot to me so I made a handmade card that had all of the things I wanted to say to him but could never express in words. I placed it in his hands, "Ok open your eyes."

"Ooooo a card, can I read it now? Please."

"Fine, but don't tease me when you are done reading it."

I was super nervous when he opened the card and started reading it, my hands were getting sweaty and my heartbeat was rising by the second. What if he doesn't like it? He gave me so much tonight and all I did was give him a stupid card. What if he thinks I'm really childish for doing something like this? When he was done reading, I was super scared to know his reaction but he looked up with a huge smile on his face.

"JiHyo-ah this is the best gift ever, thank you a lot!"

"Re-really? Don't yo-you think it is childish?" I was stuttering really bad cause I was afraid he was lying to me to make me feel better.

"Yes it is, cause from this card I can feel all your sincerity and love and it means a lot to me thank you!" he placed the card down and reached out to hug me. As we hugged, I held on really tight cause I never want to let go from him, ever. When we let go, I looked into his eyes and I felt like the luckiest girl in the world to be able to have Gary-oppa by my side was the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm super happy he reached out to me a year ago.

So, I did the one thing I never thought I would do. I kissed him

[Gary's POV]

When we let go from our hug, I could see tears about to form from her eyes and the next thing I know, JiHyo was kissing me. I was super shocked at first but then I kissed back. That moment felt so magical to me, it was like a firework ignited in us. I guess this is how first kiss felt like. Yes it is super embarrassing for me to admit that this is my first kiss.

When we broke apart from our kiss, the shock was still on my face. 

"Oppa, what's with that look?" said Jihyo while she scrunched her nose.

"Just shock that is all."

"What's so shocking about kissing a girl? Wait don't tell me, that was your first kiss!" I shyly nodded my head.

"Well the, I'm honoured to be your first kiss."

And that is how the night ended with a wonderful kiss from JiHyo.

-------One week later-------

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, I looked at the time on my alarm clock. It was only 7am who on Earth would be calling me right now? I picked up phone it said MANAGER.

"Hyung, why are you calling me early in the morning?"

"You and JiHyo have been found out, go and check the Internet now."

"WHAT?!" I hung up immediately and head straight to my laptop. When I head to the website, there I saw it the headlines.

MONDAY COUPLE ARE NO LONGER JUST DATING ON MONDAY

RUNNING MAN'S FAVOURITE ON-SCREEN COUPLE, MONDAY COUPLE, SONG JIHYO AND KANG GARY ARE REVEALED TO BE DATING. THE TWO WHO HAVE BEEN WORKING SIDE BY SIDE FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS APPEAR TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP. WE KNOW THAT THEY ALWAYS APPEAR SUPER CUTE ON-SCREEN BUT HERE WE HAVE THE LATEST UPDATE WITH SHOWS THAT THEY ARE MORE THAN JUST AN ON-SCREEN COUPLE.

A WEEK AGO OUR REPORTERS HAVE CAUGHT THEM ON A SECRET DATE, HERE WE HAVE THE PICTURES OF GARY PICKING JIHYO UP FROM HERE APARTMENT AND THE NEXT PICTURE IS OF THEM ENTERING A RESTAURANT TOGETHER. THE LAST PICTURE IS OF GARY DROPPING JIHYO OFF AT HER HOME AND SHE APPEARS TO BE HOLDING A BOUQUET OF ROSES IN HER HAND.

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THE TWO HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN A DATING SCANDAL. EARLIER THIS YEAR THE TWO WERE SEEN TO BE HUGGING IN A GROUP PHOTO OF THE RUNNING MAN PRODUCTION STAFF. ALTHOUGH THE TWO HAVE DENIED TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP BACK THEN, WHAT ABOUT NOW? WE ARE CURRENTLY TRYING TO CONTACT THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENCIES FOR THEM TO CONFIRM WHETHER THIS NEWS IS ACCURATE OR NOT.

What?! How did they manage to follow us? I was sure of it that we weren't being followed that day. I scrolled down to see the comments

  • OMG! THE SHIP HAS SAILED I REALLY HOPE THIS IS REAL
  • YESSSSSSSSS!!! MONDAY COUPLE FOR LIFE
  • PRAYING THAT THIS IS REAL
  • GARY IS ALWAYS SO GOOD TO JIHYO ON THE SHOW I HOPE THIS IS REAL 

I'm glad that so far we have been receiving wonderful comments but I am still not so sure whether we should reveal our relationship or not since our date was solid evidence that we were dating. I picked up the phone and called JiHyo, only to hear her sobbing on the other end.

"JiHyo-ah, why are you crying?" The urgency in my voice was obvious, why didn't she call me when she was crying, something is definitely wrong.

"Oppa have you seen the news? What *sob* are *sob* we going to do?"

"I just saw it only, my manager called me a couple of minutes ago and told me I'm sure we will figure out a way. But when did you find out?"

"Since last night after we hung up from our call, I knew you were bout to sleep so I didn't want to disturb you."

"Aish, you should have called me. Are you alright?" I was really worried about her, JiHyo tends to overthink a lot and sometimes the scenarios she thinks of are pretty harsh and it does drives her over the edge at times like she gets really frighten over the little details. For instance, if she called me multiple times and I didn't answer she would be really worried and thought I was in a horrible situation when actually the batteries of my phone died out. 

"I'm scared oppa, what are we going to do?"

"There's nothing to be scared of, we can get through this together and besides I've checked through the comments almost all of them are positive so we have nothing to worry about. Let's just talk to our companies first and see their opinion on this issue. Call you later ok?"

"Alright then, oppa."

[JiHyo's POV]

I am freaking out right now, both of us were super sure that no reporters were following us that day so how did our date ended up on the Internet. I couldn't get much sleep last night and was practically crying the entire night because I am scared. I wanted to keep our relationship a secret because as a celebrity sometimes we just want to keep some things that are private but now since it is almost known what are we going to do? Talking to Gary-oppa on the phone did make me feel better but still how will people judge us?

That afternoon we both went to discuss this issue with our companies and everyone told us that they would respect our decision whether we would like to reveal or not and that the choice is in our hands. 

That night Gary-oppa came over to my house as a surprise, I was just about to chase him out because I was afriad there would be more reporters hiding about but he insisted that we had a talk over this issue. So we sat in my living room and well talked.

"JiHyo-ah, what do you think? Should we reveal it?"

"This relationship was suppose to be our secret but now I feel so expose. I just feel super weak so I think we should just deny or ignore it."

"And let the rumours come back again when we go on another date again? Or are you just going to stop going out on dates with me from now on?"

I was shocked to hear him say that, does he don't want to date me anymore?

"Oppa that is not what I meant, I mean like I wanted this relationship to be private. I just want you to be mine that's all I don't want people always spying on us and ruining our relationship."

"Alright then, I'm sorry too this issue has made me really frustrating sorry if I had sounded angry earlier."

"It's ok I get it."

"Truth is JiHyo-ah, I think that maybe we should just reveal it to them but also ask the public to respect our relationship and don't spy on us. We both know how this issue will always be around if we keep on denying it and we just can't drag it any longer. Remember last time because I hugged you in that picture how long the rumour spread, I was even asked about it in an interview once and at that time I wanted to say 'YES! We are dating are you happy that you got your news now?' to the camera but I knew I couldn't do that. So what do you think about this idea?"

Just reveal it? Just thinking about revealing it made me super nervous but he had a point, if we keep on denying it then the rumours will continue on and on until a confirmation is adressed.

"I understand what you mean and you are right, let's just reveal it then. I'm sick and tired of these rumours already."

That night, Gary-oppa uploaded a picture on his social media sites.

Hello, Gary here. I know a lot of you have seen or heard the rumour about me and JiHyo being an official couple. So right here, right now I shall clarify things with everyone. JiHyo and I met 5 years ago thanks to Running Man and we have been a part of the Monday couple love line for so long. Monday couple is one of the most famous pairings in Running Man and we would like to thank all of you for your support. Speaking of support, we also hope that you will continue to support us as we HAVE BECOME A REAL COUPLE. We both have found out that our feelings for each other are not on a business level only and that they are real so we have taken our relationship onto the next level. We hope that all you fans out there will continue to support us as individuals and as a real couple. Moreover, we hope that you could respect our privacy and allow us to date happily like a normal couple because we are all human beings and would like some privacy to ourselves. Thank you fans for your support all the time. 

"And send! Alright the picture has been uploaded already so we shall see how it goes. It's getting late already I should go."

"Oppa could you just stay over for a night, I need you by my side. Let's just see the comments together ok?"

"Sure thing, remember I'm right here if you need me."

[Gary's POV]

After uploading the picture, comments started flooding in and I am glad to see 99.99% of them are positive. Who knew the Monday couple fanbase was so huge that everyone was excited that the two of us were together.

  • OMG! My wish has came true. Monday couple forever
  • I guess we should call you Everyday couple now 
  • Yes the ship has officially sailed
  • JiHyo is the right girl for you Gary!

​So everything turned out alright and we slept.

The next morning, I had totally forgotten I stayed at JiHyo's house and she was in my arms. Her face looked so peaceful when she was sleeping, I guess she hasn't had a good night sleep in a while but now things are headed to a better way. The fans are loving the fact that we are finally together.

Our future together is looking brighther day by day.


[A/N] Hey guys I'm back with that special chapter that I promised, this chapter has got to be the longest chapter I have ever written and yes there will be more special chapters I'll be back bye!