Hero

"I'm a monster."

"Did she get home safe ?" Suho asked.

 
"Does it look like she didn't ?" Lay said taking his jacket off.
 
"Well thank you Mr. Obvious." Suho rolled his eyes.
 
"But something strange happened on our way there." Lay started explaining. Suho frowned. Alarmed by Lay's words, all the male wolves gathered around.
 
"What happened ?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"We were walking when she suddenly stopped walking. I called her name a couple times but it looked like she was... I wouldn't say possessed but under some magic spell. She was looking straight in front and her eyes had a very strange light in them... Once she regained her senses, she told me a weird story that I didn't buy about a kitten." Lay said.
 
"That's weird... Do you think it could've been a supernatural creature ?" Tao asked.
 
"I have no idea." Lay replied.
 
"The only supernatural creatures that come to town are vampires but they're in the south at this time of the year." Chanyeol said.
 
"Maybe it was... one of them." Baekhyun said. They all looked at him. 
 
"Tao said he sensed one of them earlier... don't you think that's much bigger than just a coincidence ?" Baekhyun said. Maybe he was right. Maybe he was wrong.
 
"Yeah well how do we find out if it's one of them ?" Lay asked.
 
"I think we shouldn't get involved in anything right now. Let's stay in spectator mode. Let's just cautiously observe and make ourselves discreet from now on. That's the best strategy." Suho said.
 
"Sir, yes sir !" Kai joked. After biding each other goodbye, they all went to sleep. Suho couldn't sleep though. He was too busy thinking about her. How unexpectedly they met... how she didn't run away when he told her he was a beast... and he was excited to see her again, for sure. For once in a long time, Suho fell asleep with a smile on his face. Not knowing that a few miles up in the air, into the depths of the dark skies, someone was observing them.
 
----------------------------------------------
 
"Bo, wake up." 
 
"Boo~"
 
"Come on Bo. It's time to get up now."
 
"LEE BOMI !" 
 
"HUH ?!" Bomi shot her eyes open and the next thing she knew, she was hugging the cold floor.
 
"Ah, you're awake now." She heard her little brother, Kevin's voice. 
 
"I'm up, thanks." She stood up and rubbed her eyes.
 
"'Welcome. Come on, get ready. We can't go to school late." He said getting out of her room.
 
"What a world... the youngest wakes the oldest up. Oh, Lord..." She thought as she made her way towards the bathroom with her towel in her hand, where she took a quick cold shower and brushed her teeth. Bomi wasn't the most girly girl at school but she knew how to make herself look okay. Some mascara and a bit of lip gloss. She then wore  her school's uniform. She combed her long black hair. She then filled her bag with her books for the day and headed towards the kitchen, all ready. In the kitchen, always the same scene. Her mom making tea and her dad reading the newspaper sipping some black coffee.
 
"Good morning." Bomi mumbled.
 
"Good morning sweetheart." Her dad smiled at her for a second then kept on reading the news. She kept waiting but one one asked her why she came home so late yesterday.
 
"As always." Bomi disappointedly mumbled and sat at the table.
 
"How was it at grandpa's yesterday ?" Her mom asked, not looking away from the tea machine.
 
"It was amazing, he taught me a lot about moon rocks. Next week we're going to see Korea's biggest exposition." Bomi said with excitement. 
 
"Oh God, I'm so late ! I better hurry up and go !" Her mom checked her watch and that's the last thing she said before running out of the kitchen. Bomi sighed. She felt stupid at a second for even thinking she would be excited for her. Bomi hurriedly ate a fried egg and gulped down a glass of milk before exiting the house with her brother. Her brother was the only one that actually made her want to go back home in the evening. They took the bus to their school and they were lucky enough to to get there on time. At the entry of the school, it was time for them to split.
 
"See you at home piggy." Bomi said patting her little brother's head.
 
"See you sis !" He replied. Bomi then started walking and soon, she reached her classroom. Her one and only friend Yoonji was waiting for her by the entry. 
 
"Hey !" She smiled as she hugged her. Yoonji was Bomi's eccentric best friend since kindergarten.
 
"Hey you ! What happened to you yesterday ? I called you a thousand times and even left messages." She said.
 
"Oh... I was just... talking about moon rocks with my grandpa. Nothing special." She lied.
 
"What are you hiding from me Lee Bomi ?" Yoonji crossed her arms.
 
"Nothing, Jung Yoonji. How's Jihoon ?" Bomi asked. That was the best way to stop talking about something.
 
"Oh, don't even mention this jerk's name. We broke up." Yoonji rolled her eyes. Yup. Yoonji and Jihoon had the most complicated yet romantic love story ever. 
 
"Again ? And when are you getting back together ?" Bomi said.
 
"We're not !" Yoonji yelled.
 
"That's what you said the... wait... 76638th time you guys broke up." Bomi crossed her arms.
 
"Well this time it's different." Yoonji flipped her blonde hair.
 
"You said that too." Bomi said.
 
"Can you stop please ? Bell's ringing. Let's go." She pushed the classroom door.
 
"As you wish." Bomi laughed and followed.
 
----------------------------------------------
 
"DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING !!"
 
"Oh, thank God it's over." Yoonji stretched her arms. Bomi shook her head with a smile as she put her books in her bag. The two girls bid each other goodbye with a big hug and started walking separate ways. Bomi was heading outside when suddenly, she bumped into something... or someone. After she regained her senses, she was picking up her stuff when a pair of hands started doing it before she could. They were so pale and... perfect. Just like girls' hands. And the right hand had a magnificent ring with a moon rock on top of it. Bomi stood up and soon faced a guy... a beautiful young boy. Medium height, green eyes and this face... a flawless pale complexion. He had delicate lips and curly blonde hair. He almost seemed unreal. She never saw him around. Must be a new pupil.
 
"I'm very sorry, my bad." He handed her the books she dropped. She took them and as her hand brushed his, Bomi had a strange feeling.
 
"...Are you alright ?" The boy asked, upon getting no response. This feeling... she already had it before...
 
"Hey." He placed his hand on her shoulder which made her gasp. His eyes widened. It seemed so unreal... Almost... electric. But Bomi managed to regain her senses and look at him.
 
"Ummm... sorry I was just a bit taken aback." She said making eye-contact with him. His eyes had this light in them... a familiar light actually...
 
"It's okay. I'm Hero." He stuck out his hand. Bomi reluctantly shook his hand.
 
"Bomi." She replied.   
 
"Bomi... Such a beautiful name. Well I hope I'll see you around more often from now on, Bomi." He winked and walked away. Bomi looked like she was struck by the lightening. She was... confused. Who is he ? Where is he from ? What was this feeling ? She couldn't think straight. To avoid getting too much attention, Bomi just ran outside and reached the bus station. There, she boarded a bus back home. Once she arrived at home, Bomi took off her uniform and wore jeans with a white shirt and grey sandals then sprinted to the boys' house. After 10 minutes of running, she was standing in front of their door and she was about to knock when the door opened and Tao stormed out, pinning her against the red wall.
 
"What are you doing ?!" She yelled, more afraid than ever. Tao was just sniffing her with his eyebrows furrowed and an orange light glistening from his eyes... Bomi was terrified.
 
"Who were you with ?" He asked, boiling with anger.
 
"W-What ?" She asked, shaking.
 
"Don't play dumb ! Where are they hiding ?!" He yelled, tightening his grip. Bomi started crying.
 
"WHERE ARE THEY ?!" He screamed. A second after, something sent Tao away which made him fly and hit himself against a tree. Bomi was upon shocked.
 
"Hey, are you okay ?" Kai came out of the house. 
 
"I don't know what took him, I just came to say hi and all of a sudden h-he just pinned me against the wall !" She said rubbing her wrists.
 
"It's okay, don't worry anymore. Come on." Kai went in the house with her. She sat on the couch and Kai took place next to her.
 
"Tell me what happened." He said.
 
"Like I said, I didn't even knock that he stormed out and started screaming like an angry beast... he asked me thousand questions like who I was with... and then he asked me 'where are they hiding'... I don't get it..." She said. 
 
"Maybe he sensed something... Did you notice anything strange today ? Something unusual ?" Kai asked.
 
"Well, no... except... this new guy at school. But that's nothing." She said.
 
"Did something happen with him ?" He said.
 
"No, he just bumped into me by accident. That's all." She shrugged.
 
"So you made physical contact ?" He said. Bomi nodded.
 
"Tell me more about this guy, what did he look like ?" Kai asked.
 
"About 5 cm taller than me, pale skin, female hands and features, curly blonde hair, pink lips, very skinny... just like a manga character." She said.
 
"Okay... and did you notice a particular jewel ? Something eye-catching ? it could be a necklace, a ring, a bracelet..."
 
"Oh, yeah. He had an amazing ring with a moon rock. I wanted to ask him about it but I was feeling strange." She said. Kai's eyes widened.
 
"Strange ? Tell me more about it." He came closer to her.
 
"I don't know... I felt weird... and it wasn't the first time... just like if he was electric, every time he touched me I had a very weird sensation that I don't usually have... and there was this light in his eyes..." She said.
 
"Okay I got it. Bomi, listen to me carefully. This guy is very dangerous, he's a supernatural creature. From what you told me, he seems to be a vampire but again I'm not really sure. That's why Tao was a bit violent earlier, he left his smell on you. Now I'm going to walk you home, you'll wash thoroughly and throw these clothes away." Kai said. Bomi was shocked but... it was a reality now. And she wasn't at the 'omg I can't believe this is happening what to do' stage. She was used to it.
 
"Okay but... why do I need to throw my clothes away ?" She asked.
 
"Because of Tao... if he smells that again..." Kai started.
 
"W-What ?" Bomi asked, terrified.
 
"...He'll kill you."