Full Moon

"I'm a monster."
 
"Bye grandpa ! See you tomorrow !" Bomi closed the door after she walked out of the house. She took a deep breath and put her hands in her pockets, her backpack firmly fastened on her back. Sun's already set. She figured out she had to go home quickly. Without any further though, she started walking. She was peacefully walking when her eyes drifted towards the sky... 
 
"It's full moon." Her lips curved into a smile. She took out her phone and wrote a text to her mom.
 
"To : Mom
 
Mom, I'm going to study with Yoonji for our math test. Don't wait for me, eat. I'll ask her mom to drop me when we'll be done studying, love you."
 
"From : Mom
 
Be careful sweetie!
 
Okay. She her heels and started sprinting towards the old cemetery. She ran for h half a mile and finally reached her destination. A small forest located near the High Rocks. It was all about rocks, dried leafs and trees. Bomi carefully inspected each tree until she spotted 'their' tree. She ran to it with a glad smile. Once there, she ran her fingers on the writings carved onto it.
 
"B + Y"
 
As her fingertips the hard wood, a memory hit her. 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
1st August, 2000
 
"Happy Birthday Bomi-ah !" Yoochun said hugging his best friend.
 
"Thank you Chun !" She gladly replied with a smile. Yoochun took out something from his backpack. A knife. A knife he carefully wrapped in sponge. He then started carving something on the hard wood with all his strength. Once he was done, he blew on his artwork and rubbed his wrist with a satisfied smile. He turned to look at his best friend, a hand on the tree.
 
"B + Y. Bomi + Yoochun. This is officially our tree." He said. Bomi smiled and made her way towards her friend.
 
"We're best friends forever right ?" She said.
 
"Of course ! 'Till the end and even further !" He replied, earning a big hug from the little girl. The two giggled as Yoochun stumbled and fell down, Bomi falling on top of him. 
 
"Chun, you'll always be with me, right ?" She looked into his eyes with a worried look.
 
"Of course, I'll always be by your side. No matter what happens, I won't ever let you down." He replied.
 
"Promise ?" She pouted as she stuck out her pinky.
 
"Promise." The little boy tangled his pinky to hers with a smile.
 
-------------------------------------------
 
"Ah, Park Yoochun... What happened to our promise ? Where could you possibly be ? Each full moon of the month at 8;pm, I come back to our tree, hoping I'll find you here, one day. But I don't seem to be finding you..." The girl sat down on the fallen dried leaves, resting her back on her cherished tree. Where is he ? Why did he disappear so suddenly 10 years ago ? Why didn't he try to contact her ? Why did he leave her ? What is he doing now ? Does he still remember her ?... So many questions... But no way to earn the answers to them. Bomi let out a heavy sigh as she opened her bag and took out an old worn-out Rubik's cube. You could hardly distinguish the colors from the scratched light wood. But she didn't care. It was the last gift her friend offered her before disappearing, it was the item she was the most attached to. She was twisting and twisting it, staring blankly into space when she heard a noise... She furrowed her eyebrows. This is quite unusual at this time... But oh well,  Nevermind. 
 
"Maybe it's just an owl." She shrugged and kept on twisting her dear cube when she heard it again. This time, the noise was so loud she could clearly distinguish what it was... 
 
It was a scream.