The Big Day

Marriage for Money

I stumble a little but find my balance again, only to look up to a face I've been wanting to avoid. Bosco.

I push him by the shoulders away from me. "Why'd you follow me?" I ask coldly.

"Why can't I?" He asks as he pulls me closer, "You're mine now."

He tries to caress my face with his other hand but I quickly push him away.

I look at him, "You made this deal with my dad right?"

He raises his eyebrows and nods.

"Cancel this marriage. Give me a week or two to gather up money to pay you back in place of my dad," I offer, calmly.

He sighs. "You are paying in place of your dad...as my wife," he says as he pulls me by the waist closer to him.

My anger builds up and I push his hand away harshly. "Why are you doing this to me?! Why would we even marry when we don't even love each other?!"

He forcefully hugs me and whispers in my ear, "The more you don't want to be with me, the more I will stick close by you...like this."

I push him away and shoot him a sharp and hateful glare before walking away.

***

I am happily greeted by Fala, Kate, and Tiffany as soon as I arrive home.

"Crystal, where have you been?" Fala signs as we all sit down in the living room.

I sigh, reminded of the misfortune that's been placed upon me for the moment.

"Sis, are you okay?" Asks my loveable baby sister, Tiffany.

I fake a smile. "Of course," I pinch her chubby little cheeks. "Don't worry about me guys. Focus on your studies, Tiffany. Kate, Fala, please continue working hard in the bakery. I'm very thankful you guys take off a majority of the load on my shoulders."

The twins smile at me.

"I have something to tell you guys--"

"Mommy! Brother!" Tiffany exclaims, smiling largely at the sight of my mom and brother arriving home.

"What are you guys crowding around for?" Mom asks as she laughs. "I love seeing you guys talk with each other."

"Mom, Kevin," I pat the space next to me on the couch, signaling them to have a seat.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Mom looks at me, concerned.

"I have something to tell you guys..." I take a deep breath, "I'm getting married tomorrow."

I hear gasps all around.

"Sis, why are you getting married so sudden? You never mentioned a boyfriend nor fiance," Fala asks, worriedly.

"Yeah, little sis. Why so sudden?" Kevin chimes in.

I sigh. "Sorry. I know it's a bit sudden. I already told dad. Please tell Yoyo if she comes home tonight. Anyway, please come tomorrow and dress nicely." I fake another smile before I get up and head to my room.

***

The Next Day

I woke up quite early and had Kate do my makeup and hair for me.

 

                    Makeup:                                                                                                            Hair & Dress:                             

                                                         

 

                           Shoes:                                                                                         Necklace:

                             

Bosco and his family arrive soon after I finish getting ready at my house.

 

                           Bosco:

Bosco offers his hand and I take it since I don't want my family to have any suspicions that this marriage was based on my father's greediness.

We walk down the steps together til we reach the wedding limo.

Bosco opens the door for me and gestures me to go in. As soon as we close the door and the driver drives off, I push him away from me. No matter what he does for me, I will forever remember the strong sense of betrayal I felt when I found out my dad threw me away only thinking of himself.

Bosco wraps his left arm around my waist then connecting both his hands, keeping me in his embrace despite my struggle. After a while of useless struggling, I let him hug me. Not because I forgive him, but because I don't want to waste my time and effort on him.

We pull up to the wedding venue and I put on my fake smile again. Bosco gets out first then holds out his hand as I get out of the limo, smiling at family and friends.

We start the dreaded ceremony.

***

After the ceremony, the limo took us to Bosco's house along with my luggage.

    

 

        

 

"This is your lady boss," Bosco introduces me to his two maids (Mei & Fa).

I awkwardly smile, not knowing how to react, as they bow to me.

"Take her stuff upstairs," he orders his driver (Wai).

Bosco looks at Mei & Fa, "Mei-yi (a-yi is a term for aunt in general, not a literal aunt), get a towel and tooth brush for Crystal. Fa-yi, get pajamas for Yi Fei (my chinese name) as well as fold and hang up her clothes in my closet."

"...I'll go shower first," I indirectly tell Bosco, making my way upstairs toward the master bathroom.

I change into:

 

                                                   

Bosco goes to shower after I exit.

I look around the bedroom.

I open the door into the hallway and bump into Fa-yi. "Ah, Fa-Yi, can you please grab me an extra blanket?"

"Sure," she replied, smiling.

She returned a few minutes later with a big white blanket. "Thank you so much, Fa-yi!" I exclaim as I take the blanket. I take the blanket to the white couch by the bed and drape it over myself as I lie down.

I hear the sound of the shower turning off. Soon enough, he exits wearing a black t-shirt and gray sweatpants with a towel wrapped around his neck.

"What are you doing?" He asks as he approaches me, slightly annoyed.

"What else would I be doing instead of trying to sleep? Dancing?"

"Are you scared that I will do something to you?"

In response, I turn to face the couch and pull the blanket up to cover my shoulders.

He roughly throws my blanket off me and picks me up bridal style and carries me to the bed.

As soon as he puts me down, I crawl away from him but before I can get off the bed, he pulls me back.

"Go to sleep," he says as he covers us in the blanket.

I release myself from his grip and scooch to the farthest side of the bed, annoyed as I turn to face the wall. Bosco swiftly turns over and grips his hand on my hand.

After pushing his hands away multiple times, he never seems to stop hugging me so I give up and sleep.