Should I help my Enemy?

Marriage for Money

Hey guys! Sorry, this chapter is especially short! I sincerely apologize!.  These chapters are more of intros to slowly lead up to the rising action and such! The chapters will start to get much longer either the next chapter or the following chapter!However, on a brighter note, the plot is starting in this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was once again abrubtly woken up. But this time, it was not by the sound of arguing.

"Crystal, do you have any money?" I slowly open my eyes to the sight of my mother frantically waking me up.

"Money? For what?" I ask, confused. I start to rub my temples since I got a headache from sitting up too quick.

"Hurry, get me all our savings please," she continues, waving her arms around, a habit she does when she is in panic mode.

Still in a confused state, I start walking around my room toward the closet til I reach the safe. I open the safe and take out $2,000 in cash.

"Mom. Can you tell me why you need this much money right now?" I ask as I hold out the cash, still in a daze, rubbing my eyes.

"Your dad. His loan sharks say he is passed his pay back date. With interest, it totals to $5,000. They said if he doesn't pay back at least half today, he will meet his ancestors." She looks at me with that same worried expression the last time this happened.

I snapped.

"Why do you care about him so much?! He divorced you and left us when we needed a cozy family the most! You care about him so much but he wouldn't care about you if the situation was reversed! The last time we gave him money to pay off loan sharks what happened? He took it without saying thank you even after putting on a show and pretending like he was so regretful for leaving us and for making these bad decisions. Now look! He's borrowing money again and expecting us to pay it off!" I look at her, furious. Not at the actual fact that she wants to help her ex-husband, but at the fact that my own dad is using us and talking to us only when he needs something.

"Sweetie. Please, listen. Although he has done all those things, doesn't mean that we shouldn't help him. He is family after all. Even if he wasn't family...say you see someone out on the street being beaten nearly to death, would you help him?" she replies calmly.

"Ugh, mom! Please, stop siding with him. He doesn't repent. He needs to learn what suffering really is before he goes all dependent on the family HE LEFT," I say, spewing with hatred just by the thought of him.

"No no, Yi-Fei, please. Think of it as charity," she says, holding my hand, trying to convince me.

"Charity?! He obviously went out and gambled! He does this everytime and you still believe that he is oh so pitiful and such," I make a disgusted face.

"Okay, fine. Sweetie, do it for me," she looks at me in the eye, desperate.

I sigh. I know that she is determined. "Okay. Fine. But this is the last time, okay? If he screws up again, I don't know where I can dig to find him money."

She smiles at me. "Thank you, Sweetie."

I look at her. "I'll bring it to him."

I storm off and walk all the way to his bar.

As soon as I arrive at the bar, the strong scent of alcohol and cigarettes demolish my nostrils. I sigh and walk in.

The colorful strobe lights scatter all over the dance floor, giving some light in this dark space. I look around for that man I used to look up to. Finally, I spot him.

I walk up to him, hoping to leave soon as the stench is seriously making me want to vomit.

As soon as he sees me he shoos his employees away. "Hi sweetie. What are you doing here?"

I scoff, annoyed. He knows exactly why I am here. "Here," I hold out the brown envelope that encompasses the large amount of money.

He reaches out for it as expected but I pull it back, "This is THE LAST TIME we are giving you money for any reason."

He starts to say something but I cut him off.

"Don't bother my mom again, don't contact us again. I don't want to be reminded of you nor the unhappy memories that come with you." I harshly throw the envelope in his face and walk off.

From the corner of my eye I see someone.

I turn around.

A young man sitting at one of the tables...

...with that arrogant smirk.