An Unwilling Deal

Marriage for Money

Hey guys! This episode will be the initiating event for this fanfiction :D Therefore it will be much much longer than before! :) Hope you guys enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person POV:

Bosco's eyes are set on Crystal all the way til the front door where she exits. He slowly turns his gaze over at the man Crystal was yelling at. He starts walking over toward him as he adjusts his black blazer.

Ha Yu looks up, "Is there anything you need, sir?" he asks with a smile.

Bosco smiles back as he bluntly asks, "What is your relationship with that girl?"

Ha Yu possessed a shocked expression on his face, surprised at both the straightforward question and how loud the yelling actually was. "Uh haha. She's my daughter," he smiles awkwardly.

One of Bosco's bodyguards steathily whispers to Bosco, "From what I recall, it seems like he was one of our branch's biggest borrowers. Plus...he is heavily in debt."

His smirk makes a reappearance.

The bodyguards grab Ha Yu by the collar and drag him outside to the dark and isolated alley.

Ha Yu is in shock as he drops to his knees and begs them not to do anything to him, "Please...please spare me...I p-promise....I'll pay you back as soon as possible."

Bosco squats down next to him to be eye level as he gives 3 light smacks to his face. "As soon as possible?" Bosco stands back up as his bodyguards begin harshly kicking him in the stomach, ribs, and face.

Ha Yu starts crying, "Please, I'm begging you...I'll do anything."

Bosco grabs his two bodyguards by the arm to tell them to stop, "Anything?"

Ha Yu quickly nods uncontrollably.

Bosco smirks, "Are you that desperate?"

"Yes, yes. P-please s-spare my life," he softly speaks as he gets on his knees.

A small chuckle escapes from Bosco's mouth. "Okay. I'll erase your entire debt as well as give you $7,000 as spending money to sustain you throughout your life. How's that?" Bosco offers, smiling.

Ha looks up, "Sir...are you serious? Will you really do that?" He asks continuously as a huge smile breaks out on his face. He bows about 20 times a minute.

Bosco squats down to his eye level once again and lifts up his chin, "But, of course there is a little condition."

"Sure...s-sure anything!" he exclaims, still smiling.

"Your daughter must marry me."

Ha's smile slowly fades, steadily becoming indecisive, "Huh? M-my daughter?"

"No deal?" he asks as he gets up and fixes his blazer. "Okay then. Say goodbye to your family before midnight," he bluntly says as he and his bodyguards walk away.

Ha Yu makes up his mind and runs after them. "Okay. Okay, marry my daughter. J-just spare my life. Please!" he exclaims, desperately.

First Person (Crystal) POV:

3:00 am

As soon as I arrive home, I throw myself on the couch, too lazy to walk all the way to my room in order to sleep.

4:00 am

My alarm rings and routine starts again. I change quickly and head out to the bakery.

Today, I am mainly focusing on some of our customers' favorites such as delicious Pineapple Tarts, flaky Egg Tarts, and rich Almond Cake.

About an hour after the rest of the crew arrives, I receive a phone call. From my dad.

I sigh but pick up anyway, "Didn't I tell you not to contact us anymore? We already gave you all our life savings." I say as I roll my eyes.

"Oh haha no no no, Crystal. Actually, I would like to invite you to eat dinner with me tomorrow," he speaks kindly and carefully.

I scoff. There would be no way in his right mind he would invite me to eat dinner with him. After all, I speak up against him the most out of us kids.

"Oh really?" I ask sarcastically. "How kind of you. You're inviting your daughter to eat with you after years of abandoning her and her family?" I start to get angry. Whatever his motive is, I don't care. I don't want to see his face. I don't want him in my life again.

"I-I'm sorry, sweetie. I know I have made a huge mistake. Leaving the people that gave me joy," he softly speaks, adding a pitiful note in.

As I was about to reject him he interrupts me, "Please come this once. I'm very apologetic and regretful. Please, just this one time. I promise I won't bother you and your mom again after this."

I cave in, "Fine, just this one time."

I write down the location and time for the dinner tomorrow.

"Thank you, Crystal. Oh! Also, please dress up nicely since this is our last dinner together."

I sigh and hang up.

The next day (6 pm)

I decide to wear a simple white dress since it was one of the most dressy items in my wardrobe. I grab my car keys since the restaurant is too far to walk and head out.

I arrive at a gorgeous and alluring restaurant. I see fancy chandliers all around, polished and neat looking tables, and a floral aroma.

I spot my dad sitting by the enormous windows, sitting across from a young man and an older man. I don't recall my dad mentioning dining with any guests?

I walk over with crinkled brows and pull out the chair next to my dad as I turn toward the two mysterious men.

My eyes meet with Bosco's.

'Are you kidding me?' I furiously ask in my head. I let out a sarcastic laugh, still maintaining a layer of shock on my face. I look over at my dad, well, more like a slight glare. "Can I talk to you privately?" I ask him, through my gritted teeth as I try to maintain my cool.

We walk over to the other end of the restaurant. "What in the world?! You never told me there would be guests," I shout through a whisper, trying not to attract attention from the other people eating around us.

"Oh sorry, sweetie. They are my business partners. Please, let's go sit down and eat." He speaks softly and calmly, pulling me back to the table.

The fierce eye contact exchange between Bosco and I seem to never cease. After we give our orders, the older man smiles and asks, "So, when will the wedding between my son and your daughter be?"

What?

I quickly turn and stare at my dad, waiting for his explanation. He looks at me and whispers so that the other two cannot hear, "Please follow along...for the sake of your mom. If I didn't agree to this, he would have killed me, and your mom would've followed me from heartache."

I look at him, still in shock. I've never been so disappointed in someone.

"Tomorrow," my dad replies. I sit there still not accepting the situation I was forcefully placed in.

"Haha, that's great! We'll prepare everything, in-law," the older man says as he chuckles.

I look at Bosco and see him raise his eyebrows and smirk.

"I'm not feeling well, excuse me," I say as I get up and leave.

I don't know where I'm going. I eventually find myself facing a beautiful view.

As I walk up to the beautiful Pearl River, a strong grip grabs my arm and pulls me back.