тωσ

Kiss of Hell

 

 

 

    2. Chapter Two

 


    

School was over and Mia was waiting for her mother to come and pick her up. Her friends had all left and the only people left hanging around were the girls that hate her and the boy she had a crush on with his friend. She sat on the bench and played with a leaf with her foot. “Hey!” Eunha, the main girl that bugged Mia called. Mia ignored her and continued her game. Eunha barked mean remarks at me. Mia turns her head slightly and sees him, Jeon Jungkook. He looked at her after putting his phone in his pocket, Mia looked away as quick as possible. The almost silent thump of footsteps rang in her ears. ‘Oh. My. God!’ She thought as they froze so close to her. “Mind if I sit here?” Jungkook’s voice reverberated in her eardrums. She looked up at him, surprised, and nodded silently. She had never been a shy person, but he made her this way. It was awkwardly silent at the bench, Jungkook was actively messaging god knows who, while Mia was barely breathing. “Are you alright?” Jungkook asks placing his hand atop hers. Mia sniffled and looked over at the boy. “Y-yeah.” She replied retracting her hand.

          She pulled out her phone and texted her mother. ‘Please… Hurry!’ she cried mentally. Jungkook looked over to his friends, Yugyeom and Junhong. Junhong tapped at his phone, then looked at the boy. Jungkook looked at his message before turning back to Mia. “Sunmi-yah…” He said but before he could continue she stood up. “My ride is here.” She mumble lowering her head almost like she was bowing. Jungkook grabbed her wrist stopping her from walking any further. She turned to look at him, but refused to make eye contact. “We should…” he cleared his throat and stood up. “Go out some time…” he said averting his eyes as well. Yugyeom and Junhong danced around in the background. “Uh, I’ll think about it.” She said trying to get free of his grasp that only made it tighter. “I kind of need that answer now…” She pulled his hand off her and backed up. “Tomorrow…” she said rushing to the car. “After class, okay?” He nodded and waved at her. Her car rolled off slowly. “Yugyeom and Junhong ran up to the boy. “See!” Junhong exclaimed grabbing the younger harshly and shaking him playfully. “I told you she liked you.” Yugyeom laughed.

          ‘It couldn’t possibly be that easy…’ Jungkook thought to himself. “Oh it is.” Junhong said releasing him. Yugyeom patted Jungkook’s back and smiled mischievously. “Welcome to the human world, kiddo.” Junhong said ruffling Jungkook’s hair. He shook his head and tightened his backpack. “I’m starving!” Yugyeom exclaimed rubbing his stomach in circles. “Me too.” Jungkook said touching his stomach.

*Mia’s P.O.V*

          I sat next to my mother, who was blabbering on and on about her company. I didn’t care. “Sunmi, are you listening to me?” She asked I nod and look at her. She continues on about what it’s all about. I looked out the window and up at the clouds. ‘Hopefully, eonni is having a better day than me.’ I think drawing circles on the clean window. Mom had given up after noticing my lack of attention. “Who was that boy?” she asked sharply. I perked up and turned to her. She was talking my language: me! “That’s the new guy at school.” I say excitedly. Mom’s eye sparkled. I could tell she’s always wanted to have this kind of conversation. “What’s his name? What’s he like?” She asked just as excited as me if not more. I giggle and blush thinking about exactly what to say. “His name’s Jungkook…” I start I put my finger to my lips thinking some more. “He’s kind of quiet and shy, and sometimes he’s loud and playful.” I say laughing at the contradiction. Mom nodded and snickered. “So he’s an unpredictable person.” She says I nodded. “I like him a lot.” I whisper like it wasn’t already obvious.

          We arrived at mom’s house. The gates slowly opened to reveal the winding driveway. “Let us out here.” Mom says and the driver stops. “Thank you.” I say getting out of the car. The car vanished up the hill into the lot. Mom and I strolled by the pond, silently. She doesn’t seem like the monster dad described her as. “How…never mind.” I say looking at the lily pads. “What is it sweetheart?” Mom asked sitting next to me on a bench. “What happened with you and dad?” I asked sniffling. She cleared and adjusted her positions. I was waiting patiently to hear what she had to say. She looked at her shoes and then up at me. “What has he told you?” She asked her voice wavering lightly. I shook my head. “He tell eonni everything and she tells me.” I explained she wasn’t fazed by that answer. “He said that you left him in the middle of the night and never came back.” She blinked in shock, but stayed silent. I took that as a signal to continue. “Also, that you were unstable and a danger to us. He called you psycho.” She nodded, but still said nothing. “After you left he said you sent him the divorce papers and gave him custody of us because we—” She cut me off.

“That’s not true.” She said calmly. I blinked it was my turn to stay silent. She explained how when she was pregnant with Sunah, dad went to America and met Madison. The two dated behind her back and when I was born they started to fight. He told her about Madison when I turned 3 and he put her out. He dissociated their companies and divorced her to marry Madison. I was shocked. It was believable, but where did we come in in this? “I gave him partial custody because being a single mother isn’t a good image.” She explained I wanted to be mad at her, but it wasn’t her fault. I took a breath and thought back to the morning. “Oh right!” I blurted scaring mom senseless. She looked at me confused. “Dad’s in the hospital.” I say she rolls her eyes childishly. “Serves him right.” She said crossing her arms over her chest like an angry child. “Can we go?” I asked tilting my head and batting my eyelashes. “Sure.”

*With Sunah*

I sat around with a four hour layover I was bored out of my mind. “What am I supposed to do for the time being?” I asked Hanna, who was busy window shopping at the gift shop. It was my first time in Canada and I was afraid that I wouldn’t like it or be able to get back to the airport. “Let’s get something to eat!” Hanna suggested I agreed. K called to confirm my location, I was indeed where he expected me to be. We enjoyed some fries and I had chicken tinder while Hanna enjoyed a soup. “Hey?” a guy with a smooth voice called. I turned around and Hanna kinda gawked. This guy had beautiful white skin and his hair done in a messy style. “Yes?” I asked casually. He held up the scarf that I had tied around my waist. “Looking for this?” He asked sarcastically.  I looked down and reached for it. “My name’s Yoongi.” He said pulling it out of my reach. “I saw you get off my flight,” he says putting the scarf around his neck. I stood up to grab it, but he backed away. “You’re going to LA.” He said with a smile. “I’m going to LA.” He continued his voice sounding musical. Like he was singing a song.

He wrapped the scarf around my waist and pulled me closer to him, way closer than I’d like to be. “We should hang out.” He says. I furrowed my brow and looked at Hanna. “What? Why?” I asked pushing him away and taking my scarf. “I like you.” He says quite frankly. “Well…” I sigh looking him in the eye.

 


    

        Author's Note ©

 

I know this chapter is really long. I got ahead of myself and forgot to stop typing XD. I hope you enjoy it. Please subscribe and comment. I'd appreciate it a lot. I should be updating again this week maybe friday or saturday, so anticipate it please. Have a great day. Do people even read the author's notes?