Rainy Day

Super Junior-Random Drabbles

Rating: none

Characters: Yesung, Heechul, Ryeowook

Word count: 502


Rain pitter patted on the rooftop softly, the sounds soothing to Yesung as he wakes quietly, the rest of the house silent. Stretching as he blinked sleep from his chocolate brown eyes, he slowly sat up, realizing that someone had left his bedroom door cracked open again, probably Ryeowook, he liked to check up on everyone as if he was their house mother lately.

Hearing a soft meow, Yesung looked over the side of his bed and sighed as Heechul’s new pet Heebum looked up at him hopefully, tail swishing back and forth on the floor. Yesung doesn’t know why Heechul got a domesticated cat and brought him into their shared house.

The cat tenses to jump up as Yesung pats the space next to him, resigned to the fact that the cat has taken a strong liking to him, which infuriates Heechul to no end when he wants kitty cuddles and gets scratched and bit in response.

The cat jumps up, immediately purring and settling into the warm space next to Yesung, curling up and stretching out his two front paws to start kneading the blanket as his purring intensifies.

Yesung settles back in bed, reaching out to his bedside table to grab his cell phone, checking for any new emails or messages. It isn’t long before Yesung finds himself falling back asleep, his phone slipping down to his side as the cat purring and the sound of the rain on the room coaxing him back into his dreams.

Sometime later, Yesung wakes again, hearing the rain has intensified and the sounds of people moving around in the kitchen. He spots Heebum’s tail as the cat jumps off the bed, apparently satisfied from sleeping with Yesung.

Yawning, he retrieves his phone, and stretches again, deciding to get up and see what his roommates were doing for food on this quiet rainy day, feeling more relaxed now that he’s slept some more.

“Look who’s finally awake.” Ryeowook , holding a spatula and wearing the silly pink apron that Heechul had gotten him as a gag gift. “Enjoy your sleep with Heechul’s ?”

Yesung turned bright red. “Heechul’s cat, not…that word.” He sputtered, too flustered to come back with a good response.

“I still don’t get why he likes you more than me.” Heechul grumbled, his red hair sticking up in spots as he reached into the fridge and pulled out a carton of milk. Ryeowook smacked Heechul with the spatula as the older male started to drink from the carton.

“Yah! We all drink that, use a glass!” Ryeowook yells, attempting, and failing to keep a stern face as Heechul bursts into laughter.

“Yes mom!” Heechul teases, putting the carton on the table and taking the glass that Sungmin has handed him.

Yesung smiles, glad that his youth is spent with these two bickering boys as he listens to the rain coming down softly on the roof.

He loves rainy days like this, where everyone is home and things are quiet.

 


A/N: A random drabble created on a rainy day after I'd read somewhere that Yesung likes rainy days. True or not, I rather like this drabble, and I kind of imagine that if the members all still lived together, that Ryeowook would still be in mom mode, and Heechul would be annoying just because he can.