Chapter 08

Infatuation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wooyoung..."

The name still echoed in your head. Why would Wooyoung say anything to him? Why would Wooyoung betray you like this? What did Wooyoung tell him? Were all your beans spilt or was some of it still save? You needed to know what he knew. Even though you were afraid to ask, you had no choice you had to ask him.

"What did he tell you?" You looked right into his eyes when you asked this question. You wanted to show him that you were serious.
"Noona, I...." He started but didn't finish the small string of words that left his mouth. And how much you liked the feeling of his mouth connected to yours the only thing you wanted from his mouth, his lips was to tell you what you wanted, no needed to know.
He sighed again, avoiding your gaze. You tried again, this time your tone got a bit harder. "Chansung-sshi, what did Wooyoung-sshi tell you?"
You saw him flinch at your formal tone, but you couldn't care less, this was important.
"Noona, I just.... He just... I don't know." He dropped his hands from your waist and tried to convey his uncomfortableness to you. "I can't.... He just..."

He looked like a schoolboy that was scolded by him teacher. His two hands were placed on top of each other in front of his stomach, his head bowed a bit down.
"Just tell me, Chansung-ah." You tried to coax him. "You didn't do anything wrong. I won't be mad at you. I won't be mad at Wooyoung-sshi. Just tell me." Wow, the comparison to him being a little schoolboy was right. This was all so absurd, you were talking to him as if you were his teacher. The realization made you chuckle inside, if the situation hadn't been so messy and filled with confusion you would laughed out loud until the tears ran on your cheeks.

"Just tell me. What did he tell you?"
"Noona, I... I... what does it matter? I just put 2 and 2 together with what he told me and here we are." He gestured around the bathroom. "Why would it matter what he said." He had found his confidence back and it was growing with every word he said. "I mean, it doesn't matter how we came to be here, we just did and it was nice, wasn't it?" He had placed his hands back on your waist and he softly tried to pull you closer to him. His fingers making their way to the back of your body walking along the small of your back, reeling you in bit by bit.

You slapped his hands away not wanting to be distracted. You were surprised it wasn't as hard as you imagined it would be to dismiss him from holding onto you.
"It does." You spoke to him in a slightly raised voice. "It does matter. It matters to me."
"Why? Why does it matter?"
"Just because. It matters to me, so yeah, it matters."
"Noona, come on. It doesn't matter. Don't make more of it than it is." His pleading tone of voice made you even more frustrated. "Why does it matter, it doesn't."

Everything was bubbling to the surface like a tidal wave starting to form, you couldn't stop it and at this point you didn't even care anymore. The floodgates were starting to open and the built in safety valves and cogs crumbled under the pressure of your frustration.

"IT MATTERS TO ME!" You were now practically yelling at him. Surprised by you words and volume, your eyes widened and you slumped against the sink. "I need to know what Wooyoung told you. I need to know how much he told you."
"Why?" He asked you softly. You were surprised that he hadn't stormed out of the bathroom and out of your hotel room altogether by now. You weren't on your best behavior and you could imagine that if he didn't like you before he would hate you by now. Thinking that you were insane or a least crazy.

You looked up to him, a passionate glint of frustration in your eyes. You wouldn't answer his question and your mouth just told him everything you ever wanted to tell or say to him for as long you were working on this project together. Your mouth acted on it's own, everything pouring out of you in high speed and high volume.

"I like you ok. I like you more than I should. You won't even acknowledge me. You ignore me. You interrupt conversations I'm having with Wooyoung, even important conversations about the project. You just totally ignore my presence and you just completely and blatantly shot me down for over a hundred times just by opening your mouth or not saying anything at all." You kept looking straight at him, you stood up straight from the sink, to appear as tall and as strong as you could be, all the while you were being torn down on the inside. Keeping up appearances. Everything was ruined so what t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter