Chapter 06

Infatuation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Of course I could've ended it with the previous chapter. It might have been a fitting ending. And for the people reading this not liking the chance of Anna cheating on her husband they could stop reading and pretend that Anna pushed him away friendly and pretend she would have said that the fantasy is better than the reality. And pretend they would've continued being awkward with each other for the duration of the project they're both working on. And pretend that that is the end of the story, their story.

Or people can read on and see what happens.

 

You whimpered softly and put your hands flat on his chest. Not really wanting to push him away but to keep him at bay for a bit, your actions rewarded you with a small soft growl from him.

"Why?" It was all you could ask.
"I needed an excuse to see you again this evening." his answer was short and direct, not that you could understand anything anymore. You could've asked him: Why me? Why now? Just why? But no coherent thoughts were able to form in your Chansung-muddled mind.

Finally he put his right arm behind your back and he pulled you a bit closer. To save your arms from being squished you let them slip to his sides, actively holding on to him, slowly rubbing his back with your fingers. He put his forehead up against yours, the tips of your noses also touching.  He squeezed your side softly, you squeezed back.

How often you had fantasized about this, but actually being here and in this situation was quite different. You had thought that you would jump him the second you felt you had a chance. In reality it appeared that you were a bit shy, maybe unable to process what was happening, perhaps too busy in your head with the border between reality and fantasy.

His lips rubbed against yours when he spoke again. "What now Anna-sshi?" You loved the way your name sounded coming out of his mouth.
"Do you want me to continue?" How could he even ask that, duh...?!
"What about your husband? What about..... Gary?" You hadn't expected this question, him mentioning your husband. You never thought he would even remember your husband's name.

You looked at him surprised and a bit confused, not knowing how to respond. And you really didn't know. You had thought about it before, it was part of your elaborate fantasies playing through your head like movies. Gary was always in those movies, sometimes as your husband and sometimes as your best friend. Gary fulfilled both roles to you in real life. You never hid the fact that you liked to look at other guys. Gary knew you long enough to know how you feel about attention, getting and giving attention. Not that you were an attention but because of your low self-esteem you were easily overwhelmed by attention. You never demanded attention but waited patiently till someone would notice you and give you the attention you deserved. And sometimes the sudden surge of attention would spin you into overdrive and you would care for the person that gave you the attention you were seeking for. It could be any person. Not that Gary didn't give you enough of attention, of course you could survive on the planet with him only around. But sometimes a girl needs more.

Since you two had been together since you were 15 years old, sometimes you couldn't help but wondering if this was all there is to life. You love Gary with all your heart and you wouldn’t, couldn't do without him but you would love to fall in love all over again. To start a new, just for the sake of having those feelings rush through your body again. People say the grass is greener on the other side, you would love to see that greener grass, to sample it, to feel it. Even if it was just for a moment. Just to know why and how it is greener and then settle back into you normal green grass, which was a bright kind of green on its own. The greener grass made you curious.

You and Gary trust each other completely and you two had made your own rules on cheating. Due to these rules you were able to sample a bit of another life. You would always return to Gary but if the greener grass didn't mind why would you hold back. To you both cheating is only cheating when you cross the line your partner set fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter