Chapter 07

Infatuation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With time slowly passing by your thoughts were creeping back into your mind. Bit by bit they got more and more coherent and after a while you just couldn't stand it anymore. All those thoughts hurtling through your mind, you wanted an answer. Heck the mood had been spoiled as it was, so you couldn't ruin it any more than it already was.

"Chansung-ah, why?" You tried again. This was the question that preoccupied your mind the most. You'd thought that he didn't like you, that he couldn't stand to be around you, at least that's kind of how he acted towards you most of the time. "I mean... why are you doing this?"

He was still holding onto you tightly, you pushed him back slightly so you could look at his face. You kept your arms around his waist and squeezing his sides for a bit so he would be prompted to answer you. When no answer came you tried again. "Why did you come in here? Why did you kiss me back? Why... How...How did you know I'd kiss you? How did you know about....?" Your words trailed off, not wanting to finish them. You were just in time to swallow them, once they're out there they can't be locked up again. They can't be unheard. "...My feelings for you?"

You were afraid to look straight at him but you wanted answers so you hooked on to his eyes, making him look at you. The questions you had should be visible in your eyes. But you couldn't read his eyes. "Please tell me." You softly muttered while looking him directly in his eyes. He averted your gaze and sighed slightly. Then he swallowed and looked back at you with a guilty look in his eyes. You felt yourself turn rigid in his embrace as he just uttered one word.

"Wooyoung..."

Your arms fell down your sides in an instant a flash of betrayal was seen in your eyes. You trusted Wooyoung, you had told him something in confidence and he betrayed you like this. He had promised not to say anything. He promised you. You felt tears sting behind your eyes. But you wouldn't let them drop, you knew that this whole situation had heightened your emotions to a completely other level. When you thought rationally you knew that even if Wooyoung betrayed you, he did it to help you, not to stab you in the back. But with these heightened emotions surging through your system all you could feel was the betrayal.

Your mind rushed back to that fateful late afternoon meeting.

 

~ flashback ~

The CFO had just dismissed you and the result of the meeting was that Chansung would check his schedule and he would let you all know if he would accompany you to the office in Cologne, Totally dazed you left the CFO's office, all you could think about was how this was terrible and hoping that he wouldn't be able to join you. Wooyoung trailed close behind you, when you reached your office and wanted to close the door behind you, you almost slammed it into Wooyoung's face.

"Oh god, Wooyoung-ie I didn't see you. I'm so sorry." Your eyes were blinking rapidly and your hands were covering your mouth in horror, since you almost slammed the door right in your little brother's face.
"Noona, are you ok?" Wooyoung's face looked worried, he ignored the fact that you almost mangled his face.
"Uhuh." You answered, "I'm just having a little headache. It'll be alright in the morning. I'll be fine." You patted his head and squeezed his hand to reassure him. All of a sudden you retracted your hands as if a snake had bitten you. Wooyoung looked at you questioningly "Wha..." Before he could finished asking what he wanted to, Wooyoung was interrupted.
"Wooyoung-ah, are you done yet? I want to leave before the rush hour starts." Chansung just popped his head around the corner of your office. Not giving a rat's if Wooyoung was busy speaking to you. He wanted to leave so he made it known. It didn't matter that they always shared a car, Wooyoung's car, when they came to your company's office together. As his junior, Wooyoung just had to do as Chansung wanted. At that moment he irked you tremendously.

You were hoping that he didn't see you ruffling Wooyoung's hair. Not that you were ashamed or embarrassed about it, but you didn't want to give Chansung the means to tease Wooyoung with it. You didn't know how much he knew about your 'relationship' with Wooyoung and you didn't want to give anything away. You said your goodbye and started packing your bag to go home. Wooyoung looked from you to the already disappeared Chansung with a sad look on his face. He then made his way towards the hallway. "I'll see you tomorrow noona, have a nice evening." Wooyoung waved at you while he t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter