Chapter 01

Infatuation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There he was. Again. You saw him crossing the hallway just outside your office door window. It took his long strides only seconds to cross your view. But these mere seconds were all that was needed for you to register his presence. Once he was registered on your brain everything else vanished and you were distracted immediately. Somehow, someway he has that effect on you.

He has been coming around the office for a couple of months now. He's an external professional that is working on a computer project for your company. Some weeks he's there one day a week and other weeks he's there as much as three days per week. It's like he is another one of your colleagues. Even around more than some of your "real" colleagues. Everyone in the office is used to him roaming in and around the building and occupying the large meeting room in the basement. For the duration of the project that is kind of his domain.

Your colleagues think he's weird. The even gave him a nickname. "Mr. Contract" is what they call him behind his back. A slight pun on his name but mostly because he's always so concentrating on his work. All business and no play. The overall atmosphere within your office is informal and easy-going. Hardworking but the colleagues do have a lot of fun together. They just don't understand why and how someone can be as serious as he is about his work. So because he doesn’t fit their bill of normalcy they ignore him and only speak to him when necessary.

You try to defend him when your colleagues speak ill of him. You try to explain to them that he's just hardworking and that he wants to bring this project to a fulfilling completion. It's hard though. You can't defend him too obviously, you'll get hurt. Everyone knows you. They know you are happily married and even an inkling of your little crush on him will cause trouble for you and the company. So you half-heartedly defend him and sometimes even use his nickname just to show that there is nothing going on in that y noona mind of yours.

But when you see him, even just for those few seconds it takes him to cross the hallway, you know you're doomed. How could a guy be so beautiful, gorgeous even? You can't even say what it is that attracts you so much to him. It just is. It's almost too much to bear. You get annoyed with yourself for having these feelings.

Before the start of this project you had seen him around for some other IT related problems but he never really caught your attention. You thought he was just another gangly and young IT kid. You were nice enough to him and you knew who he was but that was it. No warm fuzzy feelings, no feeling the need to wrap your arms around him and nuzzle your nose in his neck. No wanting to make him smile more, cause you know that he has a wonderful warm smile that he just doesn't use very much when he's around the office. At first you also always referred to him as "Mr. Contract", but now things have changed. You can't even say when things started to change but suddenly you found yourself knee deep lost in the color of his eyes, these big brown pools of his.

Unfortunately or fortunately it depends on how you look at it, you have been appointed as the contact person within your company for this project. This means you’d have to work together with him when he needs assistance. Some days when he's in the office you only see glimpses of him through your office door window and other days he occupies the desk in front of you. When that happens no work can be done, it's just impossible. He distracts you way too much. The way he put his pen in his mouth when he's thinking something through. The way he's focused at the task at hand. The way he says your name when he needs to ask you something about the job he's doing. The way his c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter