|| The Best Friend

Playgirl, baby

 

            ✷  .* ✫ *  ·  · ˚ ♡ ˚    ·  ·  * ✫     *.  ✷

 

Okay, so Wendy did escape after all that ordeal. The two girls who had bursted in had finally gone out before the senior had the chance for another liplocking session, thank all the Gods. She had excused herself quietly (and quickly) ducking out of Irene's shapeshift jail, unlocked the door and bolted out of the room, leaving Irene behind. 


Wendy chewed on her thumb. Did she like the kiss? Irene's lip was soft and she kind of liked the flavor of her lipgloss. Irene was also pretty and charming and kissable. 


Too lost in her own thoughts, she didn't realize Seulgi waving her hand lazily in front of her. The cat-eyed girl raised her eyebrow, prodding Wendy on the shoulder, wanting her attention.


"Earth to Seungwan?" Seulgi whined.


"Seul?"


Wendy's voice suddenly cuts her whining halfway and Seulgi tilted her head, patiently waiting for Wendy to speak further. "Have you, I mean, did you ever- Ugh, wait."


Seulgi pulled a long face, reaching from beside the younger girl to pull her face. "Think it through first."


"I am! Have you ever kissed a girl before?"


Wendy breathed out her question, looking earnestly at Seulgi as she waits for her best friend's response. She hopes she hadn't offended the other girl too much, treading on to such sensitive topics so carelessly. Wendy began worrying when Seulgi remained quiet, contemplating whether to shake the girl in front of her. She seems to be thinking really, really hard though. 

"Hey, Seul, your face looks constipa-"


"Yeah, I have." Seulgi happily answered, smiling so widely her eyes disappeared into two crescents. 


Wendy leaned forward expectedly, mouth slack in wonder. "Really? Was it nice?"


"Yeah, my mom always kisses me to sleep at night."


Wendy almost let out a laugh, hiding the smile behind her hands. 


"No, uh, I mean. A girl, Seulgi!"


Seulgi crinkled her nose, thinking hard again. "I kissed you!"


"On the cheek, though. What about in the lips?"


Seulgi looks at her watch, sighing in relief when she realizes there's still a long time before their next class starts and their break ends. "Not really, Wendy. Although there is someone I know with very kissable, pouty lips."


"Irene unnie?"


Seulgi squints at Wendy, the other girl unknowingly exposing herself and looks away, nonchalantly looking at anywhere but Seulgi. "I sneezed."


"Well, your sneeze kinda sounded a lot like Irene sunbae's name." Seulgi crossed her arms and leaned forward, scrutinizing Wendy under a stern gaze. "You've been going around my back kissing other girls without me knowing! How could you! And I thought you were my lifetime friend!"


Seulgi's tone increased after every sentence, piercing Wendy with the guilt she never knew she harbored. Wendy panicked and flailed her arms, urging Seulgi to keep quiet as the other girl began loudly nagging her about 'kissing weird girls' and 'never had she been betrayed in her whole 16 years of existence' and 'oh god, did you do it?!'. Wendy gave a quick scream to mask out Seulgi's ramblings, their classmates already looking at their direction curiously. 


"Ha ha ha, Kang Seulgi you're so funny! AND YOU MAKE SUCH GOOD STORIES UP, FOLLOW ME OUTSIDE THE ROOM FOR AWHILE." Wendy stood up frantically and pulled Seulgi outside by the ear, said girl still pouting but at least she had quietened down. "I'm sorry, kangseul."


Wendy prayed that using her nickname would soften Seulgi up, which worked because she saw Seulgi relaxing slowly before giving her a short sigh. 


"It's okay, I just felt kind of left out."


"But... This just happened yesterday?"


Seulgi took Wendy by the shoulder and shook her vigorously. "MY BABY IS NOT A ANYMORE?"


"SHUT UP, KANGSEUL."


Wendy screamed back, her face flushing quickly. "Besides, didn't you say you knew someone with kissable, pouty lips? Is it me, aw, sorry Seulgi, I d-don't feel the same. You know you're such a good friend, the greatest best friend but-"


"Huh? It's Sooyoung, the girl I told you about?" Seulgi dismissed Wendy's rambling with a wave of her hand. 


"You like girls?"


"Who wouldn't?" Seulgi asked innocently. "I just didn't think it would be that big of a deal to say it with you, Wendy. I know you'd always love me no matter what, right?"


Wendy chokes back a sob, with how Seulgi is innocently looking at her with a big grin on her face and oh my lord, she wants to keep her by her side forever. Wendy jumps at Seulgi, embracing the taller girl tightly and crying out at her shoulders, with Seulgi patting the shorter girl's head to calm her down. "There, there, big baby. There's no need to cry."


"Seul, I love you! You're right, I don't care whatever your preference is, just continue being who you are!" Wendy wailed and buried her face closer to Seulgi's shoulder, wiping her tears on the other girl's shirt. "I don't mind sharing you with this Sooyoung girl but you have to love me better and tell me every moment you have with her! Hnng."


Seulgi blushed.


"Don't be silly, Seungwan."


Wendy had eventually finished her crying (after 3 more minutes of wailing) and sniffed, detaching herself from Seulgi. 


"Sooooooo..."


"About Irene and your kiss escapades......."


Wendy groaned and leaned her forehead against the wall. "Let's talk after school, I'll tell you everything, okay?"


---

"Irene, what the heck."


Irene casts a glance at Chorong. 


"You've been smiling at the board for 3 minutes since you came back from the toilet."


"Hey, you know Wendy?"


Chorong rolled her eyes, noticing Irene mentioning a different girl this time. Last week it was Nayoung? Nayeon? Ah, whatever.


"Cute chipmunk-like girl?"


Irene nodded her head happily, her lips. "She's cute."


"Sure, like the rest of the girls whom you've hooked up with." Chorong turned back to her notebook to continue scribbling down her notes.


"Ah, no. Wendy's seriously cute. Rong, listen to me!!"


Irene went back to pestering Chorong but quickly settled down as their teacher walked in. She smiled a little to herself as her mind wandered off to that cute short junior with the nervous stutter.


            ✷  .* ✫ *  ·  · ˚ ♡ ˚    ·  ·  * ✫     *.  ✷

 

 

Hellllllllooo, it's actually my break now before school begins again in a week so i'm taking advantage of the free time i get to update as much as possible. honestly, wenseul are so cute and such gr8 friends i cant h e l p it. heh. thank u for all the comments! i appreciate each and every one of them heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif