|| Music Club

Playgirl, baby

✷  .*  ✫ *  ·  ·  ˚ ♡ ˚    ·  ·  * ✫     *.  ✷

 

.

 

 

Bolting upright, Wendy flinched and opened her eyes. She had a look of bewilderment on her, holding on to the desk for her dear life. Wendy groaned when she heard a fit of giggles erupting from beside her and she gave a fierce glare towards Seulgi. The taller girl was trying hard to hide stifle her laughs, practically turning red in the face and a hand muffling out the noises ready to erupt from her. 

 

 

"What the heck!"

 

 

Wendy exclaimed and slumped towards her desk, glancing around to see if anyone noticed the way she almost fell of her seat. She stretched her limp arm and sighed, eyeing the clock and was surprised to find that it was almost time for dismissal. "How long was I knocked out?"

 

 

Wendy wearily asked the giggling girl beside her. 

 

 

"Around 10 minutes. I was actually betting for the teacher to catch you this time." Seulgi's eyes twinkled and she chortled. "But nah, the great Kang Seulgi won't let that happen and land you a detention."

 

 

"So you kicked my chair and almost caused me to fall off my seat to prevent me from having detention?" Wendy growled and proceeded to give Seulgi a soft punch to which the other girl swiftly avoided. "You could have just nudged me, or something. Called out a soft 'Wendy, wake up!' or I don't know, try not to cause my death."

 

 

Seulgi gave an apologetic smile and flashed a peace sign towards Wendy. The shorter girl sighed but finally decided to smile at her best friend's silly antics. Not long after, the bell rang and Wendy heaved a sigh of relief. Any minute now and she swear she was going to conk out again.

 

 

​'Hey, Seulgi," Wendy stretched and poked the other girl. "Where are you going now?"

 

 

Seulgi scrunched her nose and haphazardly threw her pencil case inside her bag, grunting as she stuffed all her notebooks and books inside afterwards. Wendy took one look inside Seulgi's bag and her face donned a horrified expression. "What the heck, Kang Seulgi, are you a girl. Why is your backpack so messy?"

 

 

"The messier you are, the smarter!"

 

 

"I think that only counts in handwritings."

 

 

"Hear no evil," Seulgi singsonged and wore her yellow bag, her eyes twinkling as she began walking out from her chair and in front of Wendy's desk. "and i'm going for club practice. We're going to our respectives club practices, remember? Or did you forget that you're a member of music club again."

 

 

Wendy blushed. It was just that one time. She may have forgotten to go for her own club practice and had accompanied Seulgi to the library which was coincidentally near the room the music club practiced on. So there she was, nonchalantly flipping through this one book that she had plucked randomly from the shelf when she heard a small tapping on the window beside her. Puzzled, Wendy looked up and she saw their conductor looking down at her with an unreadable expression. It took the young girl  5 seconds to realise that she was a part of the music club and 2 seconds to bolt out of the library and straight to Ms. Kim. 

 

 

'God, Seulgi, it was just that one time and it wasn't my fault that I had to be at her line of sight during the break." Wendy pouted but Seulgi just laughed. "Anyway, Ms. Kim gave me quite an earful which I don't think I'll forget any sooner."

 

 

Wendy finished packing her stuff and got up from her seat, walking out of the classroom with Seulgi following beside her. 

 

 

"Hey, you're going to see Irene sunbae again!"

 

 

Wendy almost choked as soon as she heard Irene's name, her face immediately burning up as she remembered the small note that Irene slipped inside her pocket. She tucked her hands in her pockets and fumbled with the paper, her fingers the material to ensure that it was still there. She can literally feel the words written on the paper and Wendy ducked her head in fear that Seulgi might catch her pinkish cheeks. 

 

 

"Be careful of her, okay? I don't want you getting hurt or anything." Seulgi patted Wendy's head, which was easy because the younger girl was at least half a head shorter than her.

 

 

"I t-told you to stop patting my head!" Wendy inwardly whined and stuttered when she felt Seulgi petting her head even more.

 

 

"Oh come on, you like it. Plus! It makes you feel like a small cute puppy!" Seulgi squealed and Wendy's auburn hair much to Wendy's embarrassment. Wendy just huffed but allowed Seulgi to pet her for 5 more seconds before swatting the taller girl's hands away. "Don't be mad, you're a cute puppy! Hey, can you imitate one right now- mong mong!"

 

 

Seulgi laughed and avoided Wendy's hits as the shorter girl frowned at the affectionate bullying thrown to her.

 

 

"Fine fine, I'm sorry." Seulgi smirked and gave Wendy one last pat on the head. "I'll see you later, okay? I have to be there earlier because Sooyoung is waiting for me. She says she wants me to give her tips on drawing eyes and I couldn't decline. Bye, Wannie!"

 

 

Wendy nodded and waved as she watch Seulgi jog off to the opposite direction. Hmm, Sooyoung? 

 

 

Wendy shook her head and continued walking towards the music room, her footsteps getting heavier as she lugged her backpack across the hallway. Seriously, she'd rather be at home, watching god knows what and eating junk foods. It's such a pain that every student has to take up compulsory curriculums after school. Wendy sighed and was about to turn into a corner when she felt a sharp tug on the strap of her bag.

 

 

WHAT THE HECK. 

 

 

Wendy felt herself falling backwards and she swear that she was going to die right then and there.

 

 

God, I'm sorry for all my misdeeds and sins oh my god please let me have at least 3 more minutes in this world to say goodbye to my family and friends and ask for forgiveness and tell Seulgi that I accidentally used her toothbrush that one time during sleepover oh dear lord im gonna di- 

 

 

Wendy was in the middle of her prayer when a pair of arms locked themselves underneath her and pulled her back to her feet before she even hit the ground. Wendy opened her eyes and saw the reincarnation of God himself. Oh wait no, it's a she. Oh god, it was Irene.

 

 

"S-sunb- unnie!"

 

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't expect your reaction to be that extreme. Did I pull too hard?" Irene's eyes oozed concern and Wendy found herself  flailing at her intense gaze. 

 

 

Wendy shook her head and let out the breath she didn't even realize she was holding until now. "N-no it was just. I was just. I mean y-you were- It's okay, I'm okay no need to worry."

 

 

Wendy wanted to bang her head on the wall right in front of Irene as her mind struggled to find an appropriate sentence to form. She realised she had just made herself look like a fool in front of one of the most popular (infamous?) student in the school and Wendy badly prayed for a concussion to happen so that she won't remember any of this. The younger girl squinted at the wall beside her and calculated how much force was needed before she acquired amnesia, all this while Irene was in front of the shorter girl. Watching in amusement as she counted about 5 different facial expressions flashing through Wendy's face and gave an inward giggle as she saw those animated eyebrows dancing up and down.

 

 

Irene's fingers twitched and she found herself trying to restrain from smoothing out the wrinkles on Wendy's forehead.

 

 

"Wendy?"

 

 

Wendy realised she had been staring at the wall for nearly 26 seconds and her face flared up again, her ears turning red at the tips, a habit she had accumulated whenever she gets extremely embarassed or shy. "I'm sorry! I zoned out again..."

 

 

Wendy thinks she thought that last sentence but it came out as a whisper but loud enough for Irene to hear and she thinks what a cute girl. Irene found herself reaching out to pet Wendy's cheeks, something she usually do to other girls to calm them down. But it just caused the younger girl to become more flustered which makes her wonder if this was what Irene used to attract other girls to her so she pulled away from the touch hastily. Irene was momentarily surprised when Wendy stepped back but smiled and placed her hands back down to smooth down her skirt.

 

 

"I was wondering whether we can go to practice together since you're walking alone?" Irene smoothly asked and gave a gentle smile, her eyes lighting up as she waited for Wendy's answer.

 

 

It was a friendly request, right? No hidden motives. Wendy argued with herself and finally gave up as she nodded meekly at the older girl, Irene giving a wider smile and holding her hand out.

 

 

"W-what-"

 

 

"Sorry," Irene gave a shy smile. "my hands get cold fast and I was wondering whether you'll lend me some warmth."

 

 

There was screaming inside Wendy's head as she looked at Irene's waiting hand then back at her face then back at the hand. She hesitated but slipped her hands inside and holy Irene's hand really were cold. The maternal instict got the better of Wendy and she squeezed Irene's hand lightly.

 

 

Irene laughed and dragged Wendy to the room. "Irene unnie, do you need some gloves or something because your hands really feel like death. I mean- you're not dead your hands are- I MEAN YOU'RE ALIVE, VERY ALIVE. OH MY GO-"

 

 

Irene watched as Wendy struggled to stop herself from talking and embarrassing herself further. Wendy pulled away from Irene's hold and covered her cheeks, much to Irene's disappointment at the lost of warmth. 

 

 

"S-sorry, I better go." Wendy said one last time and rushed off inside the music club room. Irene raised a brow and pushed the door open, right behind Wendy and inspected the room, frowning when she could not find the younger girl anywhere. Wendy on the other hand was ducking behind some taller members, her instrument already secured in her arms when she ran inside the storage room in record speed to retrieve her flute. 

 

 

Wendy gave a small sigh and hugged her flute. Irene freaks her out, Wendy thought.

 

 

✷  .*  ✫ *  ·  ·  ˚ ♡ ˚    ·  ·  * ✫     *.  ✷

 

A/N: ah!! guess who's pumped up for SNSD's comeback [ RAISES MY HANDS AND FEETS ] and omg guys have you seen that cute little snsd x rv photos and moments during music bank i swear i died and brought back to life by that one wenrene photo. Anyway!! Thank you as always for subscribing to this story, and all your comments are very much appreciated!

Why is our little Wendy so scared of Irene ahahah.