Bonus 7 Kray Proposal

How I Met Your Appa

                                                     

 

"Warning": This chapter will be mentioning Yi Fan's and Zitao's law suits and the consequences. If I offend anyone, I'm sorry. This fanfiction is purely for entertainment's sake and completely my own interpretation.


 

Kray Bonus pt. 2

Year 2019

 

Yi Fan took off his coat and cap and mask in the hallway of Sehun's apartment. Yi Fan couldn't hear any noise from where he stood, and he hoped so desperately that it was just because Sehun's apartment didn't reflect sound good. Yixing smiled at him reassuringly and grabbed his hand, as they followed Sehun into the living room where Zitao and Jongin were sitting; without talking. Jongin sent them both big smiles and stood to welcome them both with a hug, but Zitao just sat on the chair and avoided looking at Yi Fan. He only stood to hug Yixing with a smile when Yixing himself went over to greet him.

They all sat down again and Sehun asked them if they wanted anything drinkable, like water or soda, and they happily accepted a glass of water.

While Sehun was in the kitchen getting the new guests their requested drinks, Yixing broke the silence.

"How are you doing?" he asked and looked interested from Zitao to Jongin.

"Good; I haven't been doing much, though, but I still dance," Jongin replied and then Sehun came in with two classes in his hands.

"What about you, guys? Are you doing good?" Yixing asked Sehun and Zitao. Sehun looked at Zitao before looking back at Yixing, as he sat down.

"We've been fine. It's a bit difficult to hide our relationship still, I think, especially when we travel to China and back. But Zitao's been doing great; his movie just had premiere," Sehun told on behalf of Zitao.

"Really? Congratulations!" Yixing said and Zitao gave a small smile.

"Yeah, me and Taemin doesn't have that problem; he's still really busy with SHINee, so..." Jongin said and sounded a bit sad that he didn't get to spent as much time with his boyfriend as he wanted to.

There was a bit of an awkward silence with Yixing taking a sip of the water and no one spoke for a while.

"How are you, hyung?" Sehun asked Yixing, desperate to break the silence again.

"Um, we're good, Sehun. Actually there was a reason we wanted to visit you guys," Yixing began, deciding that this was the time to spill the beans. He looked at Yi Fan. "Yi Fan and I are engaged."

"That's awesome, hyung! Congratulations!" Jongin exclaimed with a grin. He smiled at both Yixing and Yi Fan.

"Yes, congratulations!" Sehun agreed happily. "Have you set a date yet?"

Yixing shook his head. "No, we haven't really planned anything yet."

"And what then?" Zitao spoke for the first time since their arrival. He was looking at Yi Fan. "You're coming here to invite us to the wedding? Is that it? You think that because you're getting married, we can suddenly become friends again? And everything can be good?"

Nobody replied and nobody dared looking at Zitao, except for Yi Fan. Yi Fan looked him straight in the eyes, but didn't say anything. He didn't know how to reply.

"Baby," Sehun mumbled and looked at Zitao, but Zitao didn't respond and didn't turn his gaze away from Yi Fan.

"We did come to invite you to the wedding, but we don't know when it'll be," Yixing said, trying to make it better. It didn't work.

"Do you really think this family will be yours again?" Zitao said and stood from his chair. He looked at Yixing with more kindness. "Congratulations, Yixing ge. I hope you can be happy." Then he left and they all heard him close the door to the bedroom.

They didn't speak again for an awkward short moment. Then Sehun apologized and asked them to leave; he didn't think it was appropriate for them to stay there. But he wished them both congratulations again and promised that they'd see each other at the wedding.

 

Before they had knocked on Joonmyun and Taeyeon's door, Yixing had assured Yi Fan that it wouldn't turn out as it had with Zitao. Yi Fan wasn't so sure, but Yixing guaranteed that he would stay by his side and it would be fine.

So now they were sitting across the table from Joonmyun and Taeyeon, silently eating the food that Taeyeon had put on the table.

Both Joonmyun and Taeyeon were busy people, since they were working hard for SM Entertainment. Therefore they had invited Yixing and Yi Fan to dinner, because they couldn't meet earlier, and Yixing and Yi Fan had happily accepted - Yi Fan had been relieved even, since he thought there wouldn't be any awkward silence then.

He was wrong.

"It's so nice to have you here," Joonmyun said to start a conversation. Taeyeon nodded.

"How long are you staying in Korea for?" she asked them with friendly curiosity.

"A week. We're flying home on Saturday," Yixing answered. Yi Fan was just silently eating his food, too scared to make eye contact with Joonmyun.

"Did you visit the guys yet?" Joonmyun asked then.

Yixing eyed Yi Fan, checking if he wanted to answer, but then smiled at Joonmyun when Yi Fan made no such indication. "Yes, we've visited everybody."

"Saving the best for last, huh?" Joonmyun winked, showing his everlasting humor, Yi Fan thought. Yixing laughed and just said, "Yes."

"How's your job, Yixing?" Taeyeon asked.

"It's been fine; that why we decided to go on a short vacation, Yi Fan and I," Yixing replied, and Yi Fan was happy that he tried to include him in the conversation. "How about yours?" Yixing asked and looked from Taeyeon to Joonmyun.

"It's good," Joonmyun nodded. "A bit tough, though; we rarely have energy for each other outside of work." He smiled sadly at his wife and she patted his hand with the same expression. "But at least we work together."

"Yes, although we don't work side by side," Taeyeon corrected him. Joonmyun hummed agreeing, and turned to his food after asking Yixing (and Yi Fan), "So why did you choose Korea to go to?"

Yixing shortly looked at Yi Fan again before answering, but when Yi Fan showed no reaction, he chose to just tell them. "Actually, we..." But Yi Fan decided to interrupt just at that moment before he got to continue.

"Wait," he said. He hadn't said anything after greeting Joonmyun and Taeyeon before they sat by the dining table, and Joonmyun and Taeyeon - and Yixing - looked at him surprised. Yi Fan looked up. "Before you tell them, I have to say this," he mumbled to Yixing and Yixing hesitated - a bit uncertain of what he'd say - but then nodded supportively. Yi Fan looked at Joonmyun. "Yixing and I flew to Korea to tell you all some big news. But before telling, I have to say something to you, that I haven't properly told you before. And I regret that."

Joonmyun looked hesitant from Yi Fan to Taeyeon to Yixing who shrugged, and finally back to Yi Fan with raised eyebrows.

"I know you're mad at me. I shouldn't have left the way I did back then and I'm sorry for leaving you with all the responsibilities for the kids, so abruptly. I..." Joonmyun put a hand in the air to pause Yi Fan's speech. He shook his head.

"Yixing took over; he was a great leader. And I got a lot of help with the kids - they weren't always a problem - I got help from both Minseok hyung and Jongdae, and even Baekhyun," he said.

"I should have left on a better note."

"I don't think that would have been possible."

Yi Fan sighed. "I just want you to know that you still mean a lot to me, and I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for you. I hope that we'll be close once again one day." Yi Fan was satisfied with himself that he'd said all he wanted to, and Joonmyun could take it or leave it. Yixing gave him that sweet proud look and grabbed his hand under the table.

Joonmyun sighed. "I forgave you a long time ago," he said, much to both Yi Fan's and Yixing's surprise. "I'm not mad at you anymore. I was angry back then and blamed you for a lot of things, but stuff like that happen and I think we all matured with it. I'm not mad," he emphasized as Yi Fan still looked at him with shock. Joonmyun grinned. "And I want to be a family with you again, too - I also still care about you, hyung."

Yi Fan was surprised by Joonmyun's words, but also so relieved and happy. He stood up with Joonmyun and they hugged, and all the negative imaginations Yi Fan had been afraid of went away. He smiled at Joonmyun when they sat back down and thought to himself that Joonmyun was truly a bigger man.

"I'm really happy to hear you say that, Joonmyun," Yi Fan said and looked at Yixing with a smile. "Because we have great news." He took Yixing's hand again when he smiled back at him. "I proposed to Yixing and we're getting married!"

"That's great! Congratulations! I'm happy for you," Joonmyun said with a genuine smile on his face.

"That's fantastic, congratulations, you two!" Taeyeon congratulated them too.

"Thank you. And we'd love for the both of you to come to the wedding."

"Now let's continue this dinner before it gets any colder," Joonmyun laughed after Yixing and Yi Fan had thanked them and told that they hadn't planned much yet. They agreed with Joonmyun's request and ate accompanied with casual conversation.

 

Yi Fan was pacing back and forth in the living room, sighing and thinking.

"What?" Yixing asked when he came in and saw his fiancé's restlessness. It was three days before the wedding and it was understandable for Yi Fan to be nervous, but this had taken place for a while now. Yixing had felt his mind on constant work the last months.

"I have to work it out with him, Yixing," Yi Fan told him with a sadness and an earnest in his eyes. Yixing sighed and nodded, because he knew exactly whom his boyfriend was talking about and he understood that Yi Fan wouldn't be calm, before he had done so. He understood.

Yi Fan nodded and took a deep breath before kissing Yixing on the cheek and going towards the door.

"Wait, right now?" Yixing called after him.

"Yes! I'm sorry, but I have to," Yi Fan called back and closed the door behind him.

 

Sehun opened the door and looked confused at Yi Fan who was standing outside.

"Hyung? What are you doing here?" Sehun asked him.

"I need to talk to Zitao, please," Yi Fan told him pleadingly. Since Zitao had a house in China, he and Sehun had traveled to China much before anyone else because of the wedding.

Sehun looked a bit hesitant and unsure, but then stepped aside and let Yi Fan in. Yi Fan took off his outerwear and Sehun showed him inside.

Zitao was sitting in the couch with a bowl of popcorn and Yi Fan had obviously interrupted a movie date night. He looked apologetically at Sehun; Sehun just returned the look with a small smile.

"Thank you," he told Sehun and Sehun gave him a nod.

"What is he doing here?" Zitao was immediately offensive while he gave Yi Fan a sickening glance.

"He wants to talk," Sehun answered him gently. Zitao stood from the couch.

"Why?"

"Zitao, there's some things I need to say to you," Yi Fan said.

"What if I don't want to talk?"

"That's fine; all you have to do is listen."

"And if I don't want that either?" Zitao crossed his arms across his chest.

"Sweetie," Sehun mumbled when he stepped closer to Zitao. He his hands up and down Zitao's arms and looked him in the eye. Then he said very quietly to Zitao only, "Just listen to him, please? He's marrying Yixing hyung in a couple of days and we're attending. I don't want to be part of the couple who's ruining their day. Just do it for me, okay?"

He could see Zitao hesitating, but then he nodded and smiled at Sehun who pecked his lips.

"Thank you," Sehun whispered.

"For you," Zitao whispered back.

Sehun turned around to look at Yi Fan, and then he grabbed Zitao's hand and motioned to the dining table. "Come on, let's talk here," he said and the three of them sat down; Zitao and Sehun on one side, Sehun's hand holding onto Zitao's and keeping him calm; and Yi Fan across from them on the other side of the table.

Yi Fan cleared his throat. "First I would just like to say that I'm happy you're both going to attend our wedding."

"It's for Yixing ge," Zitao mumbled hostile.

Yi Fan pretended not to hear that. "Zitao, I know that you're mad at me. And I just want you to know how sorry I am - about everything! The way I left things... that wasn't cool of me and you deserved more," he said, but Zitao didn't spare him a glance. "When you left EXO yourself..." Zitao sent him a warning look, "you said that you understood why I left and you forgave my actions, and I should have returned that."

Zitao rolled his eyes, looking as if what Yi Fan told him meant nothing to him. Yi Fan looked at Sehun and then back at Zitao.

"Zitao..." Yi Fan began again. "I was immature back then, but I want you to know that I forgave you. And I..."

"Oh so you forgave me? And that's going to make everything better?" Zitao interrupted him and looked him straight in the eyes, so Yi Fan could tell how angry he was. "Am I just going to forgive you then? Or how does this work?"

"No," Yi Fan said, a bit taken aback. "No, I'm not saying this and then expecting us to immediately become friends again. But Zitao, you said you understood and now I'm just asking you to understand again."

"So you're blaming me now?" Zitao spoke Chinese now. He did that when he didn't have the right mind to find the correct Korean words. Or just when he didn't want his boyfriend to understand what he was saying. Zitao and Yi Fan had spoken Korean for the sake of Sehun's presence, but Sehun understood nearly everything when they started speaking Chinese - it had it perks of dating a foreigner.

"No, I'm not blaming you anything!" Yi Fan switched to Chinese too.

Zitao took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a second. Sehun gently squeezed his hand and Zitao opened his eyes to look at him. "Sehun, can you leave us? I think I need to speak to him under four eyes," he mumbled (in Korean) and Sehun understood and stood. He was about to leave when he stopped by Yi Fan.

"Yi Fan hyung," he said and Yi Fan looked up at him to see Sehun stare back with a serious and honest expression; an expression that showed so many feelings and so much regret. Sehun poured every feeling into those few sentences he would say to Yi Fan. "I was next to Zitao the day you left. I saw him hurt. I was with him. I was with him that day and the next day and the couple of months after that, too. You hurt me by hurting him and I won't ever see him in that pain again."

Yi Fan nodded. He understood Sehun's heart and where he was coming from; he would never hurt anyone like that ever again. "I understand." Sehun nodded, looked at Zitao one last time, before he left to another room in the house.

Yi Fan and Zitao stayed back, a silence filling the room for a couple of minutes.

"I won't hurt you again," Yi Fan said. Zitao just looked at him. "I'm sorry for leaving the way I did. I really am."

"Yeah, I bet you are! If you really were, you wouldn't have," Zitao spat. They were speaking in Chinese again.

"Zitao, I had no other choice," Yi Fan said earnestly and leaned forward in the chair. "In a perfect world I would have told you before, but I couldn't. And you know that."

Zitao didn't answer.

"Zitao, you know that I couldn't tell anyone..."

"You could have told us! You could have told us about the law suit! Instead we found out in the television!"

Yi Fan bit his lip. "If I had done that, I wouldn't have left, and it wouldn't be fair for neither me or you guys." Yi Fan looked at Zitao's face for an understanding or empathetic feeling. "You told in an interview that you understood why I did as I did and that you forgave me?"

Zitao was silent for a while, but then said, "When I left, I saw the world with different eyes and I felt what it would feel like to be on my own. And I couldn't say no. I had never had that responsibility and freedom before. When I was in EXO I didn't realize it, before I lost you... It was like a new world after you left. I changed. And when I was in America I thought back on my time in EXO and realized that I wanted change, because I felt mistreated. Yes, I understood you and I apologized for my immature behavior with the message." He looked Yi Fan straight in the eye. "But I didn't understand why you left so abruptly and I didn't forgive you for that. No matter what the public believes or not; they didn't know everything."

Yi Fan sighed. "And I didn't forgive you for the message immediately... But I am still sorry for leaving the way I did."

"Yi Fan, you broke up with me in a note!"

Yi Fan didn't respond instantly. He hesitated. "Yes. I can't take that back. I didn't feel like there was any other way."

"You didn't even pick up any of my calls!" Zitao yelled. He was still upset with that and Yi Fan couldn't blame him.

"I thought that it was for the best."

"It was as if when you left, you just left everything behind you and didn't look back! Like we were so easy to leave behind and to forget! Like we meant nothing to you!" Zitao regretfully felt tears in his eyes.

"You all meant so much to me, Zitao, especially you!" Yi Fan tried to control his voice. "That's why it was so damn hard for me to do what I did. But I thought that if I didn't pick up any of your calls or even call you or Joonmyun or Chanyeol or Sehun up myself, it would make it easier! I knew that I had hurt you without wanting to, that's why I wanted to make it as easy for you as I could at that point. And I thought that if I just disappeared, that would be for the best. I did it for you."

Zitao shook his head in frustration and his tears started to fall from his eyes.

"I was so in love with you, Zitao, and it broke my heart that I knew I had hurt you. Your message on Instagram hurt me even more, because all I wanted was to turn around and see you again. And you have no idea how much I wanted to answer your calls and all of your messages. I just couldn't. I couldn't respect myself if I did, because that would mean that I couldn't chase after my dream. And I had to. Or else I would be living a lie, and I didn't want that on my conscious for the sake of my own and the group. Because you did mean something to me, Zitao, everyone did."

Zitao didn't know how to respond to that and just cried in silence. He couldn't look Yi Fan in the eye anymore and turned away to let his tears fall.

Yi Fan leaned across the table and put his hand on Zitao's, and Zitao didn't push him away; he just lightly flinched and turned his face again to look at him. They sat a while in silence and let the feelings sink in.

"I forgave you for the message a long time ago, Zitao, because there was nothing to forgive. I didn't forgive myself for leaving the way I did, because I couldn't stand the way I had hurt everyone. But I always wanted to comfort you. I'm sorry, Zitao."

"There was probably no better way for you to leave, ge. We would have hurt no matter what," Zitao sniffed. "Because it was you. It took a long time for me to forgive you for that - for leaving - but I did. The only thing I didn't forgive you for, was the way you had to leave and then for not forgiving me later on." Zitao looked at Yi Fan.

"I have regretted that for so long, Zitao, you have to know that."

Zitao nodded. "I know."

"Zitao, you mean so much to me. You always have and you always will - no matter whether you forgive me or not."

Zitao turned his hand on the table so he could hold Yi Fan's. "A part of me forgave you the moment you told me you were marrying Yixing ge; I figured, if you were good enough for him, you couldn't be so bad after all." Zitao tried with a small smirk and Yi Fan took that as a good sign and smiled back at him.

"So you forgive me, Panda?" Yi Fan teased a bit.

"Yes, I forgive you, ." Zitao slapped his hand at the nickname. They sat for a bit, looking at each other without saying anything. Zitao had leaned back in his chair. "So Yixing ge visited you in China, huh? And he forgave you, just like that?"

Yi Fan grinned. "Well, not just like that. But yes, he visited me and we talked, and I am so glad that he did, because if not, I probably wasn't going to marry him this Saturday."

Zitao grinned. "I'm happy for you, ge. Both of you!"

"Thank you."

"Maybe I should go get Sehun," Zitao stated and went to the room Sehun had left into a while before. They came back hand in hand and sat down next to each other across from Yi Fan.

"So you made up?" Sehun asked, looking from Zitao to Yi Fan. They nodded. "Good! Because if he hadn't forgiven you, you know that I couldn't be friends with you either, right? And I would have forbidden you to come near us," Sehun told Yi Fan and they all laughed.

 


 

A/N: Sooo.. what do you think? Did you like this Kray bonus??

Yes, there was a hint of TaoRis, but I won't say anything else...!! :P

Also, did you hear about the settlement between SMent and Lu Han and Wu Yi Fan??! I am so happy they are finally done with that... although not really... :/ But I choose to believe that they were the bigger men and just wanted to end that stupid lawsuit already!

Thank you SO much for reading and subscribing and please leave a comment to let me know what you think! :3

Have a nice week!