Chapter 26

How I Met Your Appa

Giant baby Junhong <3

 


 

Chapter 26

"Can we fly the airplanes?" Jonghyun asked and pulled at Kyungsoo's sleeve. His papa looked down at him with furrowed eyebrows, trying to figure out what the little boy was asking him. As he couldn't quite figure out what it was that Jonghyun meant, he decided he'd better ask.

"What do you want to try, Jonghyun?"

Jonghyun pointed with a finger and Kyungsoo lifted his head: in front of them some small airplanes attached to metal constructions were 'flying' slightly above the ground and round in a circle.

"Oh." Kyungsoo finally understood. "Sure, you can try that." Jonghyun cheered and ran towards it. The other children his age and younger got in the line too, and soon the adults reached the excited kids getting set by the cheering line.

"Can I try it with Jonghyunnie?" Minki asked.

Joonmyun smiled. "I don't see why not, unless Jonghyun doesn't want to; there's two seats."

Minki looked at Jonghyun with a serious face. "Jonghyun?"

"Of course I want to sit with you!" Jonghyun said and Minki smiled, locking their arms together.

"But I'll steer!" Minki announced, and Jonghyun couldn't really argue with the boy. Not that it mattered.

"Who can I sit with?" Junhong asked, standing in line with Sehun next to him, his appa making sure that he'd get in.

"Who do you want to sit with?" Sehun asked him.

"Can I sit with you, appa?" Junhong stared up at Sehun with innocent eyes.

"Sorry, Junhonggie, but I don't think I can fit in there," Sehun stated. He actually didn't know whether he could fit or not, but he wasn't really up for finding out. "What about you sit with Changjo?"

Junhong looked down in sadness and disappointment. "But he sits with Taehyung hyung."

Sehun thought. "What about the girls?"

"They sit together..."

"What about your older cousins? I bet you someone would be glad to sit beside you."

Junhong looked up at his appa with a hopeful look and smiled.

"Hey, Aron!" Sehun called for the boy who was playing some sort of game with the others his age. But when Sehun called for him, he looked up and hurried over.

"What is it, uncle Sehun?" he asked with a smile.

"Don't you want to try this ride?" Sehun asked him.

Aron scrunched his nose as he considered it. "Not really..."

All hope disappeared from Junhong's face, as it turned sad again.

"What about the others?" Sehun motioned to the rest of the little group consisting of his seven to nine years old nieces and nephews.

"I don't think so; it's a kiddy's ride, uncle Sehun," Aron's answer sounded, as he ran back to his friends.

Sehun sighed, looking at the sad boy standing by his feet.

"Sweetie, I'll be right back; I'm just going over to speak to your cousins, alright?" Sehun kissed Junhong's head and the kid nodded, before Sehun walked over to where Aron had left to.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Sandara kneeled down next to the little boy, as she noticed him looking quite blue.

"None of the others want to sit with me..." Junhong mumbled, looking at the ground. "I have no one to sit with..."

"Nah, that can't be true!" Sandara argued gently and confidently. "It can't be that nobody wants to sit with you. It's just that there aren't enough kiddies, and somebody has to be the lucky one."

Junhong looked up at her at 'the lucky one' with big curious eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you don't want to sit with those, do you?" She motioned towards Junhong's little cousins, standing in front of him and he turned to look. When he looked back at her, she continued, "They're all going to argue about who's going to steer and all. It's not going to be fun for them." She smirked, when she noticed the smile on Junhong's face, as he'd figured something out - all by himself.

"Do you want to sit with me, noona?" he asked her.

"Of course!" she beamed. "It would be an honor. Besides I love these rides!"

"But can I steer?" he asked sneakily. She put her face into folders pretending to think about it thoroughly, before answering.

"Okay, then." She said and couldn't help but grin when the boy smiled satisfyingly at her answer.

"What's going on?" Sehun came over to them.

"I'm going with Sandara noona!" Junhong cheered. "And I'm going to steer."

Up in the air all the small airplanes were 'flying' up and down by the constructions, each one of them when the kids pulled the levers, while the ride was taking them round in circles - as if the children were steering it all by themselves. When they came down to earth again, they were all grinning from ear to ear; even Sandara as she lifted Junhong out of the wagon.

After they'd all tried some more rides, the parents decided that it was dinnertime. The clock turned half past six when they finished a water slide, and their clothes were slightly wet. Luckily it quickly dried in the hot summer's sun. They looked around for some good looking restaurants - appropriate for both adults and kids - and landed on a nice looking pizzeria.

About two hours later they thanked the waiters, paid and left the restaurant. The sky wasn't dark yet, though it was evening, and the children didn't seem as tired as they might have been if it was all black and cold. The parents felt like they should be heading home, as it was late for the small kids, but they'd agreed on one final ride: the Ferris wheel.

"I'm just going to stay down here," Lu Han stated, as they were standing by the ride. Minseok nodded understandingly with a small smile and kissed his cheek, before standing in the line with his kids. They had agreed that this last ride was going to be divided into families, as a nice way to end the day.

"But, appa, I don't want to go up there." Changjo said as he stood in line, holding Taemin's hand.

"Are you sure, Changjo? It's a really nice view from up there," Taemin said, looking from his son to the wheel towering above the other rides. Changjo nodded.

"He's not very fond of high places," Jongin mouthed and Taemin nodded understandingly. Then Jongin knelt down next to Changjo so he could take a good look at the boy's face. "Is it okay if we still go up there, then?" His son nodded.

"You can stay here with uncle Lu Han?" Taemin asked to make sure. Changjo just nodded again.

"Okay," Jongin said and patted the kid's head. "Lu Han hyung?" He straightened back up and got eye contact with Lu Han. "Is it okay if Changjo stays here with you?"

"Of course!" Lu Han said. He went over to the middle of the line and knelt down to Changjo's eye level. "Not very fond of heights?" he asked with a gentle smile. Changjo shook his head. "Me neither," he whispered and Changjo looked at him and smiled. Lu Han took him up and carried him out of the line so the two of them could stand together, waiting for the others to come back down while looking up at them going round.

"Are we going to hear stories tonight?" Aron asked, as he and his parents sat in a wagon together on the way up. Sandara had joined them, too, and were sitting next to Aron on one side of the carriage.

"No, I think it's too late for tonight, Aron," Yixing answered apologetically.

"Remember that some of your cousins are younger than you. And it's even late for your bedtime," Yi Fan added. Aron nodded and looked at the view.

"It's really awesome up here," he stated and the other three nodded, looking around as well. "You can see everything up here!"

In another wagon Minseok sat with his three children. They were also enjoying the view surrounding them, as they were almost at the top.

"Why didn't baba come up here, too?" Sohee asked. "Was it because there weren't enough seats?"

"No, baba is afraid of heights, Sohee, you know that," Minseok answered.

"He's down there waving at us," Chanhee said, looking over the edge of the wagon. "Hi, baba!" he yelled and waved down at the ground.

"Careful, Chanhee!" Minseok warned, but looked down as well. He waved slightly, noticing his husband and nephew at the ground looking up at them.

"So have you enjoyed the day here at the amusement park?" Jongdae asked his kids with a smile.

"Yes!" they both grinned.

"It's been really fun," Jonghyun then said to further explain.

"Especially when me and uncle Lu Han bumped into Aron oppa and Byunghun oppa in the bumper cars!" Namjoo laughed. "They got so surprised. You should have seen their faces!"

"I bumped into you, too!" Jonghyun exclaimed. "With appa."

"Yeah, but you didn't steer! Appa steered for you." She stuck out her tongue at her brother. "I steered all by myself; uncle Lu Han didn't even help!"

"Oh yeah?" Jonghyun shot back. "I bet you had to sit on a child's seat to look over the front of the car!"

"No, I...!" Namjoo got cut off by Kyungsoo.

"Don't argue up here!" he said. Then he pointed around them. "Look at all this. Isn't it beautiful?" At this the kids got quiet, pouting and shooting each other death glares and sticking their tongues out at each other whenever their parents weren't looking, but looking at the view as well.

In the wagon below them Taemin, Jongin and Byunghun were sitting. Taemin was leaning his head on Jongin's shoulder, while they were holding hands, and none of the three were saying anything, just enjoying the silence and pretty view surrounding them. Even though the sky wasn't very dark yet, it was still amazing to see the world from a higher perspective.

In the wagon with Joonmyun, Taeyeon, Amber and Minki there wasn't as much silence as the mentioned wagon above. They were talking about their latest ride before dinner: the water slide.

"It was so awesome! Can we try it again after this one?" Amber asked excitedly.

"No, after this one we're heading home," Joonmyun replied and Amber made a sad face.

"Our clothes got so wet!" Taeyeon said with a slight grin. "I didn't even know our clothes would get so wet."

"Luckily it dried before we entered the restaurant," Joonmyun said and laughed. Taeyeon laughed, too.

"It wasn't that wet," Amber argued. "It wasn't that we got soaked or anything. Right, Minki?"

Minki nodded. "It was funny." He thought for a moment. "I think uncle Sehun got the most wet," he stated, remembering how soaked his uncle's clothes had been after going on the ride.

"No, Luna did! She was really wet, and she got so sad because she'd worn her new dress!" Amber laughed.

"It was sad we didn't think of bringing extra clothes for ourselves," Taeyeon said, looking at Joonmyun. "We only thought about bringing extras for the kids."

"Well, we didn't know we would get wet! We didn't know we would be trying a water slide," Joonmyun said and grinned.

After a while Minki had been thinking and he said, "Appa and eomma, are you mad at me for going in the haunted house?"

Joonmyun and Taeyeon looked at each other, and then at their son.

"No, of course not," Taeyeon said gently, and placed her hand on the kid's knee.

"We just got worried, that's all, Minki," Joonmyun said. "We understand why you would be curious."

"You can always try it another time with me," Amber said, but Minki shook his head.

"No, I'm never entering one again!" At this the three laughed heartily at the youngest.

Taehyung leaned his head slightly out of his family's wagon, looking at the ground far below them with curiosity in his eyes.

"Taehyung, sit still and don't lean out of the wagon," Chanyeol warned, pulling the little boy sitting next to him back by his shirt. Taehyung didn't let himself be bothered, and just looked around at the rooftops they were now higher than, instead, being very happy and excited.

Baekhyun sighed. "Don't even try, Chanyeol, he's not going to listen to us anyways." Taehyung didn't seem to listen, as predicted; he didn't even notice they were talking about him, being distracted by their surroundings.

"Like that's my fault..." Chanyeol mumbled, but unfortunately not quiet enough, as Baekhyun glared at him.

"What?!" he growled.

"Please don't fight up here, uncle and auntie!" Luna begged.

Baekhyun scowled at Chanyeol, but mumbled, "Fine," to Luna. Then he put his arm around his niece, pulling her closer; all while he was still scowling at Chanyeol, who just pulled Taehyung closer and glared back at Baekhyun. Luna narrowed her eyes at the two, while she struggled to get air down her lungs from Baekhyun's tight grip.

In the wagon containing Zitao, Sehun and their kids, the two four year olds were in the middle of their so-called interrogation.

"If you tied a rope to this wagon, would it then be possible to climb down to the ground?" Hayoung asked, and Zitao and Sehun looked at each other nervously.

"Do you want to get down, Hayoung?" Sehun asked the girl sitting next to him.

"No." She shook her head innocently, and then waited for them to answer her question.

"Um, that would take a lot of arm strength," Zitao finally answered. "Besides, it would be really dangerous."

"What if it was tied around my waist?" Hayoung asked, sounding completely serious and in deep thought.

"It would still be really dangerous," Sehun said.

"Would we be able to fly?" Junhong asked interested and dreamingly, and his sister nodded enthusiastically, curious about the answer as well.

"Maybe..." Zitao hesitated, as the two parents furrowed their eyebrows at the sudden weird questions and feared the thoughts behind. The two kids used to ask weird questions like that, being all curious about everything, teaming up on the adults, but it still frightened their appa and baba as they didn't know where it all came from.

The kids seemed to be in deep thoughts, right until they were back down on the ground again.

They all went to the parking lot, ready to drive home. They arrived half an hour later at the house, and on the ride home the kids began to get tired. By the time they reached the house, Hayoung, Taehyung and Chanhee were softly asleep. Lu Han looked lovingly down at his seven-year-old son, before gently shaking his shoulder. Chanhee opened his eyes slowly and confused, and Lu Han told him that they were home and he needed to brush his teeth before going to bed.

Baekhyun carried his son out of the car before Chanyeol had any say in it. And Zitao just asked Sehun to carry Hayoung inside, because he was pretty tired due to the long day himself, and walked inside the house adjusting on the bed without helping.

Everyone went straight to bed as they all - both children and adults - were worn out from all the rides and the long day. The sun was on its way down, getting ready for the moon to appear. When everyone was fast asleep, it was highly set on the sky.

 


 

A/N: Hey, guys! So what did you think about this chapter? Was it okay? It was the last in the amusement park and BaekYeol is mad at each other... Also, I felt like Junhong had been slightly forgotten, so in this chapter there was more focus on him ^_^ There were also a scene with both of the 'twins' couples in action, keke! They're cute, right?~

Please comment your thoughts and subscribe if you like my story so far ^_^

And thank you so so much for all of my subscribers and readers and commenters! *hugs*

<3