Chapter 23

How I Met Your Appa

A very happy Luna for you guys!

 


 

Chapter 23

"Where's Taehyung?" Baekhyun suddenly exclaimed, looking around for the boy. The others looked around as well, but there was no sign of him anywhere around them. Chanyeol covered his face in his palms.

"That boy..." he mumbled. "He really worries me at times."

"We'll find him, don't worry," Lu Han said, patting Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Let's walk in groups," Joonmyun said. "Then we'll find him faster."

"Sure," Baekhyun said. "I'll go this way." He pointed at the way they'd come from.

"I'll go with you," Jongdae said, earning an appreciating nod from Baekhyun.

"I'll go the other way; maybe he's run ahead," Chanyeol said. Baekhyun nodded.

"Me too," Kyungsoo said to Chanyeol. "Joonmyun hyung and Taeyeon noona can go with us." The two nodded acceptingly.

"Amber and Minki, you'll come with us too," Taeyeon said to her kids, not wanting them to get lost.

"Maybe he went down a road different from us, seeing something the way we came from," Minseok said.

"That's right, hyung, you can go that way," Chanyeol said and Minseok nodded. "Thank you."

"Kids, you're coming with us," Lu Han said, implying he went with his husband. He wanted to keep his family together and safe.

"We'll go with Baekhyun hyung," Zitao said.

"Actually, Sehun, if you would go with me?" Chanyeol hesitated.

"Oh sure, hyung," Sehun said. He and Chanyeol were very good friends, and he could hear on Chanyeol's voice that he needed his comfort.

"Okay, kids, you walk closely with either me or your appa," Zitao told Hayoung and Junhong.

"But, baba!" Junhong whined. "I'm tired of walking..."

"Already?" Sehun asked him. He nodded. "I guess I can carry you then," he said.

"Or maybe someone should stay here in case Taehyung walks past. Say this could be our meeting spot, next to the bumper cars," Jongin said, motioning to the place they were standing by.

"Um, I can stay here," Sandara suggested. "The younger can stay here, too; I'll look out for them."

"Are you sure?" Kyungsoo asked her, and she just nodded with a smile.

"Okay fine. Junhong, Hayoung, you two stay here with Sandara," Zitao said, kissing his kids on their heads. Then he looked at Sandara. "And you take care of them. If anything happens to either one of them..."

"Okay, Tao!" Yi Fan interrupted him. "She'll take care of them. No need to get in revenge mode already."

"Can we please just split up now?" Baekhyun asked pleadingly, fidgeting impatiently on his feet to go out and find his son, and stretching his neck in search of the little boy.

"Is it okay if I stay with unnie?" Luna asked her uncle. "In case he comes past here..."

Chanyeol nodded. "You do that."

"Okay, let's go!" Baekhyun said, walking back the way they came from in a haste, making Jongdae - who was carrying Jonghyun - Zitao, Yi Fan, Yixing and Aron almost having to run to come up by his side.

Chanyeol, Sehun, Kyungsoo, and the Kim family went in the opposite direction. And Minseok, his family, Jongin, Taemin and Changjo went a little behind Baekhyun's team, looking for a path the young boy could have been mislead by.

Back by the bumper cars, Sandara, Luna, Byunghun, Hayoung, Junhong and Namjoo stayed.

"When are they coming back?" Junhong asked Byunghun who sat next to him on a bench.

"When they find Taehyung," Byunghun answered.

"Don't worry, it won't take long," Luna said, as she'd heard the four years old's question.

"You don't know that, maybe he died," Byunghun said with his serious tone, though his intention was to be funny and lighten up the mood. Instead the small kids widened up their eyes and looked at him in fear.

"He's not dead!" Luna exclaimed, slapping Byunghun's shoulder. "Don't tell them that! He's my brother!"

"No he's not," Byunghun simply said, probably not thinking about it, and Luna put her hand over as she realized what she'd said.

"I... I meant cousin. He's my cousin," she corrected herself. "But none of us are really siblings, Byunghun." She looked at him. "Changjo's not your brother. Hayoung and Junhong are not siblings. You know that. We're not even real cousins, the two of us."

Byunghun looked at the ground and nodded. He knew that.

"Junhong's my brother..." Hayoung said. Luna and Byunghun looked at her, and noticed that the three younger kids were looking up at them in wonder. They turned to each other, wondering if they'd just revealed something they weren't aware of.

"My papa says that me and Jonghyun are not blood related. He and appa got us from our mothers," Namjoo said.

Luna and Byunghun sighed in relief. They knew - not in detail, though, but they weren't going to get involved in that.

"But me and Hayoung are siblings, right?" Junhong asked Byunghun.

"Of course you are!" Sandara said before anyone else managed to answer. The kids looked at her. "Even though you may not be blood related - any of you - you've known each other your whole life. If you feel like a family, you are a family. You have brothers, sisters, cousins, parents, uncles, aunts... and a whole bunch of them! They all love you and think of you as family - though not many of you are of their blood. Biology is not definition of family."

Namjoo smiled. "Exactly," she said, as though that was exactly what she'd told them.

Luna and Byunghun giggled at her, but agreed with Sandara.

"But where do we come from then?" Hayoung asked innocently. Luna and Byunghun stared at each other with wide eyes, not knowing what to answer. Suddenly Sandara's phone rang and she picked it up, relieved that she got out of the question.

"Uncle Kyungsoo?" she said into the phone.

"Sandara. You're all right?" her uncle's voice asked.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be? Though the kids are asking where babies come from..." she said, hearing Luna and Byunghun telling the younger to ask their parents.

"Oh... Well, we haven't found Taehyung yet, I just wanted to check up on you."

"Okay, thank you, but we're fine, uncle." Sandara smiled. "I'll make sure that nothing happens to the kids."

"Thank you, Sandara. Wait, Chanyeol's waving at me. What?" Sandara could faintly hear her uncle Chanyeol's voice in the background, before Kyungsoo spoke to her again. "Minseok has found him! So we'll come back now. Stay where you are."

Sandara smiled. "That's good. I'll tell the others. Bye!" She hung up the phone, turning to the others again. "The adults have found him. They'll be back soon," she said.

"Yaaay!" Namjoo and Hayoung cheered, and Luna looked relieved.

Ten minutes later Minseok and the others that had went with him came walking towards them, Minseok with a tight grip on Taehyung's hand.

"Taehyung!" Hayoung exclaimed and waved at him. Taehyung grinned.

"Don't run away like that again!" Luna mumbled, hugging the little frame firmly.

Only five minutes past, then both Baekhyun's team and Chanyeol's team could be seen in each their direction. Both parents ran to their little kid, hugging him tightly, before telling him to never do that again - even though they'd experienced the little boy's disappearance more than once before.

"Can we try the bumper cars now?" Taehyung asked grinning, as he noticed the ride they were standing by. Baekhyun and Chanyeol both sighed heavily, but nodded.

They all tried the cars, bumping into each other, laughing and forgetting about the worries from before.

"I'm hungry," Jonghyun stated as he walked besides Minki, following the older kids in front of them; they were looking for the next great ride to try.

"Me too," Minki said and turned to Joonmyun who walked behind them. "Me and Jonghyun are hungry. When do we eat?" Joonmyun looked at his watch. Nearly twelve.

"How about now?" he suggested. "If the others are hungry as well?"

Minki smiled and ran towards his older cousins (and sister), who were talking and laughing ahead of them.

"Appa says that it's time to eat." He tugged on Amber's clothes.

"Okay," she said and looked at the others next to her. "It's lunch time," she announced and the others nodded as answer.

"I'm actually hungry," Byunghun said, holding onto his stomach as he realized his hunger.

"Me too!" Aron said, and they started walking back to their parents to hear what the plan was.

"The kids are hungry," they heard Joonmyun tell the other parents. "I suggest we find a place to sit?"

The parents nodded, agreeing, and looked around for somewhere to place themselves.

"How about over there?" Minseok pointed at a small grass area a little distant, behind the rides and park's street.

"Sure," the other nodded and walked towards the place.

"But there's no seating places," Byunghun said when they all stood on the area.

"What are you talking about? There's a whole area of it!" Jongin said as he sat down on the green grass with no complains at all. Byunghun looked at him.

"I don't want my clothes to get stains either," Sohee said while she watched Amber and Aron sitting down on the grass comfortably.

"Sohee, if it does we'll get it off," Lu Han said, knowing how hard it was for a grass stain to come off fabric, but not wanting his daughter to get stuck in life worrying about those kinds of things.

"But..." she began, but Minseok cut her off.

"Here, sit on my jacket; that won't harm," he said, settling his jacket on the grass for her. She thanked him and brought it closer to her friends to sit down.

"Byunghun, just sit down, will you?" Taemin asked his son, with a gentle smile. Byunghun sighed and finally sat down.

"Chanhee, you too," Lu Han told the boy, who still stood up hesitantly looking at all the others who were sitting on the ground comfortably.

"Okay, fine," he said a bit annoyed, and sat down next to Byunghun.

"But eomma..." Minki started, and Taeyeon just put out her jacket for him to sit on, as she knew how the little felt about his clothes. Minki still hesitated.

"What if that gets dirty?" he asked her with big eyes.

"That's okay, honey; if it does we'll wash it," she said and Minki smiled, sitting down next to Jonghyun who was already sitting.

"So, what's for lunch?" Taehyung asked his parents with a smile.

"Yeah, what's for lunch?" Baekhyun asked Minseok, imitating his son's grin. Minseok just rolled his eyes at him who acted like a child, and opened his bag, revealing a whole bunch of sandwiches he and Taeyeon had made for them that morning.

They talked in small groups while they ate. Amber, Aron, Luna, Sohee and Ji Yong had created a small circle as they laughed at whatever it was they were talking about; Byunghun and Chanhee sat with Taemin, Jongin, Minseok and Lu Han having their own conversation while their parents talked; Sandara talked with Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongdae and Kyungsoo; Joonmyun, Taeyeon, Yi Fan, Yixing, Sehun and Zitao talked and ate together, while the young kids sat in a circle next to them and the Kim Lee family.

"Why do people stop to look at us and take pictures?" Changjo asked his eomma. He'd noticed how the few people who saw them - though they sat away from the street - stopped to take pictures of them eating and talking. Taemin looked up from his food and turned to look at the street.

"You've got to be kidding me," Changjo heard his appa say with a sigh. He looked at him. Jongin stood up, beginning to walk towards the man and woman who had stopped as they saw them.

"Jonggie, please don't," Taemin called for him. "Just sit back down and try to ignore them."

Jongin hesitated, obviously in an inner conflict as to whether he should continue his way over to scold them, or listen to his beautiful husband who looked pleadingly at him. He sighed and decided to sit back down.

"But why do they take pictures of us?" Minki asked, looking almost disgusted, as he also noticed the people.

"Because they recognize us." Joonmyun sighed, being tired of the picture taking a long time ago.

"How?" Hayoung wondered.

"Remember that we're famous, sweetie," Sehun said. "We quit a long time ago, but I guess our fans haven't forgotten about us."

"Besides, it's a pretty big deal that all of us are married now and have kids - and still are together as somewhat of a group or family," Yixing said.

"Luna said that we're not a real family," Junhong suddenly remembered.

"What?" Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. "Of course we're a real family."

Namjoo shook her head. "My papa says that he and appa got us from our mothers. Who are our mothers?"

The parents looked at each other, not really knowing what to say.

 


 

A/N: Hello my dear readers ~ How are you doing? Good? I hope so.

Anyways, this was part two in the amusement park. I hope you enjoyed it! ^_^ There's going to be a third part too...

It's almost Christmas! And that means I have a Christmas bonus chapter for you guys! BUT it's going to be a little longer than I expected (I have too many ideas in my head)... so I hope you're ready for a bonus that's (probably) going to be too long.

And thank you for your comments! I read them all, and they make me smile \\(^o^)// (I will make a TaeKai bonus when I'm done with the Christmas bonus, and I'll be better at including Kray and XiuHan moments)

If you like this chapter, please subscribe and leave a comment.

Thank you, thank you for reading my story, dear people!! I'll do my best at future chapters. Fighting!