Christmas Bonus part 1

How I Met Your Appa

Hello my lovely readers! Merry Christmas! Here I give to you a present: part one of the Christmas bonus! But! I will warn you: I do not know how they celebrate Christmas in Korea... so this is an interpretation/imagination of how a Christmas Eve with the EXO/SHINee family could look like. It is inspired by the holiday in the US (but I don't live there, so I have no idea if this is even 1 percent close to the truth...), which means they will open gifts in the morning the 25th. There will be three parts, so prepare yourselves! (And it's pretty long, sorry... not sorry)

And a picture/gif for you of Changjo! (you will understand when you read...)

 


 

Christmas Part one

"It's Christmas Eve! It's Christmas Eve! It's Christmas Eve!" Taehyung yelled, jumping up and down in excitement by his parents' bed.

Baekhyun sleepily opened his eyes to stare up at his son who was standing by his husband's side of the bed. He didn't feel like correcting the kid, with, "No, Taehyung, it's only Christmas morning". Taehyung grinned at him.

"It's Christmas Eve!" he exclaimed again, happy that he got some attention. Baekhyun smiled at him, closing his eyes again. "It's Christmas Eve!" Taehyung yelled and patted Chanyeol on what he assumed to be his bottom. Chanyeol groaned and made a little wiggle. Taehyung grinned again and ran out of the room.

A moment later Baekhyun heard him yell his chants in another room. Then a mumble followed, and he assumed Luna had woken up, annoyed by the kid.

Some seconds of silence followed, before there could be heard steps again running inside his and Chanyeol's bedroom again.

"It's Christmas!" Luna exclaimed with a big smile and jumped up and down next to Taehyung. Baekhyun smiled; he should have predicted it.

"It's Christmas!" Taehyung copied.

"Yes, it is," Baekhyun replied, still smiling, showing that he was awake. He heard steps again, and soon he felt a pair of hands on his back. "Hey, Taehyung." Baekhyun rolled onto his other side, opening his eyes, and lifted the boy up in the bed. Taehyung climbed over Baekhyun, who groaned by the weight of his child, to settle in the middle. He was sitting on his knees and stared at his appa.

"Is appa awake?" he asked.

"No, I think you should try wake him up again," Baekhyun responded, knowing that his husband was in fact awake. He could see a little motion by Chanyeol's lips.

Taehyung smiled. "It's Christmas! It's Christmas! It's Christmas!" he yelled, even louder than before, while bouncing in the bed. Chanyeol couldn't keep his giggles inside, when Luna helped Taehyung wake him up, by tickling him.

"Okay!" Chanyeol exclaimed and opened his eyes, couldn't pretend to be sleeping anymore. "Come here." He spread out his arms for Luna to climb in, and then swung her to the middle of the bed beside Taehyung. She grinned and Baekhyun ruffled Chanyeol's hair.

 

Sehun woke up by the sound and bounce of the mattress he was laying on. His head and body were slightly bouncing along with it, and he could hear the springs in the bed. He opened his eyes and waited for Zitao, laying in front of him, to open his as well.

"I seriously hope it to be an earthquake..." Sehun said, loud enough to create giggles in the room and a smile on his husband's lips.

"It's just us, appa!" Hayoung grinned.

"And it's Christmas!" Junhong chimed with a big smile on his face.

"Oh it's just you two!" Sehun feigned surprise and rolled onto his back. "Get down here, you goofballs!" He grinned and pulled Hayoung down to lay between him and Zitao, while Zitao grabbed Junhong. The 'twins' laughed and Sehun and Zitao tickled them.

"Merry Christmas!" Sehun said in between laughs.

"Baba!" Junhong laughed.

"Appa, stop!" Hayoung mirrored the laughing expression on her brother.

"You'd like that, huh?" Sehun teased, and continued tickling them. After a couple of minutes, Sehun and Zitao finally gave, and the 'twins' settled between them, panting. But it didn't take long for them to recover, and Sehun and Zitao didn't get much of a break, before they were suddenly being grabbed by their arms.

"Come on!" Hayoung began, while trying to pull Sehun up in a sitting position.

"We need to get ready!" Junhong continued his sister's sentence, while trying to pull at his baba.

"We need to go to the others!" Hayoung finished, and Sehun was finally sitting up. Junhong also 'succeeded' and Zitao was sitting by his husband's side. They looked at each other with equal expressions and mentality; they were not ready for this.

 

Minseok gently closed the door to Ji Yong's room, and turned to look at his three kids sitting in a row on Ji Yong's bed - despite Ji Yong's protests.

"Okay, listen up, kids," Minseok began, looking all three of them in the eye while speaking. "Baba's going to be really stressed today; you know with hosting for so many people. So you have to do whatever he tells you to, without any quarrels and objections. You understand?" Chanhee, Sohee and Ji Yong all nodded. He continued with a firm voice, making sure they knew the seriousness of this matter. "He's going to be all over the place, and he wants everything to be perfect, so no rejections, okay?" Again they nodded.

"We already know this!" Ji Yong said. "After all, we've lived with him for at least eight to thirteen years!" He pointed at Chanhee and himself, emphasizing his point. "I think we all know how he is." Chanhee and Sohee nodded in agreement. Minseok sighed; a bit relieved but also feeling like he had to reprimand them every year.

The door was abruptly swung open and a flustered Lu Han walked in. They could tell in his eyes that he was already all over the place - despite the fact that the guests wouldn't arrive for the next many hours.

"What are you doing?" he asked, looking confused as to why his family was having a family gathering or relaxation in his son's room.

"We were just talking," Minseok said, trying to calm him down and walked closer to put a hand on his shoulder. "Han, relax, it's going to be fine."

"Talking?" Lu Han repeated, looking in disbelief at the four people. "We're about to host for our whole family, and you're talking? Do you know how many things we need done?" Suddenly something seemed to appear to him. "Why haven't you cleaned your room, Ji Yong?"

"Why? Nobody's going in here," Ji Yong said.

"Youngbae's going to sleep in here tonight," Lu Han replied.

"So? He's not going to care if I've cleaned or not," his son argued. But then he noticed his appa's stern look on him and he bowed his head. "Fine. I'll clean," he said, then added with a mumble, "Why did we have to gather in my room..."

In the end the family cleaned up the house, decorated it with Christmas decorations, and made the food they would prepare, and all Lu Han actually managed to get done by himself, was to braid his daughter's hair; the day had more or less consisted of a flustered Lu Han walking around, checking everything and putting his kids to do several jobs, with Minseok and the kids actually doing the work.

 

Yixing was storming around the house, trying to remember everything he had to bring along. He knew Yi Fan was in the shower right now - after Yixing had used half an hour to drag him out of bed, because that man never wanted to wake up before last minute! Yixing counted on his fingers, considering if he'd packed everything, when he noticed his son on the couch playing on his phone.

"Aron!" he exclaimed. Aron only raised an eyebrow to show that he was listening, without lifting his gaze from Angry Birds. "What are you doing? Have you even packed?"

It took a moment for Aron to reply, clearly engrossed with the game. He slowly shook his head to answer his baba's question.

"You do know that it's Christmas Eve tonight, and we're leaving for the airport in an hour, right?" Yixing's voice was near panicking.

"Relax, there's enough time; it won't take long to pack," Aron said confidently.

"Aron, put your phone down now, and go pack," Yixing told calmly, showing his authority. But still Aron didn't look up from his phone.

"I'll do it," he said, but didn't stand up and just kept his eyes fixated on the screen in his hands.

"Aron!"

"What's going on?" Yi Fan walked into the living room, drying his hair with a towel.

"Tell your son to pack and get ready!" Yixing said and walked off, probably to gather the last few things.

Yi Fan stared after him with raised eyebrows - a bit taken aback by the irritated Yixing - and turned to his son for explanation, but Aron was only playing his game and had probably not even registered that his baba had left.

 

"Appa. Appa. Appa," Minhyun repeated while pulling at Minho's sleeve. Minho's eyes were glued to the television screen showing a soccer match, as he was sitting on the couch in the living room. "Appa!" Minhyun tried getting his attention.

"Mmh?" Minho's response sounded, still looking at the television in front. He didn't know why they chose to show one of the most interesting matches (as far as he was concerned) on Christmas Day.

"You need to choose what I should wear," Minhyun said.

"Okay, Minnie," Minho said, slightly distracted.

Minhyun smiled and went inside his room to get the choices his appa could choose between, and a couple seconds later came back with a bunch of clothes in his arms.

"Two minutes," Minhyun said to his appa, and dropped the clothes onto the floor, so he could organize it in the three outfits he had prepared. The first outfit he collected on the floor was a green sweater with white snowflakes, coupled with white pants. The next outfit consisted of a simple blue sweater and black pants. And the third outfit Minhyun neatly put together on the floor consisted of a maroon dress shirt, also with black pants. Minhyun stood and pulled at Minho's sleeve. "Appa, which outfit should I wear?" He pointed at the outfits on the floor, pulling at Minho's shirt until he gathered his attention. Finally Minho tore his eyes away from the television.

"What?" he asked.

"What should I wear?" Minhyun repeated his question and pointed at the floor. Minho looked at the outfits.

"Um, I like that one," he said, only managing to point at the green sweater outfit, before somebody on the screen scored a goal. "Yes!" he exclaimed and stood, fists halfway up in the air and with a victorious smile on his face. Minhyun rolled his eyes; partly due to his appa's game enthusiasm, and partly due to the choice he made with the outfit.

"I'll ask papa," Minhyun mumbled, picking up all the clothes from the floor. "Appa, where's papa?" he asked.

"Um... try the kitchen, Minnie. No!"

Minhyun slightly shook his head at his appa, before turning around to find his papa in the kitchen. When he got there, something smelled really nice.

"Papa," Minhyun said and put the clothes back down on the floor. Jinki turned around in the kitchen, a spoon in his hand. He smiled at Minhyun.

"Hi, Minnie!" he greeted from the kitchen. "What's up?"

"You need to..." Minhyun began, but Jinki interrupted him.

"Sorry, Minnie, but do you know when appa's show is done?"

Minhyun sighed; he had to do everything himself. "Appa!" he called into the living room, turning halfway in the act. "When is your show over?"

"A match, Minhyun!" Minho called back from the living room. "And there's half time in a few minutes."

Minhyun turned back to Jinki. "It's called a match. And there's half time soon," he delivered to his papa. Jinki smiled with a thank you to his son. Then he turned back to his pots on the stove.

"Papa!" Minhyun whined. Jinki looked at him over his shoulder.

"Yes?" he asked with a smile.

"What outfit should I wear?" Minhyun asked, gesturing to the clothes on the floor, which he had placed again in the right outfits.

" 'Which'," Jinki corrected him, before turning around again to look at the outfits in question. "Mmh," he thought. "I like the blue sweater," he said.

Minhyun raised an eyebrow at him. "Really?" But that's not at all Christmassy or nice enough. Jinki nodded with a smile.

"What did appa choose?" Jinki asked.

"That one." Minhyun pointed at the green sweater, before collecting the clothes again and walking to his brother's room. "Seokjin hyung!" he called and knocked on the door.

"What?" Seokjin opened the door to his bedroom and looked at his brother with a raised brow.

"What should I wear, hyung?" Minhyun began putting the outfits together on the floor for the third time. Seokjin waited for him to finish patiently and when Minhyun was finished, he looked up at him with big eyes questioningly.

"That one, the shirt," Seokjin said determined and pointed at the maroon dress shirt with black pants.

"Okay. Thank you, hyung!" Minhyun said sweetly and Seokjin disappeared into his room again. Minhyun smiled. His brother knew what to wear, he thought.

 

"Taeyeon! Have you seen my black tie?" Joonmyun called through the house. He was standing in his and Taeyeon's bedroom, looking through the closet and drawers and wherever his tie could be, while Taeyeon was standing in the kitchen, making the food they were going to bring to Minseok and Lu Han's house.

"No!" Taeyeon called back. "Have you looked in the drawer?"

"Yes!"

"And the closet?"

"Yes!"

Taeyeon sighed. "Okay, hold on, I'll look! Can you please come to the kitchen and stir in this while I find your tie?"

Joonmyun walked out of the room, down the hallway and into the kitchen, where he found his wife stirring in a pot.

"Here," Taeyeon said and handed him the wooden spoon she had used, before walking down the hallway herself and into their bedroom.

"Hey!" Amber greeted as she came into the kitchen to her appa. "Why are you yelling? There's hours before we have to leave; no need to be stressing so soon."

Joonmyun sighed. "I know. It's just nice to have everything under control and ready before last minute."

Amber smiled. "Sure."

"Here you go." Taeyeon came back soon enough, with a black tie between her fingers. She gave it to Joonmyun, who in return gave her the wooden spoon back. "Your son was playing with it."

"Thank you. You are my savior!" Joonmyun kissed her cheek and she smiled. "My true heroine."

Amber rolled her eyes at her parents, but couldn't help but smile a little. Minki walked into the room with a white dress shirt on.

"Hey, you look nice," Joonmyun said and grabbed Minki to carry him.

"But I want a tie, too!" Minki said. "Then I would be so much nicer!"

"Minki, you better keep out of the kitchen; we don't want your white shirt to get stains, do we?" Taeyeon said and Minki quickly demanded to be put on the ground, before running back into his room. Amber laughed.

"And Amber, are you still sure you don't want to buy a nice dress before tonight?" Taeyeon asked her daughter the question she'd already asked three times that week.

Amber rolled her eyes. "Yes, I'm sure."

"I'm sorry, honey, I just wanted to make sure you hadn't regretted it," Taeyeon said.

"I know. And I haven't," Amber replied.

"What are you going to wear?" Joonmyun asked her.

Amber shrugged. "I'm not sure yet. But I know I have something in my closet."

"Okay," Joonmyun said and kissed her head. "Just don't pick everything out in last minute!" He had had too many stressing days before with people doing that.

 

"Please? It's just one night, Kyungsoo!" Jongdae pleaded for the nth time that day. He was almost begging with folded hands and on his knees before Kyungsoo. But his husband just sighed. "Please! Put it on... for me?" he tried with puppy eyes and a pout.

"I'm not putting on matching sweaters, Jongdae..." Kyungsoo said, staring at the sweaters in Jongdae's hand. Jongdae's lip started trembling, but Kyungsoo didn't budge as he knew Jongdae was only putting it on for sympathy. "No." Kyungsoo shook his head.

"But..."

"No, Jongdae. You know how I feel about that."

A light seemed to turn off inside Jongdae as Kyungsoo's final say hit him, and he looked at the ground. He looked so sad, like a little child being denied something he really wanted. Kyungsoo didn't know whether or not Jongdae had accepted the fact that they were not going to wear matching clothes. But he didn't seem to beg any more.

"I just thought it would be cute..." Jongdae mumbled, before walking off with the remaining three sweaters in his hands, as he was wearing the fourth himself. Kyungsoo's heart pained a little seeing him like that, but he knew Jongdae would soon be happy again.

Some minutes went by, Kyungsoo cooking in the kitchen, while Jongdae didn't speak a word to him. Well, he was in his bedroom, so it wasn't so weird that he didn't say anything to Kyungsoo, but still Kyungsoo felt his sadness throughout the apartment. Suddenly a pair of hands lightly hit Kyungsoo on the back. Kyungsoo flinched and turned around, to be met by two wide grins on his kids' faces.

"Hey, guys, what's going on?" Kyungsoo asked them.

Namjoo shrugged and crawled up on a stool that was standing in the kitchen. "Not much," she replied cheekily. "What's going on with you?" Kyungsoo laughed and ruffled her hair.

"Papa?" Jonghyun gained his attention, asking with a serious and slightly sad voice. "Why is appa sad?"

"Why would you say that?" Kyungsoo asked. "What makes you think he's sad?" Oh, dear Jongdae, what have you done? Do you really want to show your kids that you're sad, just because of a couple of sweaters?

"He's locked himself in the bedroom," Namjoo replied on her brother's behalf. As always, the two were like two peas in a pod.

Kyungsoo sighed. "He's just sad because of something I said... Don't you worry about it."

"But it's Christmas... He shouldn't be sad..." Jonghyun pouted.

"What did you say to make him sad?"

Kyungsoo thought for a moment. "Listen," he said. "What do you say about wearing matching sweaters with appa?" He had to do something to make Jongdae happy.

Namjoo raised an eyebrow. "Matching sweaters? With appa? Not a chance."

"If it's appa who's picked them out, they've got to be ugly," Jonghyun added.

Kyungsoo bit his lip. "They're actually not bad this time," he told honestly. Both his kids looked kind of doubtful. "They're not! It's just red sweaters with reindeers."

Jonghyun scrunched his nose, while Namjoo mumbled, "You've been married for too long..." Jonghyun grinned at her, but Kyungsoo just furrowed his eyebrows as he'd heard what she said. Had he really gotten so used to Jongdae's weird fashion sense, that he suddenly found it good looking too? He shook it off with a shake of his head.

"Are you sure you don't want to make your appa happy by wearing them?" Kyungsoo asked his kids.

"I'm not going to. I've already chosen my dress!" Namjoo said with a big smile.

Kyungsoo looked at his son. "Jonghyun?"

Jonghyun sighed. "Fine..."

 

Kibum was sitting on the floor in the bathroom, bathing his youngest son, when somebody knocked on the door. He moved some inches away from the door, so he could open it. Then he smiled up at his second youngest son.

"Hi, Jimin, what's up?" he asked. Jungkook grinned up at his brother from the bathtub.

"Jimin hyung!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah, hi, Kookie. Eomma, I need your help," Jimin said, sounding almost desperate. He was standing with two sets of clothes in his hands, which he showed to Kibum. "What should I wear? This dress shirt or this sweater?"

"Mmh," Kibum contemplated, looking from the grey sweater to the baby blue dress shirt. "I think you'll look really cute in the sweater, darling. Go with that!" Kibum answered with a smile, poking Jungkook with the rubber duck in the bathtub, making the boy laugh.

"But appa said the same!" something in Jimin's voice sounded whining, which made Kibum turn his attention back to him.

"Then why don't you go with that, honey? You'll look handsome!" he said.

Jimin looked at the sweater and then at the dress shirt. "Yeah, but... Jungkook!" Jungkook had splashed around in the bathtub while they were talking, and accidentally splashed water on Jimin's dress shirt.

"It's only water, Jimin, it'll dry in a couple of minutes," Kibum said before Jimin managed to get seriously mad at his baby brother. Instead Jimin settled with an angry scowl at Jungkook. Kibum seemed like he was about to say something more, but Jimin didn't stay to listen, and just turned around to stomp off, going towards his hyung's room.

"Youngbae hyung, Youngbae hyung, Youngbae hyung!" he called while knocking too many times on Youngbae's bedroom door. Youngbae opened the door and glared down at Jimin.

"What?"

"What should I wear tonight? This sweater or this shirt?" Jimin asked his older brother for advice. "Oh, and this is just water; Jungkook splashed it on, but it'll disappear!" he hurried to add, when he noticed Youngbae's eyes wander to the spot on the baby blue shirt.

"The sweater," Youngbae said.

"But..." Jimin said and looked at the sweater and then back up at Youngbae. "What are you going to wear...?"

"Probably my black dress shirt."

Jimin's mouth almost fell open. His hyung was going to wear a dress shirt? Of course! Because he knew what was appropriate to wear! And not his old parents, whose fashion sense was probably outdated a long time ago...

"Okay!" Jimin grinned.

 

There was about half an hour until they had to leave, and Taemin was running around in the living room after Changjo.

"Changjo, sweetie, will you please put it back on?" Taemin pleaded, and stopped at the table's end with a huff, holding the dress shirt in his hand.

Changjo also stopped at the other end of the table across from his eomma and stuck out his tongue. "No!"

Changjo had worn the shirt for about half an hour, before deciding that it was itchy. Then he had ed it and thrown it on the floor, for Taemin to find it ten minutes later. And that's when the chase began.

"Changjo, it's only for tonight. I promise I won't make you wear something like this again," Taemin said. He didn't feel like getting mad at Christmas Eve, so he continued trying with his pleading method.

But Changjo kept being angry and shook his head while crossing his arms tightly over his chest. "No!"

Byunghun walked out of his bedroom, a black dress shirt and jeans on, accompanied with a black cap on his head. He looked from his younger brother, who was pressing his lips to a thin line, to his eomma. "What's going on?" he asked.

Taemin just looked at him. "What are you wearing? It's Christmas Eve, not a street party...."

Byunghun raised an eyebrow. "And that's why I'm wearing this." He motioned to his neat fresh-ironed shirt.

"Take off your cap," Taemin just said, before turning his attention back to the youngest again. "Changjo, I'm only going to say it nicely one more time: will you please put the shirt back on?"

Changjo narrowed his eyes. "No!"

Taemin sighed. So much for being nice. And where was Jongin by the way? It wasn't that he was super anxious about being late; he didn't mind that. But he more felt like he was doing everything by himself. And there was just so much he needed done.

"What's the problem?" Byunghun asked. He hadn't taken off his cap yet and seemed more interested in his eomma and Changjo's problem, than obeying his eomma.

"Just take off the cap, Byunghun; this has nothing to do with you," Taemin replied. Byunghun furrowed his brows; he'd even asked nicely.

"Maybe I wasn't asking you," Byunghun said; well if his eomma was going to be patronizing, he might as well be a bit rude himself. He turned to Changjo. "What's the problem?" he asked his younger brother.

"The shirt is itchy!" Changjo complained, still with an angry expression. Byunghun seemed to consider this for a while, Taemin just looking from one son to another, not understanding the sudden exchange of brotherly concern.

"I might have something," Byunghun said, outstretching a hand for Changjo to take. Changjo seemed a bit suspicious at first, but then grabbed his brother's hand, making sure to keep a bigger distance when walking past their eomma, and together they went into Byunghun's bedroom.

Taemin was left dumbfounded, standing with the dress shirt in his hand. What just happened?

Some minutes later the door was opened and Changjo stepped out with a big smile on his face.

"Look, eomma!" he exclaimed and stretched out his arms, so Taemin could take a good look at him: Changjo was wearing a blue dress shirt, but it was too big for him, making his legs look even smaller than they were and his arms even shorter. Taemin looked at the loose shirt, the sleeves covering Changjo's hands and the hem nearing his knees. But his face was sporting a bright smile, and Taemin couldn't help but smile himself.

Byunghun stepped out after Changjo, having a little smile on his face too. He had taken off his cap, which Taemin had highly demanded him to, and he was looking at his younger brother. Taemin just looked at him. Did his son just solve a problem revolving his younger brother, which Taemin hadn't even been able to solve himself? Did Byunghun just make Changjo wear a dress shirt, which his own eomma couldn't even make him do? Well, truth be told, the dress shirt was too big for Changjo's small body, but nonetheless it was a dress shirt, and in the end all Taemin had wanted was for them to wear nice shirts.

Byunghun felt his eomma's glare at him, and he turned his face up his direction, raising an eyebrow. "What, eomma? Isn't Christmas supposed to be a happy time?" Byunghun smirked teasingly at him. Taemin looked at his son with pursed lips, feigning to be offended, but then smiled and ruffled his hair when his son grinned.

"You...!" Taemin mumbled and kissed Byunghun's head, before the two laughed at Changjo spinning around himself.

 


 

A/N: So did you enjoy it? I really hope you did! When I wrote it, I didn't realise how long it was... but there are just so many people and I need to give everyone a little attention (sorry, there are some people who did not get mentioned in this part, but they are there! I promise!)

Are you enjoying the holiday? I hope you are ^_^

And no, Changjo did not tear his shirt like he did in the gif (but it was nice, wasn't it? ;) )

There will be more cute moments with all of our boys and girls in the next two parts! Hope you're excited!

Merry Christmas, dear readers! Thank you for your support, comments, subscriptions and all! I hope I won't let you down!

<3