Forgiveness

Jonghyun her Boyfriend (Sequel to Jonghyun the Genie)

"Okay, now follow my steps." the dance instructor told the SHINee boys. "One two three four, two two three four."

The SHINee boys tried following as best as they could. Taemin and Key, being the two that were better dancers, caught on quickly and danced like professionals.

Onew, having that Onew disease of his, tripped on the third count, and fell on the ground, with his legs flying in the air. His legs got tangled with Minho's long ones, and caused the SHINee's flaming charisma to fall down too.

"Oww!!" Minho groaned as he fell on his Hyung. "ONEW HYUNGGGGG!!" he whined.

Onew grinned sheepishly. "Ahehehe. Mian?"

The dance instructor shook his head. It was the umpteenth time that had happened. He only hoped that the same thing wouldn't happen to Onew when they really debuted.

The door suddenly burst opened and the SHINee boys were surprised to see Jonghyun there. "Oh you!" the dance instructor frowned. "Where have you been for the past few days! Don't you want to debut?"

Jonghyun ignored him and pulled the dance instructor out of the room and slammed the door shut in the latter's face. "Hyung! That was Seongsaengnim!" Taemin squeaked.

"I don't care." Jonghyun growled. "I have a problem. Ji Eun baby's angry with me. I need help."

The other four immediately grew quiet and gestured for him to continue. Jonghyun began telling them everything that happened, how he had wanted to go on a date, and how she had yelled at him.

"I don't understand!" Jonghyun ruffled his own hair frustratedly. "Why is she angry? I had a fun time with her yesterday, so I thought it would be nice to do it again today. And the next day and hopefully forever! What's wrong with that?"

"Oh Jonghyun. You're an idiot." Key rolled his eyes.

Jonghyun shot him a look, but Key gave an umma vibe that told him not to interrupt. "You can't have fun all your life, Jonghyun." Key sighed.

Jonghyun frowned. "But isn't that what I became human again for? To have fun?"

"Well yes," Onew nodded. "But you have to work hard sometimes too. That's the point of living. And now that you're a normal person, you have other mundane things to worry about too. First thing's first, it's the money to keep your life going. You're going to need that."

"Money?" Jonghyun repeated like he never gave it much thought before.

"Yes money." Minho rolled his eyes. Taemin nodded. "The money I use to buy banana milk, Hyung! You can't just get banana milk from the stall, you have to earn money for it."

Key agreed. "See? Even Taemin knows!" he scoffed. "If you want to live your life as a prince again, you can! But with till you have enough money to do that. The money you're using now is earned by Ji Eun! You can't expect her mere salary of a makeup artist to fund your luxurious habits! She has to feed all five of us, that's a great burden already."

"As her boyfriend, you have to buck up and help her with the bills and stuff." Onew advised. "Be a man and don't waste your time like an idiot!"

Jonghyun flinched at the insult and bit his lips. The reality that he was really not a prince anymore, that he wouldn't have servants, he would have to do everything himself, to fight for his own survival, it suddenly dawned on him.

*I have to prove to Ji Eun baby that I'm willing to work hard for her.* he frowned. *I must prove it to her.*




Ji Eun sighed as she entered the house. She had a nice talk with Minwoo, the latter was particularly surprised to find that she was also an orphan and really seemed to care, contrary to the usual sympathy she got.

She felt a little better, but she still bore a little grudge towards Jonghyun. She was utterly disappointed that he was still living like a prince, thinking that he wouldn't have to do anything to earn to survive. He was under-estimating human life.

She switched the light switch on and was surprised when she saw Jonghyun kneeling in the middle of the hall with a white band wound round his head. It said "Forgive me baby."

"Jonghyun, what are you doing?" Ji Eun blinked, confused.

Jonghyun gave her a small grin. "To earn your forgiveness, Ji Eun baby." he admitted. "I had wanted to buy you roses or something, but I had no money."

He looked at Ji Eun and searched her eyes. "I'm sorry baby, I know I'm wrong. I shouldn't be squandering my life away like this. I will work hard to be a singer, and I'll also find a job to sustain life for you, me and the four other ers. I will be a good boyfriend, Ji Eun baby. I won't make you suffer."

A gentle smile broke on Ji Eun's face. She ran to him and circled her arms round her neck as she sobbed happily. "I'm so glad you thought it through Jonghyun!" she squealed. "I'm so happy!"

Jonghyun chuckled as he hugged her back tightly against his chest. *I shouldn't even have done all that to make her cry. I was such a stupid.*

"I'll not make you suffer, baby." he whispered.