Chapter 1

Laws of Motion & Attraction (TO BE PUBLISHED JUNE 2020)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." - Newton's 3rd Law of Motion

(Y/N - Your name)

 

Y/N never believed in love at first sight.

But she did believe in "crush" at first sight, and the moment she saw the boy with dark brown hair, playing the cello in the music room Saturday afternoon, she was undeniably smitten and found herself being pulled like a magnet.

Maybe it was the way he held the instrument, almost like it was a part of him; Maybe it was his face. And what a beautiful face it was, she thought as she observed the way his eyes focused on the music sheet, his lips pressed together and his expression a mask of concentration as his fingers moved to play the instrument sheathed between his legs. Y/N couldn't keep his eyes off of him.


She was in the campus to settle her accounts and with the semester starting on Monday, she was relieved to finally get everything done: from getting settled in her dorm to registering in all her classes.

She was now a college junior majoring in English literature and so far, things were going great. Her grades were steady, she made a lot of friends through the course of her freshman and sophomore years; been invited to several college parties, and even dated a senior.

Y/N frowned at the thought of Jongin and how things ended pretty badly last summer. She caught him cheating at a party; remembering how his lips were latched onto a girl with blonde hair, making out in one of the rooms upstairs. She huffed when she remembered his face when she caught him; how nonchalant his expression was–slightly annoyed even, as if showing that she just interrupted him from doing something really important which happened to be shoving his tongue down that girl's throat. It broke her heart but she sort of saw it coming.


Jongin was a player. And everyone knows players remain players no matter what. The movies are just messing with you. The beast will forever be a beast. Love has a tendency to bite back–hard.

The music suddenly stopped, making her snap from her thoughts and as she leant to peek inside, she saw that the boy has disappeared from the room; the cello left leaning on the chair. She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion, taking a step forward and peering through the door in search of the boy–

"If you wanted to listen, you could've just asked."

Y/N jumped at the sound of a deep voice behind her and whirled in surprise. Cello boy was standing behind her,hands tucked in his slacks with a teasing expression on his face.

"H–how did you–"

"Back door." He tilted his head to the side and she saw that the room has two doors on each end. She face-palmed herself mentally, cheeks flaming in embarrassment for getting caught.

"I'm sorry, I–"

He chuckled slightly and Y/N found herself stopping at how beautiful he looked; deep set eyes covered by thick-rimmed glasses, angular features and a mouth that formed a rectangle when he smiled, showcasing a set of pearly whites. He was a head taller than her, lanky but quite lean by the looks of his slim waist and nice shoulders.

Not as broad as Jin's, though... she thought, remembering the hottie from the School's swim team whom she's been crushing on since forever.

"It's okay." He said before walking past her and into the room. He left the door open which Y/N interpreted as an invitation, so she let herself in.

"You play very well." She said meekly and the boy looked up at her as he placed the cello into the case.

"Glad you think so." He smiled and Y/N tried to hold herself together. It was a crime for anyone to look that good. "Though I must admit, it's not my forte."

"Oh?" she asked, her eyes glancing to his hands and seeing a pair of slender fingers, thinking maybe he was a pianist. "What instrument do you play best?"

"Saxophone." He answered and she had to suppress a grin, impressed by his talent. It's not every day you met guys who played saxophones. In fact, you don't meet a lot of people who play saxophones.

"Impressive." She complimented and he threw her a grin which made her stomach churn. She stared at him as he continued to fix his stuff, thinking whether she had seen him before. He didn't look like a freshman and looked probably about her age, or maybe a few years older. He had a youthful glow to him and by the way he dressed, slacks and a baby blue polo that fitted his torso quite nicely, she bets he was perhaps a senior.

"Are you new here?" She asked. "I haven't seen you around..."

"You can say that." He shrugged with a smile. "You?"

"Been here since freshman year." She told. "I'm a junior. English Lit."

"Physics." He nodded and Y/N thought he couldn't have been more perfect. A musician and a science geek? Talk about double threat!

"I also minor in theatre."

Make that triple.

"Oh. Well if ever you need anyone to–" Y/N bit her lip, unsure where she had gotten the confidence to offer a tour to a new student from. She wasn't usually this friendly. "You know, show you around or..."

"How does coffee sound?" He suddenly asked and Y/N stared at him for a while, seeing a playful glint in his eyes.

Oh god he's hot, she thought as she found herself nodding. "There's a cafe just around the corner of the annex."

"Perfect." He said as he grabbed his satchel and hung it on his right shoulder. "Let's go?"

"Now?" She asked surprisingly and he smiled, which made her blush.

"Now's a good time as any." He smiled and Y/N felt like she was going to faint.

As they walked out of the room, side by side, Y/N tried not to scream and shout right there at how easily she had scored a date with a cute guy who could play music, is smart, and can act!

"Oh!" She perked, remembering. "I didn't get your name. I'm Y/N, by the way." She reached out her hand and he smiled as he took it, giving it a firm squeeze.

"V." He said. "You can call me V."

~~~

When Y/N thought V couldn't get any more perfect, he just did with his seemingly easy disposition and witty jokes. Y/N never thought she had laughed that much since...

Since high school, she thought.

They talked about random things, mostly about things they liked to do which ranged from their favourite food place to their favourite movies and TV shows.

"I don't really watch a lot of movies." he admitted.

"Then what do you do?" she asked, sipping her coffee which was now halfway finished.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter