Take A Risk

Never Forget Our Love

"Your dancing's off today" Onew commented as he looked over at Minho.

"I... uh sorry I'm just a bit out of it" He answered, unable to help the face he made, "Hey hyung, can I ask you something?"

"Sure" Onew answered as he leaned back and placed his phone back in his pocket, aware that something had been bothering Minho all week.

"How are things going with Ji Young?" He asked curiously.

"They're going great, I mean I don't think it's anything too serious right now, but I really like her, why?" He asked, "Is this about Min Ah?"

"Yeah... I just don't know why she keeps refusing to even give me the time of day" Minho said exasperated with his situation.

"Minho, why don't you just move on, if she really doesn't want you..." Onew trailed off, watching for the type of reaction his friend would have.

"I can't, I mean she just keeps popping up in my mind. I don't want to regret never even giving whatever I feel a chance" Minho responded earnestly.

"Good luck then and don't give up" He said as he slapped his back in encouragement and walked off, hiding the smile on his face as he pulled his phone out and dialed Ji Young's number.

"Min Ah!!!" Ji Young yelled as she knocked on the door.

"What?! WHAT?!" Min Ah yelled back angrily, not even fazing Ji Young, as she pulled the door open and glared at her. Her bed head caused Ji Young's brows to raise in amusement.

"Get dressed we gotta go, besides you should be up its already past noon!" Ji Young said enthusiastically as she pushed her way in with a bright smile on her face.

"Go where? It's Saturday morning and the only place I want to go is to bed! I had to stay up late night working on my application for that internship, they're announcing who gets it on Wednesday so I really just want to go back to bed" She whined as Ji Young took her hand and dragged her to her closet.

"I just need to go somewhere so please come with me?" She begged, opening her eyes wide, trying to tug at her friend's heartstrings.

"Aish, you're lucky I don't kick you out based on you leaving me to walk home that time!" Min Ah exclaimed as she sat back on her bed.

"If you had just taken the ride Minho offered..." Ji Young muttered.

"Of course, this is about him again right? I don't want to date him or anyone else Ji Young! Can't we just leave it alone?!" Min Ah said, raising her annoyance laced tone.

"Fine Min Ah yes this is about him again. I just, I get why you're holding back, but he honestly seems like a nice guy I'm trying to do what's best for my best friend" She explained softly.

"Having a boyfriend won't make my life the best Ji Young thank you for trying to set us up, but he's just not my type" Min Ah said as she hugged her friend, who in her own quirky way always tried to do what's best for her.

"Ok Min Ah, I promise this is the last time, but you should know... Minho said he was going to wait for you until you came at the cafe where we all first met" Ji Young said as she grabbed her purse and held it.

"Tell him I won't go" She said firmly.

"He said he didn't care that he'd just wait, but go back to bed Min Ah, I'm sure after today he'll finally get the hint" Ji Young murmured as Min Ah walked her out.

They said good bye and Min Ah walked back to her bed where she collapsed on it again. She closed her eyes, willing herself to go back to bed and groaned as she turned around and pulled the sheet back over her head. Who cared if he waited forever? He's the one that decided to do it, no one ever forced him. She had been perfectly clear about this whole thing so she shouldn't feel guilty at all.

Besides, what does he think this is? A drama? That I'm going to run to him? Ha.

Min Ah sat up and sighed. Why did he have to be so persistent? That was the problem. Did he really think that she had nothing better to do than go around dating? With a frustrated scream she threw her covers off and got dressed, grumbling the entire way to the cafe. She was going to make herself perfectly clear and after this if he didn't leave her alone whatever idiotic thing he decided to do wasn't going to make her feel guilty.

She slowed her pace when she approached the cafe. Peeking in through the window to see him sitting at small table, his head on the table, people staring at him in a mix of pity and confusion.

Great, now when I walk in I'm going to be the bad guy...

Regardless, she had to talk to him and sort him out. Taking a deep breath she mustered all the courage she had and pushed the doors open, ignoring the stares she got as she went over to him and took the seat in front of him. He raised his head slowly, blinking a few times when he realized it was her.

"You came" Minho said slowly, shocked.

"Don't get the wrong idea. Listen, I'm sure you're a nice guy, but as I've said before I'm not interested in dating you" She said firmly, her now cold eyes meeting his, "I only came to save you any more trouble on my account, but don't make the mistake of assuming I'm going to come again. Minho I'm sorry, but I'm just not interested" She said finishing in a softer tone.

She looked at him seriously as she watched his expression change to one from shock to annoyance. Before things got out of hand she nodded as a goodbye and got up and walked out of the cafe ignoring the mutters behind her and the single mention of the word from a table to the side. Looking for a cab as soon as she stepped out she felt so guilty, but there was nothing she could do. Well, there was  but she just...

"Why?" He asked as he grabbed her arm and pulled her to him.

"Why what?" She asked him, unable to meet those brown eyes she knew would be swimming with emotion.

"Why won't you just give me a chance? I've been thinking about it, is it because you go to that rich school and I'm nothing but a poor trainee who might never step on stage?" He asked frustrated with her easy dismissal of him.

"No! It has nothing to do with that, it's because you might step on stage that I don't want to risk my feelings! Listen, people... they change so fast when encountered with money or fame, I want to meet a normal guy and live a normal life and being with a future idol isn't the way for me to get that" She explained as tried to tug her arm from his hold.

"I won't change! You don't know everything how can you just assume that?" He insisted as his grip remained on her.

"Well I don't want to risk it" Min Ah told him. He stared at her as he shook his head softly. Faster than she realized he pulled her into his arms and held her tightly.

"Nothing? Do you not feel anything?" He whispered into her hair, feeling his own heartbeat skyrocket, "If there's even a hint of something for me then just give me a chance... until I debut ok? Let's date until then at the very least and then when the day comes if you don't want to go on then just walk away and I swear I won't chase after you"

"I'm sorry..." She whispered as she gently pushed him away.

Ignoring his look of disbelief she turned and got into the first cab that had stopped by and headed home. She looked forward as they passed him and she held the hem of her coat tightly, trying to slow her heartbeat again. Her body tingled and she wondered if she made the right choice. With a shaky hand she rummaged for her phone, staring at the screen, almost hoping that he would call her. Would he really give up? If he called again, would she take everything back? She asked herself.

She spent the rest of the day thinking about it. Could it really hurt to just date him for a little while? Until he debuted? It couldn't hurt right? But how could she even suggest it again when after everything she turned him down like that. She mentally kicked herself as she ran downstairs to get her mail, it was already night she noticed in surprise as she pulled the mail out of her mailbox and looked outside. Suddenly, her body went still when she saw a tall figure pacing outside.

Slowly, she pushed the door to her building open, stepping out into the frigid cold in her pajamas. She squinted as her heartbeat steadily picked up. Only a few feet away, stood Minho pacing back and forth, muttering to himself and shaking his head every once in a while. She watched him for a moment wondering how after everything she had said he had still decided to come to her house. He looked up suddenly as if sensing her guilt and stared at her. He clenched his hands by his side and turned away, losing all the courage he had been building in less than a second.

"Wait!" She blurted out, unable to stop herself.

He froze and turned back around as she came up to him. She was wearing these blue pajamas and he noticed that she must be freezing. He also noticed in surprise how messy her hair was and how cute she looked in it.

"Until you debut... let's date until then" She said suddenly, throwing previous caution to the wind.

It was only for a little while anyways, what could go wrong?

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

Mwahaha I'm enjoying the brainstorm process for this fic wayyy too much. That's ok it's hard to imagine anyone not wanting to date Minho though... XD and I'm also excited to work Hyun Joong into the story loveee him!

Subscribe and comment please!