The Day We Met

Never Forget Our Love

"Please? Please?!" Ji Young begged her friend as she hurried to catch up to her.

"No! I already told you I really don't want to go!" Min Ah insisted as she sped up her pace, silently wishing that her friend would just give up.

"Come on! This isn't just anyone you could be meeting, I hear these guys are freaking trainees and they're from SM entertainment! Do you have any idea that you could possibly be going on a date with a future idol?!" She insisted grabbing Min Ah's arm and giving her a pleading look.

"Hey, here's an idea maybe I just don't want to date some arrogant future idol" Min Ah answered stopping in her tracks .

"But you don't even really have to date any of them! All you have to do is be the fifth girl at the date  and then after that day you don't even have to ever see any of them again!" She whined.

"Do you have any idea... how... annoying you are?" She asked, feeling her resolve start to crumble away.

"Oh this is just the beginning, I still have up until an hour before the date to nag and nag" She said with bright smile on her face.

"We have exams to see what colleges we're going to get into next week, shouldn't we be studying for those instead?" Min Ah said adjusting the strap on her backpack.

"One night will not cost us our grades, stop making excuses Min Ah! Come onnn" She insisted tugging her arm gently.

"My parents wouldn't like it you know" She shot back, grasping at the last of her excuses.

"Your parents live in America for their business and you live on your own this year. You could throw a wild party every night and they would never know!" Ji Young answered quickly, seeing success get closer and closer.

"Hmm.... good point, then I guess I'll have to... just stay home and study, go find someone else Ji Young" Min Ah repeated as she turned to head into class.

"Wait! You should remember that a long time ago, I helped you out with that little incident we had back in 9th grade and what was it that you said to me? Oh yeah, I believe you said 'I owe you one'? Well I didn't want to use it now, but you leave me no choice" She said as stood triumphantly.

"Fine! Only because you're my friend and also, I know I'm saving myself from your relentless nagging, but I'm only going this once and I am not looking for a boyfriend" Min Ah insisted as she looked straight into her friend's eyes.

Ji Young nodded happily and ran off to catch her class after waving goodbye to her. Min Ah shook her head as she went to take a seat in her English class. She smiled to herself as she remembered how hard her friend had tried to convince her. She had even shown up at her apartment with a cup of warm coffee this morning. The rest of the day passed in another dull blur and before she knew it she was at home trying to find something to wear. She settled on something simple yet still cute and pulled the ribbon that held her hair up as she took a look in the mirror.

Finally deciding to leave her hair down and put on a little make up she checked the time and grabbed her bag, running down stairs to catch a cab to the coffee place they were all going to meet at. As the cab got closer to their destination she found that she was surprisingly nervous. Butterflies fluttered in her stomach and she fiddled with the strap on her bag as the cab came to a stop. She thanked the cab driver after she paid him and walked in, relieved when she saw Ji Young with a group of other girls.

"So... for someone who didn't want to come you certainly made sure to look good" Ji Young muttered playfully into her ear.

"Shut up, you're the one that wanted me to come" She muttered back, despite the soft blush that spread across her face.

"Why the hell are you here Min Ah? I thought you'd be too busy studying to do any... oh, I don't know fun?" Sol Bi said snidely.

Min Ah looked up at her and scoffed, choosing to ignore her comment. She sent a glare to Ji Young who shrugged in apology. Sol Bi and Min Ah had never gotten along and she saw no reason to try to change that now. Now she realized why Ji Young had called a couple of hours ago to tell her how thankful she was and how they should always be friends. Sighing deeply, she decided to just let it go, it was just going to be one night and then she could put this all behind her, no reason to cause a scene when she had already agreed to come.

"Ji Young!" Called a guy who walked in with his friends.

"Onew!" She called back waving enthusiastically. Min Ah raised her brow, shocked at her friend's sudden perkiness.

They followed the five guys to a large table where they all sat. It was a bit awkward, Min Ah realized as she looked them over, surprised when her eyes met the tallest one. She quickly looked away, acting as if nothing had happened. Min Ah quickly reminded herself, that no matter how good looking they may be, she had only come here as a favor.

"So, let's split up then!" Ji Young said happily, snapping Min Ah back into the conversation.

Split up? Just how long did I space out?!

Min Ah turned to stare at her friend who skillfully avoided her gaze.

"Ok so you guys close your eyes and we'll each place an object of ours on the table, then you'll each pick a random one and then we can go our own ways?" She asked.

"That sounds great, come on guys" Onew said as he closed his eyes and the rest did the same.

"Split up?! I thought the whole point of the group date was to be a group!" Min Ah hissed in her friend's ear.

"Right to be a group... until we split up! It'll be better that way! You can't back out now!" She said as she dug around in her purse.

"I swear Ji Young, just wait until I get you alone you owe me big time! No like three times as much!" She muttered angrily as she reached for the first thing that her hand came in contact with.

They each placed their small objects in the center of the table, Min Ah hesitating before she placed her silver compact mirror along with the rest.

"Can we open our eyes now?" Jonghyun asked.

"Of course!" Sol Bi answered laughing with what Min Ah assumed was supposed to be flirtation.

They each took turns as one by one they picked out an object. Min Ah watched, mildly interested as Onew picked out Ji Young's hair clip. She wondered if she was happy as she tried to decipher any sort of emotion past the happy face Ji Young had put on ever since the guys walked in. She flicked her eyes back to the center in time to see him pick up  her mirror and smile at her. Min Ah stared, slightly dazzled by the smile before she looked away.

Right, they aren't future idols for nothing, of course they know how to charm girls

She watched when one by one a guy stood up and the girl would follow until the only four left were Onew, Minho, Ji Young, and Min Ah.

"Well, I guess it's my turn" Onew said as he stood up.

"Hahaha and I guess it's my turn too then" Ji Young said as she too quickly got up, excited that out of the five, Onew had picked her hair clip, "Bye Min Ah! Call me later!" She called as she happily walked away with a smiling Onew.

Min Ah watched in surprise as her friend just left her and turned back to meet with the smiling guy in front of her.

"Let me introduce myself again" He said as he stood up, "My name is Choi Minho and I think this belongs to you" He finished as handed her the mirror.

"Um... thanks" She said awkwardly not quite sure how to respond, as she took back her mirror and placed it in her purse.

"So where do you want to go?" He asked her as he held the door open for her when they stepped out.

"Actually... I have a long day at school tomorrow..." She began, unsure how to proceed.

"Your friend forced you to come didn't she?" He asked a low chuckle coming from him.

"I wouldn't say forced, but yeah. I just... don't think it's fair if we go on when I really have no intentions to go out with you" Min Ah said bluntly.

"Wow, you're direct. How did I receive the honor of becoming your last pick?" He asked her with a smile on his face as they began to walk in no general direction.

"What? No! You've misunderstood, it's not you, I just... I'm not looking for a boyfriend or a date right now, I really came as a favor. Sorry that you had to get stuck with me" She said, hating how... boring and cold she must be sounding.

"Even if I had no chance to begin with, I for one am glad that I picked out your mirror" He said softly as he walked closer to her.

"I really... should get going now" Min Ah murmured, feeling her cheeks heat up.

"Sure I understand, where are you heading?" He asked her a carefree smile on his face as he got her a cab.

"I live in Gangnam-gu" She said as she pulled the door to the cab open.

"What a coincidence, that's just where I was going, mind if we share a cab? I'm a bit low on cash..." He asked.

Min Ah hesitated, but finally came to the conclusion that it would do no harm to share a cab right?

"That mirror, it's really beautiful. Where'd you get it?" He asked her, trying to break the awkward silence in the cab.

"It was my mother's she gave it to me as a birthday present when I turned 13, it's really special" She said with a small smile as her mind went back to that day.

"It looks really special and beautiful, when I first saw it, I had a feeling it might be yours" Minho said trying to seem absentminded.

Min Ah just looked at him, trying to figure out what to say when she looked past him and realized that it was time for her to get out.

"This is me up ahead" She told the cab driver as she made him pull over on a busy street. It wasn't far from her apartment and she didn't really feel comfortable letting Minho see where she lived. Honestly, she had no idea what kind of guy he was.

"Here, get out on my side, you'll get run over if you try to open the door there" Minho said as he stepped out to let her go through.

"Thanks" She said when he went to get back in the cab.

"No problem, even though it was a short night I had fun taking you home. Have a goodnight Min Ah" He finished as he shut the door behind him and the cab took off.

Min Ah walked back slowly, enjoying the night air. At least... the night hadn't been as bad as she thought. He really did seem like a nice guy.

"Hyung! Can you come get me?" Minho asked as he called Onew.

"I'm still on my date! What happened?! Where are you?" Onew asked worriedly.

"I'm in Gangnam-gu" He answered as he placed shoved his hand in his pocket, trying to stay warm.

"What the hell are you doing all the way over there and why can't you just take a cab back?" he asked as he smiled at Ji Young, who looked at him in question.

"Well, I can't take a cab back because I'm out of money and I'm all the way here because only for this one time, I admit my mistake, you were right this group date was the best idea you've ever had" Minho acknowledge as he began to walk in place.

"Did you strike out with Min Ah?" He asked, Ji Young looked up at the mention of her friend's name and sighed.

"I didn't strike out she didn't even give me the chance to take a swing! But that's ok, you know I don't give up easy. So I'll be waiting and since you're with her friend can you get me Min Ah's phone number? Thanks I'll be waiting" He said as he hung up before Onew got the chance to decline.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Well there you go, finally I got a chance to write the first chapter! ^-^

Thanks for reading and please subscribe & comment! <3