Truth

The struggles of a lion

And so we reached the last chapter. Enjoy!

I fixed some of the previous chapters format and colour. I didn't realised something was weird. So I apologised if you see any weird updates for quite some time. I don't really understand how AFF web works. (no, actually, I don't understand blogs or SNS well... I am like some old lady...)


 
"LEE-JAE-HWAN!"
 
"Huh, what???"
 
"Ken-ah, I been calling you for so many times! Focus, you are not in sync with us at all! We have done this choreography before, why are you getting it all wrong?" Hakyeon scolded angrily.
 
"Sorry, N-hyung..."
 
"Geez, we will take a 30 minutes break. Get your concentration back!"
 
It was the same dance they do all the time but he kept making mistakes. It was definitely his concentration but he could not control it.
 
It felt like a dream yet it also felt like reality.
 
Those words and that peck. It felt real. Why?
 
It's the medicine!!! Stop and focus Lee Jaehwan! Did falling sick made you crazy???
 
"Ken-ah? Are you alright? Is it because of your fever the other day?" Leo asked with a look of concern.
 
Before Leo could place his hand to check Ken's temperature, Ken backed away rapidly.
 
"I am fine... Don't worry."
 
If he comes any closer, my heart will burst!!! Plus the fact that I have been seeing him since morning doesn't help with wiping off that dream!!!
 
My mind! Stop playing tricks with me!
 
And so Ken decided to avoid Leo. And he was being extremely obvious about it.
 
At first, Leo did not read too much into the younger's actions but after 3 days of Ken blatantly running away from him whenever he was close, he snapped.
 
"Why are you avoiding me?" 
 
"Eh? Who? Me?"
 
"Don't pretend, Ken. You know what I mean."
 
"I didn't. I mean it! Hyung!"
 
Leo merely glared at the younger before leaving him alone.
 
But I can't stop myself. If I am close to him, I keep remembering those words... Aish, what are you doing Lee Jaehwan.
 
I am sorry, hyung, if only my brain stops imagining weird stuff then I won't have to run...

 

 
It became awkward back at the dorm after their last interaction. None of the other members could take the increasing awkwardness between the their main vocals and so Hakyeon took action.
 
"The four of us are going to go out for a while. Taekwoon, Jaehwan, I expect you to settle whatever that is causing the problem."
 
Leo and Ken were about to protest but N cut them off.
 
"It's so obvious that all of us cannot take it anymore. So resolve it. Stop being so awkward. It's affecting the team. Taekwoon, you better remember what we discussed before."
 
With that, Hakyeon and the rest left the dorm.
 
Silence filled the room and the heavy atmosphere threatened to suffocate the two main vocals. After a long pause, Leo decided to start talking.
 
"Did I do something wrong to you, Ken-ah?"
 
"..."
 
"If you don't say anything, I won't know."
 
"..."
 
"Jaehwan-ah, please. Tell me what's wrong. I don't understand why you are avoiding me." Taekwoon pleaded earnestly.
 
"Hyung... Do you like me?" Ken finally mustered all his courage to drop the question.
 
"Of course, I do! You are like a younger brother to me!" It broke Leo's heart to give such an answer but he promised N that he would not hurt Ken or the team.
 
If he knows and things become more awkward, it will be bad...
 
"I don't mean it that way..." Ken replied weakly while biting the bottom of his lips
 
"Then... what-"
 
Ken interrupted, "Hyung, I like you. No, I love you and it is not only as a member or family. I see you as someone I want to be with every day."
 
"I..." Leo sat there and looked at Ken blankly.
 
"I was avoiding you because I heard you saying that you love me too and you even gave me a peck when I was sick! I thought that it was a dream but yet it felt so realistic... Aish! I am heading into the room. Just pretend that I didn't say anything!"
 
Jaehwan ran a hand in his hair in frustration and turned to leave. But a strong pull on his wrist sent him right into the other's chest.
 
Taekwoon hugged him firmly, refusing to let go. When Jaehwan realised, he panicked.
 
"Hyung? Taekwoon-hyung?"
 
"I love you. Lee Jaehwan."
 
"What... I..." Jaehwan stuttered while his face continued to burn.
 
"It's not a dream. This is also not a dream." Taekwoon hugged Jaehwan even tighter till the latter felt that he was going to be out of breath.
 
"Hyung, I love you too... but let me go... I can't breathe..." Jaehwan choked out.
 
Taekwoon let Jaehwan go reluctantly and looked into the younger's eyes. Slowly, Jaehwan moved closer and pecked his beloved hyung's lips. Before he could pull back, the older grabbed his neck and kissed him fully on the lips. Jaehwan widened his eyes but the softness of his hyung's lips made him closed them eventually.
 
Neither was willing to break the kiss and pressed even closer to each other. They stayed like that for a long time. It was a simple kiss but it conveyed the feelings they kept hidden for the whole time.
 
*click*
 
The sound of the shutter brought them back to reality. They broke the kiss and found the culprit showing the most brilliant dimpled smile before hiding behind the other three men.
 
"LEE HONGBIN! THE PICTURE OR ELSE!"

 


 
And so we reached the end of the story.  I feel a little empty when I finished this but I supposed this is normal.
I realised that my ending notes are really long... ahaha
 
Thank you for supporting my story and reading it! When I posted the first chapter, I was really happy to see people read it and comment about it.
*cries tears of joy*
I believe that my writing still needs lots of improvement and perhaps the story might have sound strange at some parts but hopefully I will be able to do better next time.
 
It was so much fun writing this and I am glad that I did this story. The next two chapters are Navi and Hyukbin-centered. I can't promise a sequel for them so read at your own risk!
 
Thank you once again for subscribing and reading this story. I am also very thankful for the upvotes.
 
Till the next story appears! (I am lacking inspiration these days... ahaha)