Scared

Enhanced

On our way home it started to rain. It reminded me of that night when Taehee had found me and helped me. It got me wondering, why did she help a stranger? It still confused me why she was so kind. Did she not see the news of all the women that get kidnapped from doing these type of things? 

Taehee pulled out something from her colored purse. She unwrapped it and opened it to put it above our heads. It was a red umbrella with white polka dots randomly place on it. 

"Come closer, you'll get wet." She held the umbrella high up to fit me under. Her arms struggled to get the umbrella over my head.

"Here," I grabbed it out of her hands, "I'll hold it." 

"Thanks." She smiled. She was so bubbly, like a bright child curious about the world around them. 

The night life was beautiful also. I've never been out in it myself before. I have only seen it through movies or pictures, just like most things that I am fascinated with. Taehee was right beside me leading me which way lead to home. It was like she was my guide to this whole new world.

"Um, so..." She took a few seconds to decipher her thoughts. "What happened earlier? Like with the...you know, hiding me." I thought she would be wonder why. I was surprised she hadn't asked me about it sooner.

"Well, you know I'm not 'normal' already." It was a given. "It's a long story." I sighed.

"I guess you don't wanna talk about it to me, but it's understandable." She talked in a positive tone. "You've only just met me so I can see why. I'm still waiting for the other story. Maybe you'll tell me it when we get closer." Did she want us to become closer? 

"It's not that I don't want to tell you. I just don't know how to tell you. It's a really complicated story I could say." I did want to tell her. I trusted her. It was amazing how much I could. 

"Take your time." She was so kind. Out of all the people that could of picked me up it was her. What are the odds?

We arrived home and she went to go wash up. I didn't really know what to do alone in her home. It was kind of awkward. I waited for her to come out of the bathroom, but I felt like I was a bit desperate to do that. I went back to the living room and tried to make it look like I wasn't waiting for her. 

"Did you need the shower?" I jumped. For the first time in life I jumped, why didn't I feel her presence coming near? Weird. "Did I scare you?" She chuckled, "I'm already done with the bathroom so I was wondering if you need to wash up too."

"Do I just use your shampoo?" I was kinda new to this too. I mean I knew how to shower just not how to properly shower in someone else's home.

"You can use my brothers. He wouldn't mind since he barely comes over. I don't think you would want your hair smelling like-"

"Strawberries and clementines, laced with a hint of lavender?" She was confused and surprised. I would be too if I was just a normal human. "I can smell it from over here."

"Another one of your abilities?" Taehee looked fascinated. "That's amazing!" She awed. "What else can you smell in here?" 

"Just in here? Oh, I can smell the spicy rice cake stand down the road since you have your window open." Her expression became that of a child's. She crawled onto the couch and asked for what else I could do.

I told her about it. I told her all of my abilities and what I was capable of doing. You would think people would be afraid of me, but she wasn't. She wanted to know more about me. She was different from others, she was unique. I started to love that about her. 

I decided to do it. To tell her why so was here. Why I was in the streets bloody and wounded. Part of me was against the idea. It told me that it was unsafe. But the other part had its total trust in her. 

"You know when you found me?" The air around us became serious as those words came out of my mouth. "Why I was there was because of the doctors who...who made me like this." I looked at my hands. It reminded me of who I was and why I was like this. My reason for having these powers, no mutations. "They made me....something terrible. You don't know it but I can do things that are so horrible. I was only meant to kill. To kill innocent people. I was made...a monster." Her eyes grew sincere and soft. As if she was going to cry for me.

"You are not a monster." She held my cheek in one hand. "You are you. You are Kim Myungsoo. You're still a human, here,"she pointed to my heart, "is proof that you are a human. You are a caring person with a kind heart." She let go of my face and held her hands in her lap. "The real monsters are the people that do the brutal actions, who enjoy the hurting of others, and the ones that love the screams of fear." She talked as if she knew what one monster was.

"Thank you...thank you for being the one who found me. If it were anyone else I think I would be dead right now." Her words made me feel welcomed. The phrases were heartfelt.

 

I told her everything. Every single bit of it. To the foods we ate to the training we recieved. She held nothing against me and still looked at me as who I was an not the reason for being it. The reason for being modified to hurt the innocent people and take over the the goverment just for the money. She sat and she listened, adding her comments here and there. I only knew her for this short amount of time but she made it seems like I did for years. Her friendliness and care treated me like she didn't care that I knew her for only a brief day.

Her eyelids began to become heavy. Taehee tried her best t stay awake but I knew she was failing. The clock struct at !0:00pm and her petite body fell into my arms. She was dead tired. It was a hectic day for her with me here. I know she didn't want me to feel like a burden here so she didn't show it. I picked her off the couch and placed her onto her bed. Placing her blankets over her and tucking her in. Her face was at peace and I read no signs of distress.

"Goodnight," I whispered as I left the room, "and thank you once more."

 


Taehee POV

Slowly I opened my eyes to my room that was lite brightly due to the sun. I don't remember coming to bed. I tried recalling the memories from last night and finally remembered the scene of e falling asleep on Myungsoo. Crap, how could I do that? I looked beside me expecting to see him sleeping there but he was no where to be found.

I quietly stepped out of my room trying to not make a single noise. The door squeaked and I cursed at myself. I spotted him on the couch and saw him curled up in a ball. It must of been cold this morning. I grabbed one of my extra blankets and laid it on top of him, making sure it covered all of him.

 

It was a Saturday and I had nothing to do today. I firgured just staying home would be fine but would Myungsoo want to do that? What if he wanted to go out again. Maybe his manly instincts are klling him and he wants to go meet some girls. I mean he was in the lab all of his life. Twenty-three years is a really long time of course he wants to see some pretty girls. Perhaps he might want to take it even further with some girls and...

"Ugh Taehee what are you thinking?" I talked to myself. "I'm going crazy."

I wondered what kind of food he would like. Maybe he'd like black bean noodles, pork cutlets, or maybe cold noodles. He did say he hasn't been able to eat all the foods that he has seen before. I wasn't sure how they could only eat those bland foods everyday. 

It was around 8:00am when I heard the rustling on the couch. He slowly sat up with his eyes squinted from the light of day. He ruffled his hair together through his fingers. With a final stretch and yawn he got up from his half asleep state.

He had just noticed I was there sitting in the kitchen preparing ingredients to cook. He seemed confused with himself, like something was on his mind about something. Maybe it was just because it was the morning. 

"Good morning." I greeted him.

"Good," He cleared his raspy throat, "morning to you too."

"You can go ahead and take a shower if you want. By the time your done I think breakfast would be ready." He stared into space for a few moments before comprehending what I had just said.

"Oh, yeah, I'll go do that." He rubbed his eyes. "I'll be back in a little then."

He left the room walking slowly, still trying to get his body to coordinate with itself. I giggled at his cuteness. Even he has his exhausting mornings. I heard the click of the shower head then came the sound of the water. Simple showering is something he did before right?

I became lost in my thoughts while cooking. Things like, if he would still be here with me in a few months or if he would move out. How about his education? Wouldn't it be too late for that now. Even though his skills are marvelous he doesn't have his degree. What if one day those people find him again? 

"Would they ever find him..." I mumbled to myself.

"Depends on how good I hide. Maybe I'll find them instead too." He was leaning against the wall of the hallway in a black t-shirt and pair of jeans. His hair was still wet and the strands still stuck to his face.

"How did you hear-" He pointed to his ears.

"Forget already?" Myungsoo said teasingly.

"What are the things that you can't do?" I joked back to him.

"Well, I can't cook. I can only chop things. If you left me to cook a meal alone I would end up burning down this whole building by accident." I shook his shoulders up and down.

"But you would be the one to save it from burning." It was true.

 

 

 

Having him here was comfortable. It was less lonely everyday. He filled up a certain empty space that the house had. Slowly he grew onto me. A couple of weeks had gone by and he became a person I would look forward to seeing when I got home.

Turns out he loves to watch anime. The day I showed it to him he was hooked. I usually come home to see him watching it on the TV. Also when I'm out he'll sometimes honour on his own. He has gone all the way to Busan before, without a taxi. He had just told me it was for a work out.

That reminded me that he had a habit of training now. After years of doing so he does it naturally now. I debated about getting him a membership at the gym but he insisted not to. I joined in on his "runs" one time. I will never go again. He forgets that he can run faster than a average human. Catching up to him even when he is slow running was a challenge.

He grew more of a personality now. He was quiet at times but others he was a total weirdo. It kind of surprises me on how bipolar he is. I joked about him having a multiple personality disorder, but he went along with it. He was caring and would watch over every little thing I did to make sure I didn't get hurt. All I did before was get a paper cut and he freaked out about it. It was pretty funny.

 

Here we were today. It was already the middle of December. Christmas was coming up and I needed to go shopping for some decorations. The city had already been covered in a a sheet of the small ice crystals. Houses were set up with colorful lights and decorated pine trees showed through the windows.

"Hey Myungsoo I'm going out did you want to come with me?" He sat on the couch watching his anime.

"Hm? Where are you going?" He turned his attention toward me and let his show go on.

"Shopping for some Christmas stuff. My brother and a few friends are coming to celebrate it here. Oh, you'll finally meet them!" It felt odd being excited that he was going to meet my friends and my brother.

"Wouldn't your friends find it weird for a random man to be living in your apartment?" I forgot about that detail.

"Uh...Maybe I could say your a friend that I had but departed with. Then I met you again and found out you had no where to stay." Myungsoo curled his lips in.

"Sounds like a good idea, I think." He was unsure on how they would react.

"Aren't you the smart one here?" He was super skilled in these departments.

"I mean we can't tell them that you found a man bloody and injured on the side of the road, and decided to help him. And it also turns out that the man is a geneticly modified human being and has special skills that could potentially take over the world?" 

"We'll just go with the lost friend story." I packed some more things into my purse. "So, you coming?" 

"Sure." He got up and patted himself down. "Let's go."

 

The streets were once again crowded around this time of year. Everyone was buying gifts and taking their lovers out to eat. We stopped by the first store and searched around for some decor. While only finding a few things I noticed that Myungsoo wasn't his self.

He was acting suspicious. Everytime we went out of the house there was this aura around him. When I would look at him, his eyes would dart around us. Making sure no one was skeptical or suspected of. I've only bang it up once, but he said it was nothing with a small smile. I knew he was lying, I didn't want to ask him since he always stayed off the topic. 

"Hey, you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, nothing to worry about." He faked his smile. "Just stay close to me."

"Then don't scatter off without me." His face was still serious. "Gosh, that face is so solemn." I pressed my thumbs onto the corners of his lips. "Don't fake it." He chuckled and there was the real stunning smile he had.

We had walked in and out of stores trying to find the perfect things. He had told me he never knew shopping could be so stressfull. He acted tired but I knew he still had the energy to walk. If he could run to different towns and cities then he could walk around some stores.

Before I knew it I had walked off some where and Myungsoo wasn't by me. I could find his face out of the number of people there. I got scared of being lost or losing him. My guts had started to turn and I soon got nervous. I searched around for him grabbing each guy that looked like him, but apologizing after seeing it wasn't him.

The words of "Just stay close to me." rang through my head. I held fists in my hands and because aware to everyone beside me. Watching out for any one that seemed out of the ordinary. No one here looked like they cared about me. Was I just being too paranoid?

Someone pulled my arms back and I stopped my momentum of moving. It was like the usual pull I would receive from Myungsoo so I instantly turned to see him.

"Myung-!" It was a different man. He wore sun glasses so I couldn't really figure out what he looked like but he was awfully tall. He towered over me and I knew I couldn't run away.

He pulled us into a darker alley and cover my nose and mouth with a piece of cloth. I had thought it was nothing in till I started to see black spots in my vision. Before I could fight I had out. But I remember the split second of hearing the man say "Sorry." 


Myungsoo POV

"Taehee! Oh Taehee!" I screamed my lungs out. My fingers were sweating and my heart rate had gone up. Were they following us? , I knew we shouldn't have gone out tonight. 

My breath started to hitch and I felt my nervous nerves beginning to effect me. It had been a half an hour since I had lost her. I should of paid more attention to her than the people around us. Maybe she wouldn't be lost if I did. 

*Ding Ding*

The sound of Taehee's notifications on her phone had gone off. I forgot she had given me her phone earlier since she had no pockets. I withdrew the phone out and saw a new message appear on the screen of her phone. I slid my finger across the screen and revealed a photo with a message.

I felt my whole body become afraid. The photo was sent by a anonymous number. My eyes widened and my heart stopped. The photo showed her tied up and blinded. It was my fault.

Anonymous: Scared yet? Come and get her pretty sleeping beauty please~ Come to the old factory house down the Han River 

My fists clenched and I didn't care about we would happen to me at this point. What would happen to her was what I was afraid of. Before anyone in the crowd would see me disappear I ran as fast at I could. The picture haunted me. She was knocked out cold. Who knows what they could of done to her already.

"I'm sorry Taehee-ah...It's because I got into your life."


A/N 

I'm honestly really mad at myself right now

1. For not updating in months

And 

2. This chapter a** [excuse the language]

I'm disappointed in myself. But this was all I could get out of this nut brain of mine. 

I really apologize for not updating *bows*

Now for a gif set.

CR: OWNERS

This boy is so weird. It makes him even more adorable.

I want to do this to him one day too ;-;

I want him to look at me like this too XD

Well bye bye for now  ㅠㅠ 

I can't grantee when I'll update again but I'll try when I can!!!