Beginnings

Enhanced

Blood seeped through the gray training suit and dripped down the soft armor on my chest. My lungs clenched hard when I inhaled a small amount of oxygen and my legs felt weak. I could barely keep my eyes open as my eyelids were begging to fall down. Drips of raindrops start to pour down the bright city of Seoul. People too drunk to notice me and it being too dark to even see me. 

My legs gave up on me and I fell heading straight for the ground. I couldn't feel anything but only hear the droplets of water hit the ground in small tunes. I looked at the small golden necklace laced around my rough fingers. They never abandoned me, it was them who took me away. I gripped the necklace in anger. 

"Sir!'" I heard in the faint distance. "Sir are you alright?" The voice came closer. A gentle hand touched my face. From the simple skin contact I felt warmth run over my body. "I'm gonna get you to a hospital." The lady wrapped one of my arms around her neck and attempted to pick me up. 

"N-no...no hospital...it's-" I tried to get the words through my lips but it never fully came through.

"But sir, your badly injured." She tried to talk to me but realized my inability to talk right now.

"Anywhere....but the hosp-" There were people there. People who were on their side. I know if I met them they would take me back there.

"Si-sir." I started to lose consciousness as my vision fell black. Cold and alone in the dark.


 

Taehee POV

"Hey, Taehee-yah!" Jikyung called me over. "Come on, come party with us." She held a glass of wine in the hand while dancing on the floor with a man she had just met.

"I'm good. I don't really wanna party." I felt awkward and out of place in the club my friends has taken me to. Every one was drinking and partying but me. I wasn't really one to like this kind of stuff. 

"Come on have some fun." She pulled me over and I could smell the alcohol in her breathe. "Dance with someone." She looked over the crowd of people that were dancing and rubbing against eachother.

"Hey baby, wanna dance?" A random man tapped my shoulder.

"No thank you, I'm fine." I said the nicest way I could trying not to get him mad.

"Just have some fun." He grabbed me rapidly and pulled me closer to him as his hands traveled to a place where they shouldn't be. He d my buttcheeks and smirked a dirty grin. 

"ert!" I slapped him across the face automatically as he touched me. He let go and was stunned by my sudden actions. Before anything else could of gone on I walked straight out of the club. 

How could a person touch one they had just met like that? It was disgusting and dirty. Men like that were animals and only craved for . I just shook it off and started heading home. This was the last time I would go to the club with friends again. 

The nieborhood I was walking by was dark and filled with drunks. I ignored the nuisance and brushed off every man who ask me to spend the night with them. That's when he caught my eye. He was limping dragging himself on the wall. I had only seen it from afar and didn't notice his wounds. He suddenly fell to the ground and I froze scared if he was dead or not. 

"Sir!" I tried to scream out while I ran over to his body. "Sir, are you alright?" But by the looks of it, he wasn't alright what so ever. I lifted my hand to his face to check if his body was still warm. His face was so cold and he looked so dead. "I'm gonna get you to a hospital." I picked him up by his arm and started to lead him down the road.

"N-no...no hospital...it's-"

"But sir, your badly injured." I noticed his hard time speaking and didn't try arguing with him to take him to the hospital.

"Anywhere....but the hosp-" His body started to slow and his head fell. 

"Si-sir." I paniced as he out. "Taxi!" I called. I dragged the mans body into the vehicle and told the driver my address. If the man didn't want to go to the hospital then my house was the next best choice.

I paid for the taxi fare and made my way up to my apartment without any suspicion. As soon as the elevator door opened up onto my floor, I tried my very best to drag the man to my room. I laid him down onto my bed and continued to check his wounds.

I began to take off his clothes and had already gotten my first aid kit. As I took off his shirt I was astonished of what I was seeing. The open cuts and bullet shots healing right before my eyes. Not fully, but it had closed up the deepest wounds. What was this? How could injuries like this be healing at this speed? I was creeped and had yet to noticed what I had put myself into.

Regardless of the inhuman like healing speed I needed to help this man. I looked for the deepest cuts and began sewing them. I rubbed the blood off with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol rub and started to wipe his body down as it started to rapidly heat up in a odd speed. One minute he was cold the next he was burning hot. Soon his body was calm, like nothing happened. I tucked him in my bed after I had cleaned it from the red blood stains. I checked his forehead with my hand once again to see if he still had a fever. 

"Mom..." Words mumbled out of his mouth. I let my hand go off of his head as he quick went to retrieve it. "Dont go....." He was sleep talking. His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes were moving rapidly as they were closed. He pulled me down to the bed along with him and hugged me tight. "Mom..." He said once again and as soon as he had me close to him his eye movement stopped and his breathing  became normal. 

"Bad dreams huh?" I said to myself. I looked closely at his face to see how handsome he really was. With all the blood wiped off and burises healed, I finally had a good look at him. Stunningly gorgeous, but I caught myself admiring him before I fell for his looks. You've only just met him, you don't even know his name. I just put to the side and soundly fell asleep.

 

 

The next morning was warm. He was still holding me in his arms but loosened his grip. I slid out of his cuddle and walked out the door quietly trying not to wake him. 

Before he would wake I needed to get him new clothes as his old ones were coated in blood. What had even happened to him? Should I be afraid of him? Anyways he was someone that was in need so that's something I helped with. 

I pulled out some clothes that my brother had left from the last time he visted. Just some simple clothing like a sweater and some jeans. I set it out on a chair in my room and proceeded to cook breakfast. 


 

Myungsoo POV

The smell of something sweet had filled my nostrils. I opened my eyes to find myself in a place I didn't recognize. I recalled my memories from the night before and could only remember a kind touch. Looking at my own body I saw that I was half . The tight training pants still on me. Checking my wounds I realized they were all healed. Not a surprise to me, but what did the person who stiched me up think...

I got up from the bed and saw a door to the left of my view. While turning the knob I entered a bigger room which lead me to where the sweet smell was.

"Your up?" A delicate voice called out. I turned to see a petite lady by the stove cooking something of some sort. "Uh..." She turned away embarrassed just realizing I was still shirtless. "I have some clothes in the room that I got out for it. It might not fit but I hope it'll do." 

I analyzed her body language as well as her tone in her voice. She seems to be a good person as she didn't really have any motive to kill me. 


 

Taehee POV

Why was I getting flustered now when last night I had seen his bare body too. I heard the click of the door and let out a breath.

"Your too easily embarrassed, Oh Taehee." I talked to myself. I heard the door click again and I turned my attention back to him. "Does it fit well? Come sit over here I have something for you to eat." He didn't respond and only sat down in a chair. "Here you go." I set the plate of food on the table for him. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Were you the one to stich me up?" He asked. His voice was a little rough but sweet at the same time. "Did you happen to see..."

"Ah, yeah I was the one who did and yeah...I saw." I hoped he was referring to the inhuman healing. 

"..." His eyes looked lost as he stared at his food.

"Can I ask another question?" I was curious about something.

"Ah....yeah, go on." He was awkward when answering.

"Are you........human?" As it came out of my mouth it sounded weirder than I planned it to be.

"Human?...Yes I would say so." He was still shy.

"A human that can heal in the speed of light?" I was halfy sarcastic.

"I am human...just not a regular one." He still hasn't eaten his food. "Thank you by the way...for helping."

"It's no problem, I felt liked I needed to help. Something in my gut said to." He was still super awkward as he tried not the look at my face. "You don't have to be so awkward around me. Here let's start off with this, what's your name?"

"Kim Myungsoo, and yours?" 

"Oh Taehee, it was a pleasure helping you." I bowed to joke around and saw a slight smile on his face. "Do you have a place to stay at?" I helped him when he was alone so I wasn't too sure if he had a home.

"..." He didn't say anything. "It's a long story..."

"You can tell me, I'm all ears."

"Ha, you might not believe in regular humanity afterwards." 

"Like I did after I saw your wounds?" He smiled again at my comment. Whenever he did he seemed so...innocent.

"I'll tell you....when I'm ready to. When I think you'll be able to conprehend it, I'll tell you everything." He thought back to what happened. 

"Sure..." I sensed a fear coming from him. His eyes were serious and stared straight at me. "You can stay here for as long as you would like. Since I know you have no where to I'll feel horrible just kicking you out."

"Really? A stranger like me in your home? Aren't you scared of me though? You saw how fast I healed." He was strucked with confusion.

"If you were a bad person wouldn't you have already done something to me?" I said thinking about it. "You did scare me at first, but I noticed the only part of your body that wasn't injured was your hands. You didn't hit back at the people who made you like that. Am I right?" He stood silent while averting his eyes away. I took that as a yes. I took a look at the clock and noticed how late it was getting. "Oh my gosh! Sorry, I have to leave right now. I'm late to class, if your hungry grab anything to eat in the refrigerator. I'll be going now! See you at 6!" I grabbed my belongings and sped out the door.

"What a strange girl." Myungsoo talked to himself.


[The night before] Myungsoo POV 

"These kids should never find out." I overheard Dr. Lim say to Dr. Park. "They'll turn against us."

"We need them for our plan." Dr. Park whispered back. "They'll never know either. We took them away when they were too young to even remember things." Took us away? What do they mean by that?

"But what if with their enhanced senses they remember? What happens then?" Dr. Lim panicked.

"They won't. If they do...then unfortunately we'll have to do protocol 7."

"But that means that we would have to get rid of them!?! Our work and our everything. We've spent 23 years on this and after one remembers we just kill all of them!?!" Kill us? What are they talking about? 

"If those kids find out what we did to their parents they'll kill us. They'll want their revenge." What did they do to our parents?

"What we did to them was brutal though. They'll do more than just kill us."

"They can't find out and they won't ever. The only people who really know what we did is us and their parents. That's why we executed their parents so they could say anything." Executed....meaning....murdered?

Everything was a lie? Our parents never left us. They died, no they were killed. They tried to protect is but they killed them. They murdered our parents. All of our parents were gone because of them. I felt the anger rush through my veins as I punched the door open.

"What were you saying? Executed?" The scientists eyes filled with fear. "You lied to me, you lied to all of us saying our parents left us to die!"

"N-no Myungsoo you heard wrong." He tried to cover it up. His speach and shaking hands gave it away.

"Oh, sorry did you forget that you gave me a stronger hearing ability? I think I heard just fine." I fisted my hand. "All these years I've believe your lie. I hated my parents and only had such little hope that they still loved me. Now I know they always had loved me, I hated them for leaving me, leaving me behind and ditching me off, but now I know that they were murdered when they still loved me." 

"Myung-myungsoo." Their voices stuttered and they were obviously scared. Then I heard alarms go off.

"Alarm 614 in protocol. All attack Subject #1 Kim Myungsoo." The speakers said.

"And this is your plan now? To kill me? Did you forget I'm more than cabable to kill you too. This thing, this mutant genetics, you gave me all of this!" The two scientists stood up straight and proud as the gun loaded behind me.

"Subject #1, we advise you to put down your threat." A guard had warned me.

The air was silent and the cold atmosphere filled with lies. Several guards stood around me ready to shoot at any moment. I knew exactly what guns they were using and how it functioned. The training wasn't for nothing. The second one shoots a bullet I know I'll be able to block it. 

"Sorry, but I've lived long enough in this hell hole." I kicked a guard and bullets shot off. I blocked one, hitting another guard behind me. The ruckus went on with gun shots being recklessly shot. Looks like these guards weren't trained as hard as I was.

"Get him! Kill him if you have to!" Dr. Park screamed for his life. Before I could even reach him, he and Dr. Lim had already escaped into the safe hole.

"Calling all Subjects, calling all Subjects. All attack Subject #1 plan 83." Plan 83? Heh, that plan was when any of us were to betray the team. The rest of the members would team up as they would fight the one person. Bad luck for that one subject to be me.

I was favored among my seven "brothers". It was I who received the strongest enhancements and I who was trained the hardest. I had abilities to no extent. Faster, stronger, smarter. In a whole building I could feel who came in and out. My brain will process a problem under seconds and figure it out right 99.9% of the time. But what made me different than all of them, what made me a monster, was my ability to heal. The deepest wounds healed in under six hours. I go through weird stages when my body is healing itself of deep wounds. I will black out and have heat flashes. Sometimes I won't wake up for days maybe weeks. 

"Myungsoo." The familiar smooth voice called out. Behind me stood the other six, my brothers, my family. "Why?"

"You don't understand Hyung." He shot me a glare with his small eyes.

"How could you betray us? No how could you betray them. They raised us, they made us better!"

"No Hyung they made us monsters!" I spat back at him. This was my first time even talking back to the older one. "Do you not see what they've done to us? We're not normal. We were trained to kill."

"Do you not appreciate what they did for us! They took us in while we were abandoned by our families!" His face was enraged and his hands held into fists.

"You are wrong Sungkyu, they-"

"Subject #1." The voice of a cunning man came out from the darkness of the halls. "You have crossed the lines of loyalty. You went against our sayings and attacked us. Now it is our turn." He gave a evil smirk and his eyes glowed with vicious intends. 

"Dr. Lim." I bit my tongue back.

"Ready, aim......." The crowd of guards were quiet and all loaded their guns. The six stood front of them ready to come at me. "Fire."

Gunshots were triggered and my brothers ran to fight against me. I felt the bullets pierce my skin and their punches to my faces. I wasn't going to fight my brothers back. I dodged their hits and avoided them to my best. With all the bullets being shot I slowed everything down with my mind. I speeded down the halls trying to make my escape. Turning my back I had a blind spot. Without knowing it they had a perfect chance.

Multiple shots were taken and my back felt like all hell was released. It stung and I knew how this would of killed a regular man. I felt my lungs clog up with blood and I spat the deep red substance out. The six of them looked at me with sorrow and I could feel the regret of every hit they gave me. They didn't want to believe that one of them had betrayed the rest. But that wasn't the truth to me. I didn't betray them, it was us who was betrayed. 

"I'm sorry." Was the last words I had been able to cough out for them. It shocked all of them and I made it a chance for my escape. I ran and used the rest of my energy to run faster than all of my brothers put together. All they saw was a flash and I was gone. 

I entered a room we were forbidden to ever enter. Room 188. Always warned that this room was dangerous and could even kill us with our skills. Knowing all the lies they have told us I didn't even believe this one. I hid there, weak, unable to move. Nothing was special about this room. It was only filled with boxes and dust. 

The boxes were labeled with numbers 1-7. I picked out box #1 knowing it had something to do with me. My figers twitched as I reached for the white box. I pulled it out slowly and placed the lightly onto my lap.

I hesitated to open it. I wasn't sure of what was in it but I felt as if it ment something meaningful to me. As the cover left the full structure I saw a photo of a happy family. One beautiful mother and a handsome father. They were holding a little being...their son. Me. My mother and father that I would never see anymore. I would never get to say a word to the ones who brought me to this world. Never will I see their faces or be able to hug their bodies. Regret, anger, sadness, hurt, these were what I was feeling. 

I picked up the small black container at the bottom of the box. It contained a golden necklace with a circular bar around the chain. It was ingraved with the words "My Son". Underneath the necklace laid a piece of paper. I unfolded it and it read.

 Dear my handsome son,

I hope you've become such a successful man by now. Your probably all grown and maybe even married with kids too. Mom just gave birth to you right now. You're as beautiful as ever. You have your fathers nose and eyes, while you have my lips. Who knew our first child would be so goodlooking. We're so blessed to have you. Such a lovely baby boy so healthy and strong. Father is proud of you already. We can't wait to see you grow up. To see your little limbs grow into a full grown man. To see you go off to college and find a career. We hope you'll always love us and cherish your memories with us. To our handsome son, we love you

From your loving mother of the past

I read as my mother intended to give me this when I was older. My heart clenched and I felt pain. I felt the water of my eyes seek its way out but I didn't let them fall. I would keep my parents proud and avenge them. Avenge their death and give them what they would want.

I love you to my loving mother and father.


 

A/N

That's the end of Chapter 1

Hope it sparked a interest in you!

I'm actually really excited about this fanfic and I hope that you guys will love it!

 Please comment down your opinions and what you feel for the fanfic! I love reply to certain comments 

Thank you and see you in the next chapter!