Page 4: Bitter Memories

Can I confess my love to you?

“Kim Jaejin!!!” Wonwoo smacked Jaejin’s head in anger from behind “Ya! Do you want to get beaten up?”

“Hahahaha. Calm down, dude~”

“Calm down?! You make me embarassed like crazy!”

Jaejin just chuckled in response. He still didn’t feel guilty at all. “Come on~ Sit down first, buddy.” He patted Wonwoo’s back as sitting on one of the table of their cafetaria.

Wonwoo sighed in stress because he knows how carefree Jaejin is, and that’s why he can’t get angry to him seriously.

“Did she saw what’s written there?” Jaejin casually asked then drink his favorite strawberry milk.

Wonwoo was paused for a moment before he answered Jaejin’s question with uncertain tone. “I don’t know. Most likely.... yes.... Or maybe, not.... I’m not sure.”

Jaejin raised his eyebrows in confuse. “What kind of answer is that?! Can’t you be more sure? I mean.... Okay, I’ll make it easier, did she pick it up?”

“...Um.” Wonwoo nodded shyly.

“Really?!” Jaejin almost choke up because he actually didn’t expect it.

“Ya! That’s because of you, jerk!”

“What?! No~ I thrown it to you, okay? Not her....” Jaejin words success to make Wonwoo sigh in self blame. “....Okay, I admitted it’s partly my fault too. But  what’s happened after that? Did you talk to her?”

“Of course not. Our first subject was vocal practices, and all of us got into different practice rooms in no time until the first break. Did you forget your own routines?” Wonwoo responsed plainly.

“Aaah, my bad.” Jaejin just grinned foolishly but then he look into Wonwoo’s eyes sharply. “Well, Jeon Wonwoo... to be honest.... why do you have to be this obvious?”

“Obvious about what?”

“Geez... Should I told you about it first?! Don’t be so dense.”

“Wha...what are you talking about? I don’t get it.” Somehow, Wonwoo actually understand what Jaejin was trying to say, but he choose to ignore it.

Jaejin just smirked by Wonwoo’s stuttered voice. “Trying hard to find some excuses, huh?”

“I’m not!”

“But you’re panicked. Because you know that what’s I’m thinking about rightnow is true.”

“.........” Wonwoo can’t argue back anymore. His minds is so busy with his self denial.

“You can’t fool me.... I know you too well....” Jaejin’s words really hit Wonwoo at the right place.

“....I just don’t understand.... And I’m not trying to fooling anyone.” Wonwoo mumbled softly..

“But you’re trying to fool yourself"

".....Since when, Jaejin-ah?” Wonwoo asked blankly.

“Eh?”Jaejin didn’t get what did Wonwoo's trying to ask.

Wonwoo tried to mustered up his confidence by taking a deep breath. “Since when you started to notice it.... while I don’t even know about it.”

Jaejin smiled in relieved after he knew that his bestfriend finally start to being honest to himself. “Um.... Maybe since the admission ceremony when we were still freshman back then.”

“What?!” Wonwoo can’t be more surprised by Jaejin’s answer.

“You may not realized it, Wonwoo-ah. But I knew it right away from the very first time you glued your eyes at her..... You hear me? Glued.”

 

---------------

“Is that girl is still coming to school?” A fierce-looking-girl talked to her friend as fixing her make up in front of the mirror.

“Oh... That ‘Oh’? I don’t think she’ll even dare to show her face again in front of us.” The other short-haired-girl just leaned her back to the bathroom’s wall. “But I slightly saw her at our new term ceremony last week.”

“Well, she can come to school all she wants, but she’ll never has any guts to lay her fingers on our oppa anymore, right~?” Both of them giggled heartfully without noticing that the person they’re talking about was just arrived at the bathroom door.

“True~ But, should we warn her once more? Just in case if she forget about it after the new terms break.”

“Hahahahaha, shall we?”

“Warn?” Hayoung finally broke their laugh with her cold tone. “....You don’t have to do those kind of things anymore. Everything about me and him is over.” She walks towards them in confidence, tho her hands was trembled so much.

“Woah~ Oh Hayoung, what a surprise~ Did you eavesdropping on us?” The fierce-looking-girl approached Hayoung with a smirk.

“...I’m not that low.” Hayoung was actually so scared to face them. She grabbed her phone so tight without knowing that she already dialed Namjoo’s number.

“Woah, how arrogant~ So this is your true color, Oh Hayoung?”

“If this is the true me, then what do you gonna do? Are you gonna called over your gangs to bully me here once again?” Hayoung couldn’t calm her emotions, just to make them more pissed in advance.

“What?!..... Hahahaha, you’ve become so good at talking, huh?!” They grabbed Hayoung’s hand forcefully. “But let’s drop the talking here. And let’s reminisce the old memories between us once again.... Oh Hayoung.”

 

---------------

“Namjoo-ah, it seems like you have a phone call.” Namjoo’s friend pointed at her bag.

“Really?” Namjoo cassually walks to her desk and check on her phone. Not long after that, she suddenly strom out from her class with really worried face.

“Namjoo! Where are you going?! Our class will start in five minutes!” Her friend shouted.

“I need to save my sister first!!” She shouted back without even turn her head then dissappear in seconds.

 

Namjoo was keep talking to her phone but the only answer she got was some unclear girls voices. “Where are you rightnow, Hayoungie.... Where are you.... Please answer me....” She was fast-walking thorough her school corridors and trying to find Hayoung.

“God.... Please...” She almost start to cry until she finally could hear some pouring water sounds from her phone. “Aah.... Girls’ bathroom!”

She run rightaway with all of her might as thinking about how she could save Hayoung in the best way. “Hayoungie.... Wait for me....” She can’t hold her tears and keep running to the second year girls’ bathroom, until she saw someone familiar in front of her.

Someone who Namjoo believed can free Hayoung from her bullying at once.

 

--------------

“Don’t think so high about yourself, Oh Hayoung.” The short haired girl whispered besides Hayoung's ear, after drowned her face into the sink.

“Hh... Hh... You’re the one who make yourself become this low.” Hayoung keep offends them, tho she even hardly manage her own breath.

“You b'tch!” The other girl just about to slap Hayoung until someone voice suddeny stopped her hands. “Stop it!” His deep voice success to froze all of them.

Wonwoo stands behind them with really mad expression. "You....." He can't hold his anger after he looked at Hayoung's messy condition. “Let go your dirty hands from her.” He demanded coldly, but all of them just too surprised with his sudden appearance.

“You leave me no choice.” He forcefully pushed them, then grabbed Hayoung to lean on him. 

“Ya!! Who are you?! You're so rude!" The fierce girl didn't show any sign to back off.

Wonwoo keep trying to calm himself by holding Hayoung tightly, because he know it'll be bad if he can't control his anger. “Don’t, ever, lay your hands on Hayoung, anymore.” He emphasized every word he said to warn them properly.

"What?! You don’t have any rights to order me around!”

“But I have the right to protect her....” Wonwoo sent a death glare to them, which make them perfectly know that it'll be really dangerous if they messed around with him. He hesitates for a second, before he continues his words with determined eyes. “I have the right to protect her.... because I’m her boyfriend.”

 

 

---------------

Hi, imraafa here. Sorry for the very late update (again) TT I supposed to update this story at Hayoung’s birthday, but I couldn’t manage it because of my part-time job. But I’m still glad because at least I can update it before August, hahaha. In exchange, I'll update the next chapter very soon~ Please let me know your impressions about this story, okay? I know i am a ty writer tho But I’ll keep waiting for your comments :) Thank you <3

Spoilers: In the next chapter, there will be another main character appearance!

Bonus: Hayoung x Wonwoo’s birthday cake