Page 3: Longing Eyes

Can I confess my love to you?

“You’re an idol trainee, right?” Hayoung tried to find a topic to be discussed as both of them walking to the front gate.

“Yes.” Wonwoo answered nervously. “....How do you know about it?” He finally could find a way to make their conversation flows.

“Well, your hairstyles is kind of obvious. Idol-styles~” Hayoung grinned.

Wonwoo unconciously touched his hair with embarassed expression. “Aah...”

“Hahahaha, I’m joking~" Hayound didn't expect that Wonwoo will actually believe her. "...I’ve seen you before.”

“Really? Where”

Hayoung actually hesitates to answer him honestly or not. “At.... Youtube? Hehe.” She clenched her teeth as regreting to say such a stupid answer. 

Wonwoo paused for a moment, and in the end he can’t hold his slight smile. "I see...." He glances at Hayoung's face secretly from beside her. She’s weird, but cute.... Wait.... What?! What the hell I’m thinking about?!. Wonwoo was too buzy with his own though, until he realized that Hayoung's already stared at him with questioning looks.

“What’s wrong?” Hayoung asked innocently.

“Um... Nothing.” Wonwoo smiled awkwardly to assure her.

Hayoung just nodded without suspecting anything. "By the way, thanks for talking to me first Wonwoo-ah." She feels grateful sincerely. "I actually have a little bit problem with making friends. That's why, I'm so thankful to you”

“No...You’re the one who greet me first, Hayoung-ssi.”

Hayoung chuckled from the way Wonwoo called her. “Ssi? Why do you call me with respectful honorifics~?”

“Well... Because you’re practically my sunbae.” Wonwoo smiled bitterly. 

“Are you planning to call your classmate who sit right in front of you as ‘miss’ for the next one year?” Hayoung responsed sarcasticly, makes Wonwoo just stay silent in confuse. "Then, just call me Hayoung-ie~” She said with such a cute tone.

“What?!”

Hayoung can see how Wonwoo blushed and tried to avoid eyes contact with her. “You’re so cute~” She giggled, without knowing that it's just make Wonwoo blushed more.

"Hayoung-ah!" Apink's manager, who's stands along with Namjoo, suddenly called out from the front gate.

“Ah, I have to leave first, Wonwoo-ah. See you again in two days~” She's ready to leave him, but then Wonwoo's muttered something.

“Two days?”

“Um. I have a schedule tommorow, so I won’t be attending school for one day. See ya!” Hayoung waved to Wonwoo excitedly, then run to her van.

“......See ya.” Wonwoo waved back, but Hayoung's already turned around and leave him alone. So, that is the back that I'll see everytime I go to school, right?.... But why does it looks so afar?.

 

-----------------

"So, you actually can fulfill your promise~" Namjoo welcomed Hayoung with a high five. "Who’s that boy?”

“Of course, my classmates.” Hayoung answered as all of them going into their van.

Namjoo sighed in relieved from the front seat. “Thanks god.... You finally make a new friend. Though I’m a little bit affraid because he’s a guy.”

“Don’t worry, Unnie. He’s so polite towards me. He even called me with ‘ssi’ at first.”

“What? Hahahaha, that’s not polite Hayoung-ah. That’s wierd. What kind of person who'll call their classmates with 'ssi'?!”

“Well, it seems because he’s an idol trainee.” Hayoung slightly look at Wonwoo again, who's walking to the bus halte, through the window.

"Aaah...." Namjoo responded. "So he treated you as his sunbae."

“He's an idol trainee? Where?” Apink's manager casually joined their conversation.

“Pledis.”

“Woah, you’re surprisingly know a lot about him, Hayoung-ah~” Namjoo teased Hayoung jokingly, but Hayoung just respond it with a grin. “So, it means that you don’t have any trouble about making friends anymore, right?”

“Um.” Hayoung said confidently.

“And how about ‘them’?" Her manager suddenly talked about the sole reason for Namjoo's worriness. "Is there any of them who’s in the same class with you again?” 

Hayoung was actually a little bit starlet with his sudden question. “No.”

“That's great. Be sure to tell me, or at least tell your unnies, if they start to bully you again, Hayoung-ah. Don't hide anything, okay?” He sincerely worried.

“It’s alright, Oppa. Even if they come to me again, I’ll definitely handle it properly.”

 

----------------

“I’m home~”

“Ya, Wonwoo-ah, change your clothes! We have to go to the practice room rightnow.” Sungcheol shouted from the bathroom, right after he recognized Wonwoo's voice. 

“Yes~” Wonwoo throws his bag, and change his clothes in a blink a eye.

“Is it fun?” Sungcheol asked as both of them heading out from their dorm.

“What?”

“Of course school.”

Wonwoo just facepalmed from Sungcheol's words. “Are you trying to be an old fashioned parents rightnow, Hyung?”

“Ya! Just answer me since I asked you!” Sungcheol smacked Wonwoo's back, makes him stumbled a bit from his steps.

The moment when Wonwoo's trying to answer him, a certain image of someone unknownly appeared in his minds. “It’s.... fun.” He can't hide his forced smile from his hyung.

Sungcheol raised his eyebrows in question. “What’s with that slight pause, huh?”

“Hyung!” Mingyu, who's just arrived from school, suddenly joined them walking from behind. "What are you guys just talking about? Wonwoo's hyung expression looks fun~!" Mingyu giggled.

Wonwoo sighed deeply in stress. "Ya! You just came up from nowhere and that is the very first thing you want to say?!" 

"Woah~ You don't have to be that pissed, Hyung~" Mingyu pouted. "What's wrong with him?" He asked Sungcheol as if trying to find an ally.

"Well, it seems there was something interesting happened with him at school today~" Sungcheol smirked at Wonwoo to .

"Really?! What is that, Hyung? What is that?"

"There's nothing~! Sungcheol-hyung was just want to tease me!"

Sungcheol automaticly feels offended with Wonwoo's answers. "Ya! I've known you very well from all these years! I'm sure there was something bothering you about school. How can you say that I make it up?!" His nags successfully puts Wonwoo in silence.

"......" Mingyu was looking at Wonwoo's expression as trying to figure out what's happpened with him. And then he remembed that once, Wonwoo had the same annoyed yet embarassed expression just like how he is rightnow. "Aaaah~.... I think I know what is the thing that bothered his toughts, Hyung." He grinned evily.

 

 ------------------

Wonwoo just stared at Hayoung’s seat with longing eyes. It’s been four days since she has been absent from school. Not just a mere one day absent like she has said before.

"Ack!" A crumpled paper successfully bounched at Wonwoo's forehead. "Tch..." Without even searching for the one who thrown, he's already know who the culprit is. "Ya! Kim Jaejin!" 

Jaejin laughed at Wonwoo's reactions happily. The more Wonwoo gets annoyed, the more satisfied he'll be. "Ya, read it!" 

Wonwoo raised his eyebrows in question, and then he pointed at the paper Jaejin's just thrown.

Jaejin just rolled his eyes. "Of course. What else, buddy."

Wonwoo casually opens the crumpled paper, without suspecting anything. But what's written there, is just makes him more annoyed and embarrassed at the same time.

Wonwoo-ah~ Don’t stare at Hayoung’s empty seat so obviously! Kekeke

"Kim Jaejin!" Wonwoo was about to stand up from his seat to 'beat up' his bestfriend, but then their school's bell suddenly rings. And without even wait for a minute, their teacher already entered the class. "I will kill after school!" Wonwoo muttered softly to Jaejin who just laughed at the front seat.

He then looked again at the paper in his palms again. Am I that obvious?

"Excuse me, Seonsangnim. Am I already late?" A familiar voice suddenly came from the class's door. And it succeed to starlet Wonwoo, causing the paper in his hand slipped off to the ground.

"It's okay Hayoung-ah. I haven't start it yet. Come in." Her teacher smiled softly.

"Thank you so much, Seonsangnim~" Hayoung bowed politely. She goes straight to her seat, but then look at Wonwoo who somehow looks stiff. She follows Wonwoo's gaze which looking at a crumpled paper below her desk in a nervous way

Please, God... I'll only beg for this one in the whole year. Just please don't let her pick it up! Wonwoo was desperately praying in his silence, just to make Hayoung do the opposite things.

Hell.... I'm doomed... Wonwoo can't see if Hayoung is actually opened it, because she sat on her seat rightaway without even greet him first. I really want to jump through the windows rightnow.... He can't control his heartbeats which sprints in panic, but then his heart just literally stop from Hayoung's action.

Hayoung casually passed the crumpled paper to Wonwoo's desk without even turning her head. Wonwoo was froze on his desk, until he finally reach the paper with his trembled hands. He takes a deep breath to calm himself. Slowly, his hands opened that paper in reflex, only to find another handwrittens below Jaejin's.

Sorry for not coming to school for the past few days~

Though it's just a few days, it feels like a long time, right? ^^

The only thing that came up in Wonwoo's minds after that, is that he wants to buried himself in peace.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, imraafa here. Sorry for the (very) late update. I don't now why it took a lot of time for me to finish this chapter TT I hope none of you were confused with the transitions between dialouges and inner thoughts of the characters. So you can enjoy this chapter... Thanks for all of your kinds comments and subcriptions <3 Don't forget to leave some comments, please~ ^^