I Like You, But Will Your Dad Like Me Too?

Request for One Shot

hayoung x bomi

[SHINEeMe08]

Hayoung feels her heart skips a beat once again. Bomi was there, looking etheral even if she was just reading manga. Hayoung shifts her gaze, she can't do this, if her dad founds out, she'll get punished.

"Anything wrong? You look like you have something to say." Bomi faced Hayoung.

Hayoung's breath gets stucked in , she gulped it down and shakes her head. Bomi nods slowly and returned to reading. Hayoung brushed off the internal argument she has and proceeded to at least finish one maths problem, to get rid off it.

Hayoung doesn't want to say anything, she's scared the feelings aren't what they are, she's scared Bomi wouldn't feel the same, she's scared to destroy their friendship. Hayoung's scared of everything so she decided to stay still and keep her feelings locked in her heart. But as days goes by, she feels herself more attracted to Bomi, she doesn't even realise the small gestures she does that may or may not be something bestfriends do.

Sehun, Hayoung's older brother, schools in the same instituition and he was there to guard and keep an eye on Hayoung, as demanded from their dad, CEO Oh. Sehun would send her to class, wait for her after school and walk home together. If Hayoung has projects which required her to go out with her friends or stay at her friends' house, Sehun is there as an , which makes Hayoung uncomfortable because he is suppose to act as a brother not some bodyguard, she's not a heir nor a celebrity.

Hayoung groans and hugs Bomi goodbye when she sees her brother, hands stuffed in his pocket, waiting for her. Hayoung nudged the taller man, and they walked home together. Bomi watched the two untill they were no longer in sight. Eunji taps her shoulder, "You miss her already?"

Bomi nods, "Gosh, no wonder I could guess that you have a crush on her. You're ob-vi-ous." Eunji shakes her head and drags Bomi out of school.


Weeks goes by, Hayoung keeps seeing herself leaning closer to Bomi, Bomi leaning even closer. There was once they knocked noses because they were too close, neither dared to asked why. They continued on like normal, a little closer to one another than Eunji noticed. It was questionable and Sehun really wants to asks but he knows its her private life. Actually, he wants to act more like a brother but he is commanded to be like an instead. He noticed how Hayoung and her bestfriend are closer to each other than ever, and he's scared to report this to their dad.

Sehun was more than startled when their father asked Hayoung about it, for all he knew, he did not utter a single word about what he saw to CEO Oh. Hayoung gave Sehun a disappointed look but Sehun shook his head, mouthing that it wasn't him. Hayoung denied and CEO Oh dismissed them.

"I swear it wasn't me, even if I know what's up." Sehun whispered when both of them entered Hayoung's bedroom.

"Okay, I believe you. But don't tell Dad," Sehun raised a brow, "I do like Hayoung."

"Knew it," Sehun winked, "I swear I won't tell."

Hayoung smiled but inside she's shaking with fear.


Hayoung doesn't restraint herself with going all out into invading Bomi's personal space, not like Bomi's complaining. Eunji pushed them to confess to one another, but what Eunji doesn't know was that they're already dating. Someone's spying on them, Sehun no longer escorts Hayoung like before, he is more of a brother now.

When Hayoung gets home, the first thing she was welcomed with was a slap in the face. The Oh siblings stood there shocked, frozen. Sehun stopped their dad before he continued abusing his younger sister. Their dad shoved an envelope towards Hayoung, pictures peeking out of it. Hayoung, with trembling fingers, grabbed the envelope and looked at its content. There were photos taken by someone unknown, of Hayoung and Bomi. She's sure it wasn't Sehun, he already knew and supported them too.

"Explain this." CEO Oh's stern voice rang throughout the living room.

Hayoung looked up with fear in her eyes, "This isn't what you think it is, Da-"

"Come clean with me Hayoung!" CEO Oh raised his voice.

After a few seconds sobbing quietly, Hayoung replies, "I-I, It's t-true."

CEO Oh stood up, "You know I don't like it! Why do you still do it?"

Hayoung remained still, forcing herself to stop crying.

"Break up or out of the house." Hayoung burst into tears when her dad left.


After that confrontation, Hayoung voiced out to Bomi and she understood. They did broke up but still remained as friends. It was hard since they still held very strong feelings towards each other. Hayoung decided to be brave and convinced her dad. When Hayoung's courage kept crushing down, Sehun was there to tell it was going to be alright. It was going to be alright becasue now Sehun finds himself in a position where he is in love with a boy.

The siblings went to convinced their dad and told him how they would still be number one even if their uality isn't like normal people. It was hard breaking CEO Oh's walls, he was stubborn at first but lately he seemed to have that soft gaze in his eyes.

"Stop. Enough," CEO Oh cleared his throat, "It has been 15 years since the death of your mother and I had never told anyone else," The kids with their other half looked curiously at him, "I was too once like you, I swinged both ways and I was scared. When my parents found out, they kicked me out of the house and I promised myself that none of my kids would be like that. Now that you have found your true self, I can't stop you anymore, can I?"

Hayoung runs to hug her dad, "Sorry dad, we didn't know."

Sehun then joined in, "Thank you dad."


"Wanna go on a date?" Bomi asks, linking their fingers.

"Be home before 10pm, no kissing in public, no making out, no-"

"Enough dad, we're just going to the arcade." Hayoung chuckled along with her dad.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1043 words