Are We Really?

Request for One Shot

Jeonghan x Jihoon

[fairbear]

Quit starring, you're gonna burn the whole building down.


Jihoon realized that whatever his grandmother said about soulmatesarrow-10x10.png was true. The initials of a soulmate's name and their birthdate would appear just below the collarbone area after making contact for more than 3 minutes. Jihoon doesn't regret holding Jeonghan's hand throughout the whole amusement trip. He felt a burn near his neck after some time and he excused himself to the gents.

"Holy . This is definitely not happening." Jihoon shook his head with a small smile.

There under his collarbone, YJH ; 041095. Jihoon couldn't control that smile that was playing with his lips. He felt giddy.

"Yohoo! Assa!" Jihoon threw a victory punch. He started to dance around the gents till a stranger came in. Oh, the judging stare he got. Jihoon straightened his shirt, cleared his throat and then pretended that he was stretching.

Jihoon made his way to the cafe that the gang was at and sat next to Wonwoo. He realize that Jeonghan seemed to be bothered by something that he excused himself to the toilet. Jihoon hid that smile, thinking about how Jeonghan would love the news. When Jeonghan came back, his face was more relaxed and he gave Jihoon a small smile. The two kept playing footsie under the table, careful not to hit the others while they flirt.

It's been a month since the whole gang knows about the two being soulmates. Seungcheol felt like a proud father and Jisoo felt like a mother who had to let go of her children. Jihoon and Jeonghan had been hanging out a lot lately and Jihoon always had a problem. No matter how much Jihoon tried telling dudes that Jeonghan was his, they would still get Jeonghan's attention and continue their greasy flirting. Ugh how Jihoon hates it that Jeonghan is so oblivious.

"Quit starring, you're gon' burn the whole building down." Wonwoo nudge the cranky kid.

Jihoon sighed before removing his gaze on Jeonghan and a stranger talking. Jeonghan said it was a childhood friend and they were just catching up but from the look of his "friend", he looked more like a predator savouring his prey. Jihoon hates it. Wonwoo knows because Mingyu would get that attention too. Jihoon shifted his position so that he isn't looking at the gross scene infront of him. Mingyu came after awhile and sat next to Wonwoo. They shared a small peck, Jihoon doesn't mind. They stayed silent, seeing that Jihoon needed time for himself. Jeonghan bid his friend farewell and went to sit next to Jihoon. Jihoon hid his anger by putting on a smile but there was a little tension. They all talked normally but Jihoon spoke way too little for Jeonghan's liking. Jeonghan knows how much Jihoon likes to say his mind to almost everything Mingyu says but this time, he only said a sentence or two. It is really unusual. Sensing the need to go, Wonwoo and Mingyu excused themselves as they head somewhere safe to witness the two.

"You seem out of it lately. Is something bothering you?"

Jihoon nodded slowly as he straightened himself. He looked right into Jeonghan's eyes and sighed. Jeonghan was a tad confused.

"Yes. Everything bothers me." Jihoon spoke, voice low, suppresing the anger rising.

"What happened, hmm?" Jeonghan asked as he held both of Jihoon's hands.

The sweet voice of Jeonghan made Jihoon felt emotional but he can't cry.

"We're soulmates right?" Jeonghan nodded, "You really love me right?" Jeonghan nodded again, "Then why don't people understand that you're mine and only just mine?!" Jihoon's voice raised a bit.

Wonwoo, Mingyu, Jeonghan and Jihoon flinched at that slight raise. Jeonghan stifled a small laugh. Jihoon got confused and his blood couldn't stop rising. Jeonghan held Jihoon's hands tighter. He smiled.

"I'm sorry," Jihoon braced himself because he can't think of Jeonghan rejecting him now or what, "BUT YOU'RE REALLY CUTE WHEN YOU'RE SUPER JEALOUS!!!" Jeonghan blurted out.

(that was 666 words)

What? Jihoon blinked, once twice. Jeonghan's smile grew wider. Oh he is glowing. Jeonghan suddenly hugged Jihoon. Jihoon was taken aback but wrapped his arms around Jeonghan anyways. A smile made its way to Jihoon's lips.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all this jealousy. I really should refrain myself from talking to strangers. Sorry Woojuju." Jeonghan confessed.

Jihoon caress Jeonghan's hair and let his anger be envoloped with ove and warmth. Wonwoo and Mingyu squealed from their hideout. Jeonghan pulled back and smile. Jihoon couldn't resist so he went on and left a tingling warm kiss on Jeonghan's lips.

"Such a perfect match from heaven." Wonwoo said, admiring the two while ending the video they recorded since they excused themselves.

"Like us." Mingyu smiled.

Wonwoo pushed Mingyu away, he stood up and walked away.

"Oh come on baby, you know it's true."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

810 words of delayed work love you all. sorry i didn't do the questioning part of the whole soulmate thing.