I Think Its You

Request for One Shot

Vernon x Brianna

[LiveLoveDreamBelieve]

I ing love you.


Brianna wasn't sure where she was heading to but she felt it was familiar so she continued on. Doyoon had just broke up with her and honestly, she doesn't know what to feel. Disappointed, happy, sad, extremely depressed, she don't know. Without having to look at the house number, Brianna rang the bell. Heck, she thought she shouldn't be there. It's like 2 in the morning and that person might be agitated by her.

But Vernon could never be agitated or mad at Brianna. He opened the door, he didn't complained, he allowed the girl to come in and be comfortable. Brianna doesn't deny, she feels comfort and warmth whenever Vernon was around. They had been friends for god knows how long. They had shared embarrasing secrets, funny moments, food, drinks, in fact almost everything. Others call them inseperable and they wouldn't deny that. Even when Brianna had a boyfriend, they would still hang out together and all those stuffs. Brianna realize Vernon hadn't dated anyone for the past three years. It was somewhat suspicious and insane, because how do you live being single for so long?

Vernon gave Brianna a bear hug, the one that Brianna would never felt like letting go. She broke down and let out all her feelings. Vernon sighed, he knew that guy was up to no good. He caresses her hair and say soothing words to allow her to calm down. They pulled apart and sat on the couch. After another round of tears and nice words, they fell asleep, Brianna curled up next to Vernon. The next day, Vernon woke up to Brianna cooking breakfast in his sweater. He smiled and made his way to the shower to wash up a bit and come down for breakfast. Brianna looked happier. She looked like the break-up yesterday didn't happen at all, like she wasn't attached with Doyoon at all. Vernon just played along and live up to the happiness. They ate breakfast in comfortable silence. The two best friends then agreed to go to Vernon's dance studio, where Brianna could watch Vernon and his friends practice. They went there with bright smiles, Vernon knew the pain she beared was still there but he doesn't wanna point that out.

Vernon had thought a lot about his feelings for the past three years and honestly, he thinks its all sorted out. He just don't know when he'll be able to do it and properly say it out. In fact, Vernon wanted to stay focused on making Brianna happy at the moment, till her heart is cleared from any sadness. Vernon's dance mates knew Brianna. Vernon had planned on making her laugh out loud today and he wouldn't care if his dance mates gives him judging stares al his life. He wants her genuine smile back, that's all. Too bad, Brianna didn't laugh much today. Brianna couldn't find the humour in Vernon's lame jokes or his slapstick comedy. But she smile anyways, not wanting to hurt Vernon's feelings. Vernon's dance mates knows what's up, so they helped to brighten up the atmosphere. Vernon and his dance mates did almost everything to get Brianna's mood up but she just wasn't feeling it. She sighed before giving them a small smile, "It's getting late, I should go first."

The boys sighed. The nodded and bid farewell to Brianna before sighing again. They packed their bags and made their way home, not forgetting to give a pat of encouragement on Vernon's back. Vernon smiled, he wouldn't give up. Not yet. Not ever. The next few days, Vernon just went on to make more jokes or start a tickle fight. Brianna's smile was slowly getting more genuine, but Vernon couldn't help but feel annoyed. What else can he do? It was after a few days of school and Brianna haven't been coming to school.

It has been days since he last seen Brianna, she hasn't picked up her phone nor replied any of his messages. Vernon was getting worried and anxious. He couldn't wait no longer. He ran to Brianna's home after school and rapidly knock on the door. He needs to see her now or never. He clenched his fist tighter because no one is opening the door. He thought hard, and remembered about the spare key under the rug. Vernon quickly unlocked the door and rushed in. The first place he went was the bedroom and he heard faint sobbing from the toilet. He braced himself.

"For my love for you, Brianna what are- are you okay?" He was seriously taken aback by the scene of Brianna on the floor of the toilet, blood flowing non-stop from the cuts on her arms and thighs.

Vernon damp a towel before dapping the blood then proceed to wrap the towel around her arm before gently dragging the poor girl to the nearest hospital.

Vernon sighed at the sight. Brianna wasn't going to get over the fact that Doyoon broke up with her. Vernon's heart clenched, this was more hurting than his ice cream getting snatched away as a kid. Brianna's arms and thighs were bandaged. She was lucky there wasn't much blood loss, but she looked very pale. When Brianna woke up, she was finding for Vernon's hand. Vernon gladly gave her his hand and intertwine their fingers.

"Could you repeat that?" Brianna asked weakly, turning her head slightly to look at Vernon.

Vernon was confused, say what? He raised his eyebrows, signalling that he didn't know what she was talking about.

Brianna gave a small smile, "You said you love me. Once in the toilet and once in your sleep."

Vernon blushed, then he realized. Is Brianna gonna tell him to off? Not be friends anymore? Does she hates him now? Is he in trouble for saying 'I love you' without realizing he said it?

"You're overthinking. I'm not gonna do anything. I just wanna hear you say it loud and clear." Brianna's voice softer than before.

Vernon cleared his throat, "Well, It's actually not my first time saying it. But, since you heard me, I guess I have to admit. I really do love you Brianna. I don't know for how long but it was suffocating that when you broke up, I was almost happy. Then I saw that you were so affected that I felt like I was responsible for bringing your smile back. Then, this happen and my heart shattered. Yes, yes! I ING LOVE YOU. Can you not hurt yourself anymore?"

Vernon's worried face made Brianna gave a small sad smile. She nodded. She squeezed his hand before making space for the lad to get comfortable on the bed. The two cuddled on the hospital bed with smiles on their faces because they know that even if Brianna doesn't answer now, she will say it back to Vernon sooner or later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1153 words of really really delayed work and lame writing. sorry for making you wait so long