Bored

Miracle in December

The clock continues to tick on the living room wall, its sound echoing in the silence. The four loudmouths, bored out of their minds, roll around on the floor or hang over the couch with books and magazines between their uninterested fingers.

“So bored~! When can we stop?” Baekhyun comments, tossing his magazine away. “I’m going to fall asleep.”

“Good.” --o replies as he turns the page of his book. “Sleep and never wake up.”

Baekhyun’s lips tug downwards. “Sleep and never wake up.” He mocks, smirking at --o.

One second. One second was all it took.

Baekhyun went sailing over the couch.

----yeol shrinks and buries his face into his book, not wanting to be the second person to be on the receiving end of --o’s foot. One second, one step forward, and one extended leg. It’s terrifying and a pain to boot.

--hun’s eyes return to his magazine, pretending on not witnessing the kick that sent Baekhyun back and over the couch, or the sickening sound of contact of body against the floor.

----dae turns the page of the food magazine, his smile widening at the burger recipe. He could already taste it. Maybe -----soo would take his suggestion and put it on next week’s menu.

--o smirks proudly, pulling his leg back. “Not bad.” He brushes off the imaginary dust of his new boots. “I’ve been meaning to test them out.  They’re as kick as I expect them to be.” He straightens up and places his foot back on the floor.

A hand appears from the other side of the couch, Baekhyun’s pained face following after. ”That hurts.

“I didn’t train over twelve hours a day, every day for twenty years for nothing.” --o sneers at the other.

Baekhyun eases onto the couch, lying on his stomach as he rubs his aching back. He had, rather harshly, landed on his , but at an angle. As a result, pain shot up his tail bone as he back hit the floor.

“You really should treat him better.” --han comments with a playful smack on --o’s shoulder. He heads over towards Baekhyun and goes around. “You poor baby. Are you okay?”

“Yah!” Baekhyun sits up, flinching at the pain jolting up his back. “Yah.” He says again, a lot softer. He huffs and puts a cushion behind him to help ease the pain. “Aren’t you supposed to care about me and not the floor?”

--o bites his lip to hold in his laughter. It’s just too amusing, his --han ge cooing at the floor as if it’s a child. And the look on stupid Baekhyun’s face…priceless.

“Be gentle. --fan would be upset if he has to get it fixed…again.”

“Yes.” --o replies, feeling slightly guilty. Just slightly, like a speck of dust because hearing Baekhyun’s cry of pain is extremely satisfying.

“Yah, what about me? I’m hurt. Don’t’ you care?”

“I couldn’t care less if you break into a million pieces.”

“I’ll move out!” Baekhyun threatens with a finger pointing straight at --han. “I’ll move out if you don’t start being nice to me. Then you’ll know how great I am and miss me. And you’ll regret being mean to me and stuff!”

“Go. Get out. I don’t even want you here.”

“Angel~! Why are you being so mean~?” Baekhyun grabs the other’s arm and pouts.

“Why is your face so ugly?” --han retorts, his voice laced with venom. “Get out. Aren’t you going to leave?” he tugs his arm back from a pouty Baekhyun. “When I come back tonight, I don’t want to see you here, got it?”

“But Angel~!”

--o shakes his head as Baekhyun runs after --han out the door.

-----soo descents the stairs with a sleepy Kidd in tow. “Where’s the stupid?”

“He followed after --han hyung.” ----yeol says, pointing a finger towards the front door.

“What are you nitwits doing here then?”

“Eh?” --hun scratches his head confusedly. Glancing over to ----yeol for hints.

“Well, it’s time.” ----dae puts the magazine down, but grips it with a smile when he finally notices -----soo. “Hey.”

-----soo watches as ----dae walks over with the magazine in his hand and a Cheshire cat smile on his face. “What?”

“Can you make this for next week?” He points to the burger receipt. “I want to try, but it looks difficult to make. Not that it is for you. You’re the best when it comes to cooking. It’s as easy as breathing for you.”

“Hm. We’ll see. Now get going. All of you.”

“But we have the day off.” --hun replies, gesturing to himself and ----yeol.

“Says who? Get your asses to work you lazy s or there will be nothing for you to eat. Ever.” -----soo threatens with a scowl.

“Yes, sir!”

The trio quickly rushes off to their positions before the scowling penguin can peck their heads off.

In the midst of the park, Baekhyun chases after his ‘Angel’, while said ‘Angel’ ignores and tries to avoid him.

“Wait for me. Why are you walking so fast?”

“Because I’m trying to get away from you.”

“Don’t be mean, Angel.”

--han rolls his eyes. “I told you a million times not to call me that.”

“I know.” Baekhyun is tug back via his collar, nearly choking from the pull. “Yah!” He pushes off the hand on his shirt, pouting as --han walks off. “What you do that for?”

“Shouldn’t you get going?” --hun asks, a frown on his face.

“Go? Where?”

“There.” --hun gestures to a place behind him. “That’s where you belong and where you should stay instead of here with us.”

Baekhyun turns his head to look. His eyes falls on the door frame with the white room on the other side and suddenly, he’s pulled forward through the door.

“Is this really where you’re from?”

“What are you doing here?” Baekhyun frowns at the curious --hun as the man looks around. “How did you get here?”

“Nice place.”

“What part of this place is nice?”

“Everything.” A new voice replies. --fan stands in the middle of the room, frowning at Baekhyun. “Isn’t it time for you to go? You told --han you’ll leave.” He points to the door on the other side. “The exit is right there. Go.”

“Why are you making me leave? Do you hate me that much?”

“You should just leave while you still can, before it’s too late.”

“What do you mean before it’s too late?”

--fan sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. “That’s all I can say, but be waned, the longer you stay, the harder it is for you to leave.”

“Then I can just stay here.” Baekhyun smiles brightly, his arms spread open widely. “It’s fun and I like it here. Plus, Angel is here.”

---fan sighs deeply and disappears through the door back to the park.

--hun puts a comforting hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder. “He’s right, you know.”

“Why do I feel like everyone knows something I don’t?”

“That’s because we do. Just hurry up and go.” --hun frowns fondly at Baekhyun. “Go, just…go. If you want what’s best for you, then go.”

“Are you being mean to me too?”

He lifts a hand and smacks the back of Baekhyun’s head. “Who are you calling mean?”

“Yah!”

“Just go back to where you came from.” --hun disappears into the park, dismissing Baekhyun with a wave.

The door disappears in a bunch of bubbles, popping and fading away.

“I’m stuck here again then. Might as well watch some TV.” He flicks the purple TV and to his surprise, it works.

 

 

 


What will be on TV now?

I'm stuck with only 2 and a half weeks to go. OTL What am I going to do and how am I suppose to finish this?