Dormitory Life

Miracle in December

Correction. It’s horrifying. The man had pulled him through the amusement park looking for this Angel person and had no idea where to look in the first place. They end up walking all over the place and the man even caused trouble everywhere he went. People were complain about them. The scary panda man had glared and sneered at them five times! Five times! Then this giant elf was going to wrap him into a present and send him to this Nardia place. And the puppy man was going to eat him! He doesn’t taste good at all! Then the penguin man saved him, but he’s scarier than the elf and puppy people.

Baekhyun dodges another empty soda can aimed at his head, squirming uncomfortably under the man’s unwavering gaze. It’s been nearly half an hour since he arrived in the small office. --o had tried to throw him into the park dump where he belongs, according to the panda man, but -----soo stopped him, only to say Baekhyun would ruin the garbage. ----yeol and ----in took pity on him and when they found out he had nowhere to go, offered a room in the dorm they shared. That led him to be presented to the man in front of him, stared down by him like an insignificant speck of dirt.

the man has two horns sticking out from the top of his head. Behind him is a green and scaly tail. His gaze send shivers down anyone’s back. It was deadly and one look was all it took to freeze up a person.

Baekhyun made the mistake of calling him a lizard and nearly pissed himself when the man huffed smoke from his nose. The room became unexpectedly warm, hot even, and it felt like a sauna, or the inside of an oven set to burn.

On the sofa behind the terrifying man is another man, one with a small horn sticking out from the center of his forehead and a long paint brush like tail, sleeping on his stomach with his left arm off the side and left foot dangling off the other end.

“So, let me get this straight.” The two-horned man points a finger toward Baekhyun. “You found him wandering around, learned that he’s homeless and offered him to stay with you?”

“Come on, --fan. He has no place to stay. plus the kid has to stay somewhere, right?” Do it for the kid. He’s just a baby.

“No.” The reply was immediate and left no room for arguments.

“But --fan!”

“No buts or I’ll kick yours to the garbage dump where you belong, ----yeol.”

“Che. if it was ---myun, he would say yes.” ----in mumbles under his breath.

“But I’m not him, am I?” --fan closes the file in front of him, tossing it into the reject pile. “Next!” He waves his hand to shoo the group away.

“Come on, ge! Think of the baby!” ----in pouts, his eyes sad. “Please? I’ll even be trouble free for a week, no a month! Please?”

“Why do you care?” ----yeol asks, bewilderment on his face. He quickly continues at the scowl on --fan’s face. “I mean, he’ll be staying with us in the basement and furthest away from you. They won’t bother you and you won’t even see them except during meal times.”

--fan turns the idea in his head. ”Fine! He reaches for the file and the large ‘accepted’  stamp. “But they’re your responsibility!” He growls as he slams the stamp down, sighing the document. “If they make the slightest trouble, I’m throwing you all in the dump!” He turns his gaze to ----in. “I’m counting on you to keep them out of trouble. Trusting ----yeol is like trusting a bunch of men with a girl, pointless.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll do my best to keep them out of trouble!” ----in pats the child on the head, smiling brightly at him.

“I heard laughter. Who didn’t die?” -----soo turns to Baekhyun with a growl. “Oh, it’s you.” He comments with disgust.

“You didn’t die? What a pity.” --o words drips with venom. “And I thought we’re finally rid of you.”

--o, -----soo, he’ll be staying with ----in and ----yeol. I know it’ll be difficult, but try to tolerate his insignificant and unworthy existence.”

“No problem.” -----soo smirks, lifting his chin up. “I’ll even make my special cheesecake pumped with laxatives to welcome him, and my rat poison casserole.”

Baekhyun flinches when something bumps into him.

“Don’t worry.” ----in smiles with a hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder. “-----soo is always like that. It’s how he cares. You don’t have to move away from him.”

Baekhyun must have unconsciously moved away from -----soo from fear.

----in smiles fondly at the other. “He won’t really kill you.”

“You never know.” --o comments, a smirk adorning his attractive face. “His targets never did complain.”

Baekhyun swallows nervously. “I think I’ll be okay. I’ll just find a spot in the park and…”

“Don’t listen to him. Come on, I’ll show you to our place. There are four of us. --hun’s out on patrol so you’ll see him later tonight.” ----yeol wraps an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Our dorm is actually a big house.” He ushers Baekhyun out of the office, the child following behind with his hand in ----in’s bigger ones. “We stay in the basement, the first floor is the shared space and the second and third floors are…”

“You really going to let him stay?” --o asks --fan with a grimace ones the group is out.

“He’ll be out of here in no time, you’ll see.”

“If you say so.”

It was night before Baekhyun realized. It was exhausting to try and keep up with the giant elf’s pace with his much longer legs. Seriously, is he really an elf? He was glad to finally be able to plop down on the bed in the shared living space. He glances over to the child, watching as ----in piles up giant pillows to make a bed for him. How lucky he is, the kid. Baekhyun wish he could have a giant marshmallow pillow as a bed. Is it even called a pillow? Whatever.

With a quick, “Hey, don’t fall asleep. It’s dinner time.”, ----yeol grabs Baekhyun out of bed and ushers him up the stairs to the dinner table.

The table, two rectangular tables pushed together, is spread out in the dining area between the kitchen and the living room. A variety of dishes covers the table, spread out like a feast for a party.

“-----soo’s in a happy mood or he won’t make so many dishes.” --hun explains, his eyes glued to the food. He quickly takes a seat and start eating after thanking their residential cook for the delicious meal. “Your cooking’s always the best.”

One by one, the residents sit down. On the other table, away from Baekhyun, sits the dragon, unicorn, the panda, his Angel deer, a round faced man that reminds him of mandu, the puppy, and the penguin with the child sitting in between them. On his table is the giant elf, the feline, the boss man, the weird faced limp noodle man, and him.

“What’s your name?” --hun asks the big eyed child.

“It’s no use. he hasn’t’ spoken all day.” ----yeol states with a wave of his hand. “Maybe he can’t speak.”

“He seems to understand me though.” Baekhyun explains, pointing to himself. “He doesn’t’ answer me verbally, but he does.” He turns to the child with a smile on his face. “What do you want to eat?”

The child turns his eyes to the dishes, pulling his spoon out of his mouth. He points to the fried chicken and turns to look at -----soo.

-----soo grabs a piece of chicken and places it on the child’s plate.  He did not allow the child to sit near Baekhyun, saying that the man would probably elbow the poor kid in the face or starve him.

The lock strikes nine and Baekhyun had the privilege to join the others for dinner, meeting the rest of the residents. Everyone is nice, save for the rude panda, the terrifying dragon, sleepy unicorn and his Angel. Of course, his Angel can be rude to him if he wants to.

After a short tour of the house, it’s revealed that they all live in the three story dorm. The dragon, the panda, the deer, and unicorn shares the third story, the boss man, mandu boy, penguin man, and puppy man shares the second floor. The remaining three, the giant elf, the feline, and limp noodle man stays in the basement where it’s farthest away from the others because they’re loud. That will be where Baekhyun and the kid stays, farthest away from the fire-breathing dragon and away from everyone else. Apparently, no one is allowed to cook, at all. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be all prepared by the penguin.

No one is allowed to cook after a series of disastrous incidents including, the first being a bottle of oil and a big blanket. needless to say, the dorm was almost burned down. ----yeol had missing eyebrows, --hun’s blanket was caught on fire and ruined, and ----dae’s beloved plant nearly met its demise. -----soo stacked the cabinets with snacks and instant food he banned everyone else to cook. he had given the others a rice cooker for ramyun cooking purposes initially, but that was confiscated after ----yeol and ----in managed to burn the bottom and ruined the inside with the charcoal they called ramyun while gaming. --hun was not allowed to go near the rice cooker ever, especially after he managed to make eggs explode onto the ceiling and walls.

Baekhyun pokes his food around his bowl, not quite hungry.

“Play with your food again and I’ll stab your eyes out” -----soo snarls at the chopsticks shoving his precious rice around. “Eat it or you eat nothing. Ever.”

The child ignores anything that’s not food as he crams everything into his tiny mouth. despite being wary of everyone besides Baekhyun, he can’t say no to free food. his name and who he is, is still a mystery. he learned quickly that the penguin is not to be angered, the elf can be ignored, the weird faced limp noodle man has no position whatsoever, the scary dragon is only scary if no on listens, and the panda man is mean only to big people. He likes the panda and the unicorn. so far, they’ve given him snacks and cookies, even when penguin said not to and threatened to throw them under a roller coaster. Panda just laughed, gave him a peace sign and returned to his book. Unicorn read him a story and gave him a bear from one of the park games.

“To eat or not to eat. It’s a matter of life and death. Why waste energy when you can eat?”

Baekhyun stares at the unicorn. “Yah, were you dropped on your head as a child?”

The unicorn man turns to Baekhyun with a Cheshire cat grin, leaning in. “Why? Do you want to experience it? I can have it arranged. the sound of your skull hitting pavement and cracking is especially delightful.” His smirk widens, if even possible. “And your blod will splatter all over the place, covering the pavement like a blooming flower. It’s completely beautiful.” His smile threatens to split his face in two.

Baekhyun shivers at the chill slithering down his back. He quickly turns back to his meal, making a mental note to himself. the unicorn is not to be trusted.

The unicorn resumes his meal, sharing a smile with -----soo.

“Now, now, --xing. it might be better if you bash his head in with a wooden stick. you’ll hear the crack much louder. besides, you can even feel the exact moment when his skull gives.” The corner of the dragon’s lips tug upwards in a sinister smile.

“That’s my kind of sport, bash the skull of the idiot.” --o chuckles in delight. “It’s so boring here. The last time we had some fun was so long ago.”

“You people are crazy.” ----yeol shoves and quickly finishes his meal. standing up, he drops his bowl in the sink. “Yah, ----dae. It’s your turn to do the dishes tonight. Just cuz you’re sick, it doesn’t mean you get to skip.” He shouts to the man who had withdrew to the couch, curling up into a ball.

“I can do it.” The mandu boy offers with a raised hand. “I’ll trade with him.” he turns to the sleeping figure on the couch. “Yah! we’ll trade days.” He smiles at the waving hand and turns back to ----yeol. “Just leave everything in the sink. I’ll do it all.” He motions for the other to leave his plate in the sink.

----yeol shrugs nonchalantly and drops the plate.

“Yah! How many times did I say to be gentle? next time, I’ll put your share in a dog bowl!” -----soo shouts with a grimace at the elf’s withdrawing  back “I should just have him eat off the floor.”

 

 

 


At this point, it's probably really confusing, right? With the dashes in the names and the descriptions. Well, there's a reason for it. And the child's a representation of something. Anyone know who's who? The names with dashes should be easy to recognize, right? With the descriptions to help, its easy, right? There are some bad interactions, but everything happens for a reason. :D