As the full moon watches

As The Full Moon Watches

"Oh I'm so dead", Jinki exhaled rubbing his face with his palms. Haphazard mumbles coming from here and there showed that everybody agreed with him even thought Kibum still seemed to have some energy left, taking selfies on the backseat of their tour bus. Taemin was leaning on the leader's shoulder and was half asleep. Minho and Jonghyun were zoning out. The latter had his head against the window but couldn't sleep. The other one's eyes were closed but everyone assumed he was awake.

"You weren't even dancing that hard tho", Kibum pointed out and Onew had to agree.

"That was because I wouldn't have make it even half way through the concert if I did like he did", the leader said pointing at Taemin who had fallen asleep once again. Key gave him a short laughter. "True."

After the accident the tour dates of SHINee World had to be canceled or moved to later dates for the next three months. It was a little miracle that SME gave Jonghyun and Minho so much time to get better. During those three months the group had been producing and recording new music because time was money and they had to keep SME happy.

It took them half an hour to get to the dorm. When the bus stopped Key announced he'd be the first one to have a shower even though Minho objected. The members started to slowly slouch out and towards the door. Jonghyun was the last one to get out. Well, at least try to. He had his leg still in a cast and getting out of the bus with crutches wasn't a simple task. While still trying to figure it out, Jonghyun heard someone approaching and saw it was Minho. "Need some help hyung?"

Jonghyun let out a dry laughter. "Uh, not really. I've got this."

"No you don't. C'mere", Minho laughed and took Jonghyun's crutches and offered his other hand to help the older one out. He placed it behind Jonghyun's back and under his arms.

"You don't really have to", Jonghyun said but had his arm already behind Minho's neck and a good hold on his shirt, squeezing it so hard that his knuckles started to turn white. Minho pressed the older one against himself before lifting him to get a better grip and put his hand under Jonghyun's legs in order to carry him in bridal style. Jonghyun let out a whimper and grasped Minho's shirt with his other hand too. Minho chuckled.

"Wasn't so scary after all, huh? You can let go now", he said grinning to Jonghyun who clung to him like a bur of a thistle burdock.

"Uh, right..." Jonghyun stuttered, blush spreading on his cheeks when he noticed how close their faces were in fact. But Jonghyun couldn't help but stare at him, feeling suddenly all dizzy. There was that something in Minho's smile that Jonghyun was sure could stop all wars on Earth. And he couldn't get his eyes off of him. There was again one of those moments when no words were heard but so much was said. There were things on Jonghyun's mind he wouldn't believe he'd ever think of or even consider doing.

"Jonghyun...?" Minho asked and raised his eyebrows a little. The expression of a fascinated puppy that the older one had on his face made him smirk.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Minho's smile widened as he noticed how helplessly out of words Jonghyun was. He had started to suspect where this might be going. Jonghyun's mouth felt extremely dry when he parted his lips. "S-sorry I, I zoned out."

He let go of Minho's shirt and stretched his healthy leg towards the ground as Minho put him down. The younger man handed him his crutches back. They started to walk towards the dorm but after a few steps Jonghyun halted. Minho noticed it and turned over.

"There's something I've been thinking of", Jonghyun said, leaning on the crutches. He let out a nervous laughter as he dropped his head. "But it's something stupid."

"Tell me", Minho said and with his hands in his pockets he walked closer.

"While we were still on the bus I noticed it was full moon, just like when we... uh, yeah."

"Don't tell me you're still dwelling on it", Minho sighed.

"No, no!" Jonghyun hurried to say and raised his head. "But remember the bet we made?"

"Yeah", Minho nodded.

"I was just... wondering..." Jonghyun started, hesitating a little.

"...what I would've done, right?" Minho interrupted him and finished his sentence. Jonghyun nodded.

"I'm afraid", Minho grinned. "It was your fault we didn't find it out back then. So you go first."

"What, no...!" Jonghyun whined but Minho crossed his arms and stared at him, waiting.

"Well you, I'll go first then", Jonghyun hissed. "But close your eyes."

"Why? I want to see when you humiliate yourself."

"Just do it okay?!"

"Whatevs."

Minho closed his eyes and waited. Jonghyun took a deep breath to encourage himself. "You open your eyes only when I tell you to do so, okay?"

"Yeah."

"Really!"

"Okay, okay! Hurry up already, it's getting quite chilly out here."

"And stop the thing with your hands."

Minho snorted but obeyed and put his hands back in his pockets.

"Here goes nothing..." Jonghyun mumbled under his breath and stepped in front of Minho. He silently put his crutches aside and leaned closer. His heart rate was increasing fast and if he still was in the hospital the electrocardiography monitor would've alerted a nurse already. Emptying his mind from the consequences his  upcoming actions would probably have he grabbed the collar of Minho's shirt and froze under the piercing gaze of the man in front of him. He felt weak at the knees and wished the ground would swallow him up right at that second.

"I-I-I-", Jonghyun stuttered but get nothing else out, only a bright red blush started to appear on his cheeks. Minho's expression didn't change and Jonghyun was terrified and regretted even thinking about kissing him.

"Go on."

"I told you to go on."

Jonghyun was so embarrassed and dumbfounded his brains couldn't function at all. "Wh-what?"

Minho sighed annoyed. "So I have to go first after all. Fine. C'mere."

After that he put his hands around Jonghyun's waist and pulled him close. Jonghyun looked up at him feeling dazed and lightheaded and inhaled the man's fragrance. The thing about Minho's flaming charisma was no joke for Jonghyun felt like he could melt in his arms right there right at that particular moment. But Minho's arms kept him standing. The piercing gaze had turned to something soft and loving as it examined Jonghyun's eyes and slowly moved to his lips. Jonghyun's throat felt drier than ever but he didn't dare to move a limb let alone to swallow. Minho tilted his head and, with all the passion he had held inside for ages, kissed Jonghyun as the full moon watched.

 


 

So that was it guys. I'm starting to feel a bit emotional since this is my first long fan fiction I've ever written TT-TT But thank you so so much for subscribing, commenting and upvoting! I hope this fic satisfied you and was what you were looking for. Please leave a comment of your thoughts about the chapters or the fic in general :--)

Want to read more JongHo fics written by me? Take a look at Morning Mood and The Running Man Challenge.