New

LAKEWOOD AND YAMAHA

"Arigatou, Onii-sama!" I bowed as I bid him goodbye. 

Phew! That's a relief. I was having a hard time in persuading Onii-sama to trust me in taking care of my own. But everything works out just fine! I hope..

With a spin at the heels, off I set myself a route to Student Affair Department to finish my registration and any of the missed procedures. Fortunately, after few rounds of trusting and ignoring my instinct for direction, I aimlessly found myself to my destination, with new buildings discovered along the way.  


"Good morning! Mind if I take this seat?" I asked, with tighten voice that barely to be heard and files in sweaty palms. The girl looked up from her desk, revealing her morning pale skin and flashed her most adorable smile in agreement. Without a second to be wasted, I blurted out a simple chirp of gratitude as I smashed myself down onto the chair, feeling so relief of finally having a rest after endless of walking and trying to investigate whatever did these Korean administrators said to me in their indescribable slangs. OK. Maybe a little 'rest', that'll freshen me up a bit for my first lesson!

.... 

"Excuse me, miss. First day of school and that's how you officially declare it?" I felt an intense thug by my wrist, making me jolted up  from my desk with tired red eyes. "By smearing your saliva onto the desk?" continued the voice, even deeper in anger. I sensed the direction, and it turned out to be one of my nightmare - Lecturer fuming with anger, and he is standing right beside me! Wait, smooth English. He must be my English lecturer! "Stand up please, miss. And go wash your face, now!"

With that, I stood up in the midst of chuckling and whispers and rush to the 'nearby' washroom which took me several minutes after getting lost between jungle of doors and hallways. There goes the intention of a little rest to freshen up my mind for the first lesson. I have completely boiled myself in my first class, and in my favourite subject too!


"Azuki-chan! How's class?" asked Onii-sama from his dining plate. Mother raised an eyebrow, showing interest in the subject. She moved her focus from her plate to me. I was so nervous I could not even squek! Why? Because I knew in my deepest heart core, that if I said the truth (that lecturer caught me sleeping in my first class) I will be a piece of dead meat lying next to this dining table. OK, calm down. 

"Yeah.. It was a fun day and quite a tiring day too," I slowly breathed out the words, nodding slowly as I tried to sound and look natural, with my fingers crossed  (beneath the table) and pasting a big fake smile on (..onto my angelic side of face, that is!). Awkward! 

"Miss Noma! Your Muay Thai class will be starting in 15 minutes. Your car is ready. You may go now," interrupted a housemaid from the other side of our dining room, looking apologytic rather than urgent for disturbing our dinner time. Thank you God for saving me (by sending in the car for class, just in time)! I smiled in appreciation and offered a little cleaning up, which will obviously got declined anyway. 

"Thank you for the dinner! I will be going now," I said in hassle and off I RAN into the car, AWAY from Mother. I mean, why not run for something you love the most? Something like action-packed Muay Thai class, which never fails in pumping me adrenaline and joy! I miss martial arts, but Muay Thai class will be something new..