What

LAKEWOOD AND YAMAHA

What can be more refreshing than an after-shower dawn..

Crystal water were seen blanketing the distant mountains in their purest white. Morning sun rays radiated from the horizon generously the edges of the thin clouds pink with small hint of purple as the shadow. Birds were seen gliding carelessly across the morning air, chorusing as they flew by. Out at the pavement, schoolgirls in their freshly-ironed uniforms marched out as they chirped each other morning greetings. Their laughs, jokes and teases saved the street from silent ignorance.

"Is not it great to see youngsters chatting like that again? Direct communicate, no involvement of technology," whispered Jiyong. He rolled down the window of his car, continuing his gaze on those girls, enjoying the moments that he seldom see anymore. Out of a sudden, Jiyong sulked. One of the girl pulled out her phone and started texting. Her troup of friends started to fade themselves out from their previously heated up conversation, each hanging on their own phones. His worry came to life after all. These generations placed technology over friendship, and it seems like there are no way out.

Just about Jiyong rolled the window closed, an incident caught his eyes. Out at a parking lot of a nearby shophouse, stood a group of tough-bodied men, all in black, gathered around a little girl, probably in her  mid-teenage years. The absurb thing is, the girl did not seems frightened, but more to enjoy their presense. This hit Jiyong's curiosity bulb. Who in the world is this girl? And, why she would spend her time with these scary-looking guys? 

"Wait, that can't be!"


"Noma-dono!" called a man from behind. I was so started, I almost choked on my own saliva. "Are you okay, Noma-dono? I'm so sorry for startling you," cried the man again, followed by a 90 degree bow. Well, at least that what I saw from his shadow that fell on the faded surface of the parking lots. Instantly, I can already figured out the owner of the voice without looking at him: Kim Soo-hyun. I sighed as I flicked his forehead which apparently so tall, that I had to tiptoe to reach it. Seeing him whinced in pain really paid me satisfaction.

"How many times do I have to tell you? Don't use that 'Noma-dono'. It makes me sounded like I'm some sort of a samurai warrior or something," I warned, emphasizing on the 'Noma-dono' as I was trying my best to sound as strict as Daddy would be. 

"You are my samurai warrior, my lady," claimed Lee Jongsuk, emphasized on the word 'are'. I blushed as I was not expecting that answer would come, only to get them to squel in unison.

"How do you find me?" I asked after they finally calmed down from their intense morning laugh. 

"Instinct, Azuki-sama," sounded Kim Jong-kook, in his sweetest fluttering voice as he tried to make me blush in embarassment again. He failed anyway. 

"Why did you look for me?" I questioned, eyeing all three of them. To my surprise, their gaze instantly dropped face-down. None of them were willing to look at me in the eyes. Their smiles that dazzled charmingly awhile ago, instantly faded off. The atmosphere turned awkwardly gloom within seconds. After gathering courage, Soo-hyun finally looked up to me, plastering a smile that seem obviously forced. 

"You see Miss.."


   I was walking home. Alone. Alone with the summer breeze blew by. Alone with gentle pluck of guitar melody, which I have no idea where it was from. The beats were so well-composed, as if the melody were accompanying every single step of mine. The melody were so well-composed, as if the beats were trying their best to pluck off the burden on my wings, just to see me flying fearlessly again. 

"You see Miss.." started Soo-hyun, after gathering courage to face me and more important to tell me. "Mr. Noma had left us a will. I know you wouldn't like it, Miss, but we think it is the best for all of us to tell you about it. Mr. Noma had inherited this mafia gang into your hand. From now on, you are our Leader."

I was dumbstrucked. Instantly I felt like the end of the world is coming, and it is coming right after me. 

"NO! I can't! Go away. I don't want to! GO AWAY!" I yelled. I felt like I had been swallowed whole into a trench of frustration and disappointment. Daddy, why me?

"I'm sorry, Azuki-sama. But you have to come with us," commanded Jong-kook. Without further ado, a strong muscular arm had already found its way to grab me by  the wrist, starting to drag me away from stationary. I was so dumbfounded, I did not know what to do, what to say or how to respond. I did not even know what am I doing here, standing and letting myself being dragged into a position that I never wanted in my whole life.

"What are you doing to my sister?"

I was stirred at the question. Without my realization, I found myself staring at my saviour. His hand grabbed tightly onto my arm. So tight, his hand turned to white. 

"Jiyong-sama.."

"Let go of my sister," he ordered again. His voice sounded stiff and stern at the same time. His eyes were flaming with extreme furiousity. The men stood cluelessly at his sudden interference, without realizing that they were loosing their grip on my wrist. 

 Jiyong-sama..