Onii-sama

LAKEWOOD AND YAMAHA

First day of school, or in my case, university! Yeay.. Okay, first of all, the 'yeay..' part supposed to be more cheerful than that. But I could not find joy in schooling. Not in this alien country! I miss my old home, where Daddy and I would cook dinner together, and hang out in Daddy's club every Saturday night. Whenever he was busy with his businesses, I would be fooling around with s, which were more like babysitters for me. 

"Let's go! Sorry for taking up your time. Need to get this hair done," said Jiyong-sama as he (finally) put down the car's hand brake after running his fingers though the spray-fixed hairdo. I forced to plaster up a smile, which apparently turned awkward. Good thing that Jiyong-sama did not looked at me, or he will notices.

"That's a forced smile," he commented behind his steering wheel, bitterly.

I was very surprised. How could he be this observant? Are not he used to be the most ignorant guy in the house? The silence consumed the car for several minutes before I finally got my courage back to pick up my tongue.

"I-I'm so sorry, Jiyong-sama," I cried timidly from behind. To my surprise, instead of getting a morning nag as I expected, I got myself his morning laughs. Well, that seems peculiar.. 

"Nah, it's OK. I understand the feeling of being in different country. You got no choice, but to worry about the nonsense, right?" asked Jiyong-sama, looking at me from his rear view mirror. So that is where he caught my 'forced' smile..

"Yes. T-that's right, Jiyong-sama," I forced myself to agree on his false testimony. Luckily, he did not sensed my stuttered words.

"By the way Azuki-chan, do you mind not to call me Jiyong-sama? Sounded weird. Try calling me 'oppa'," he suggested, occasionally looking at me from his rear view mirror.

I was shocked at his sudden request. But I did try to pronouce it, only to make myself to turn into our morning laughing stock. My accent turned out weird and stiff in Korean. It will only creates a very awkward 'oppa' instead of the usual sweet and affectionate 'oppa'. He even tried to correct my pronunciation, which did not really helped much.

"I give up. Is it OK if I just call you 'onii-sama'?" I asked hopefully after our laughs subsided. "Its too hard for me to call you that, please.."

This time Jiyong-sama looked convinced, and finally he nodded after some time of thinking and evaluating my request. I squeled in joy for that. Now came to think of it, I'm still wondering how can name-calling can actually brings the wide gap between us, closer. 

"Thank you, Onii-sama!