Kidnapped

LAKEWOOD AND YAMAHA

"I'm a fool, am I?" 

I carelessly blurted out these image-drowning words. The familiar silhoutte stayed put in front of me, returning my icy cold stare as I shot her one too. The atmosphere froze with growing tension and angst. Suddenly, a concentrated stream of white rays reflected off the silver glass in front of me and direct-targeted onto my face, forcing me to squint my way out. Still in shock state of force-processing information and the inability of my eyes to adjust the sudden light change, an old lady slowly approached me. She grabbed me by my left ear, ignoring my cries of pain and my ridiculous so-called self defenses as she tried to drag me out from the room. After few trials with failures, she gave up. Still grabbing my left ear in her hand, she slowly breathed out the word that made the tip of my hairs stand and the eyes to escape from their sockets: "Music unites..and breaks". The corner of her lips curved into a smirk, that changed into a solid chuckle, which turned into an eerie laugh, filling the room with a misty dark and mysteriously cold aura. A sudden incredibly powerful yank by the ear from that heartless old creature/beast sent my feet off the ground and into deep agony. 


"Wait! Where am I?" I sat up abruptly when I realised that I am currently not in a place where I am used to be. The room was quite a spacious room. The walls were seemed like just being plastered with fresh wallpapers with my favourite shade of maroon. The ceiling, too seemed like freshly painted with my precious black. The bed itself brought me good news for having plenty of good night sleeps after dozens of restless night. The room was well-lit, with a wide glass window hidden behind layers of heavily manufactured curtain and beautifully crafted lightings dangling from the ceiling above head. The room is fully equipped with a sturdy wooden study desk which doubles as a computer desk. There were some good and attractive books arranged neatly across the bookshelves nearby, creating a very sophisticated looks. Everything felt so perfect and off-beat at the same time. I was getting more and more confused.     

"This place is alienated!" I panicked. That was when my eyes drifted off to my old pal, the piano that stood majestically in a corner under the mid-summer sun. For the first time, I smiled for its presence.  

A click from the room doorknob shifted my focus, revealing a young maiden, in her early 20's I assumed, came in with a gentle smile plastered on her face. She brought me a jug of tea with strong and irrestible aroma in a tray, along with fresh clothes. She seemed very friendly and easily approachable. Maybe she has clues to these things happened. 

"Miss Noma, please get yourself ready in 30 minutes. The mistress would like to have a word with you. I'll you to meet her," ordered her in her formal and stern voice, that obviously shatter my light of hope. My gosh! Maybe I should stop judging books from their covers. From appearance, she looks very gentle and friendly. But the way she gave me orders later on shook me off my mind: she is this strict? How am I going to survive.. But, 'Miss Noma'? What? 

I must have loooked so puzzled till a level that she decided pulled my whole being up to my feet. I was still shocked that she, who older than me, would ever speak so formal to a younger girl like me. I mean, who am I that she had to speak this way.

"Miss Noma, you need to hurry. There, is your washroom," She stated as she shove me into the latter room like I am her teddy bear that need a severe bath. Another 'Miss Noma'..

"I'll be out here..if you need me,"she said as she officially and finally took in her breath once she shove me into the washroom. Wait, she just held her breath, right? Am i really that smelly? Ouch, I felt offended..

"Chop, Chop!" That were the final word I heard before she slammed the door shut. Anyway, bath and tea is awaiting.. 


The maiden showed me the way to the mistress that I have been ordered to meet. The house is terribly grand, wait, more like a mansion to me. I felt like I am the only earthling on Mars! Along the way, I witnessed many magnificent works, ranging from the hand-crafted doors to the well-polished hard timber floorings, till all the way up to the perfectly reflected lights from the heavenly chandeliers.The journey ended in a contemporary-looking office which designs were obviously for women. Sound of my slippers being dragged in filled the quiet room. A woman stirred from her work once she sensed my presense. She instantly stood up and beamed down a smile. A very familiar face flooded my mind. I was so confused and scared, I did not respond to her smile.

"Azuki darling! Still remember me?" she held out her hand for me to shake. I was still in the middle of digesting information, till I did not realised of the hand reached out in front of me. Seeing me not responding, she smiled again as she retracted her hand slowly, trying to act normal from the embarrassment gained. 

"I'm your mother," she said to me cheerfully. My eyes instantly widen as I gasped in shock. I could not believe in any of these. What just happened? She walked back to her desk, leaving me dumb-founded in the middle of her office. 

"W-why am I here?" I finally released the cat that caught hold of tongue. My voice was abnormally timid and stiff.

"I brought you here," she replied, without looking at me. In the corner of my eyes, I have spotted a smirk formed in the corner of . The office door was flung open, revealing the maiden just now. 

"Anna, just in time! Bring her back to her room. Get ready for dinner, Azuki-chan! We have a lot to talk about," said the so-called mother, still smiling. I did not get anything that going on here, so I just followed the orders. 


The night consumed the land, leaving only moonlight staying by my side. I stood in front of my bedroom window. The bluish glow from the midnight full moon painted the green yard gloomy blue. The sky above seemed absurbly clear, with all the twinkling diamonds sparkled, giving deep contrast with the empty black space behind. The view is outstanding, but not enough to calm my whole being down. My mind was still in a clutteried mess. There must be something to solve these puzzles.. 

Why am I here? I don't remember I did any wrong deeds till a level that I got to be captured from freedom.

Who am I? Why do the maiden called me 'Miss Noma'. 

Wait! I just being brought here without permission from me. Does that means, I have been kidnapped?