the party

Skinny Love

“I am not going to that party. I’m telling you this right now so, stop bothering me.” Chanyeol hissed. He lay down on the floor after doing push ups.

“Please, Chanyeol. It’s Baekhyun’s!” Kai insisted. Chanyeol smirked at the thought of Kai being desperate. He probably want to not leave Baekhyun alone when he and Kyungsoo have their 'quality time' so he's asking Chanyeol to come.

He turned off the loudspeaker mode, “What am I going to do there? Baekhyun’s busy with Taeyeon and only you know about my thing about Baek.”

“So you’re giving up, huh. Then, you don’t deserve him.”

“What do you mean? I just want him to be happy!” Chanyeol wrinkled his forehead.

Kai chuckles, “Go to the party or Taeyeon’s gonna grab your Baekhyun pie.”

With that, Kai hung up.

“What the ?” Chanyeol shouted. Confused. Is he shouting because Kai hung up or because Taeyeon will snatch Baekhyun from him.

 

I don’t even have him.

 

It has been two months since Chanyeol felt the unusual feeling. He’s in love with Baekhyun for two months and he doesn’t want to confess... yet.


“So you’re not giving up. I see.” Kai’s smile became smirk.

They’re at the car outside Baekhyun’s house. It was quiet.

“Hey, you sure there’s a party? Cause if yes, what the ?” Chanyeol complained as he puff another stick of cigarette.

“The you doing? Stop smoking!” Kai rolled down his window.

“Ha, so you’re here to lecture me, mom.” Chanyeol said sarcastically as he blew smoke in Kai’s face.

Kai rolled his eyes out of annoyance.

“Shall we go inside or not?” Kai turned off his engine and he get out of the car.

“I’ll be there in a minute.” Chanyeol whispered.


“Happy Birthday, Baekhyun!” Kai shouted, raising his hands. “...I bought some booze and few red cups.” He suddenly lowered his voice.

“What? I thought you’re having a party?” Kai sat down on a chair, facepalming.

“Tea party.” Kyungsoo answered.

Baekhyun stood up in surprise. Chanyeol is standing by the door. He’s wearing hoodie and sweat pants but still, he looks so goddamn y.

“Uh... Hey... Welcome to the party!” Baekhyun screamed as he combs his bangs to the side.

Baekhyun snatched the beverages from Kai and started opening it. “Let’s get this party started!”


“What the . I thought we’re having a party. I mean fun party, not boring tea and booze party.” Kai grimaced, drinking his second cup of booze.

Kyungsoo stared at him as if he’s going to kill him any minute. “Ah yeah, this party is so fun, yey!” He said awkwardly.

“How about we watch this?” Baekhyun held the CD in front of him.

“The Notebook? It’s a good movie but I’ve seen it a million times.” Kyungsoo answered.

“Yeah, me too.” Kai followed.

Silence filled the room. Chanyeol still puffing another cigarette stick.

“Where are your parents?” Chanyeol asked, breaking the ice.

“They said I can be alone and invite some friends. They’re out of town. I have no siblings, I am the only child.” Baekhyun smiled. He felt that Chanyeol is getting to know him more. He wants Chanyeol to know that he’s not a psychotic stalker.

“How ‘bout we play ‘Never have I ever’?” Kyungsoo suggested.

“Yeah, let’s do it.” Everyone said in chorus.

They formed a circle and placed the booze on the center. It’s just the four of them.

“I’ll start. Never have I ever watched with someone else.” Kai looked at them. No one’s drinking.

“Okay, alright.” Chanyeol drinks up his beer.

“My turn. Never have I ever fantasised about anyone in this room.” Chanyeol’s eager to see them drink.

Kai and Kyungsoo drink up their beer and stared at each other while Kai’s biting his lip.

“Ugh, gross.” Chanyeol shriek when he saw Kai doing that.

“Wait.” Baekhyun stopped Kyungsoo, “I gotta drink.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

 

Is it about me?

It’s kind of gross but sweet.

 

They spent the night drinking and playing games.

“Should I invite my facebook friends to go here? Or just the EXO members?” Baekhyun asked. Tipsy.

“Both.”


The room is dark. The music is upbeat and loud you can barely hear people talking. Everyone is having fun. Everyone is going crazy. The room smells sweat, smoke, and puke.

 

“You’re heavier than I thought.” Chanyeol whispered as he lay Baekhyun on his bed upstairs.

“And you’re nicer than I thought.” Baekhyun said. He is drunk and it’s his first time drinking alcohol.

Chanyeol smirked, “You should get to know me.”

 

Chanyeol sat at the side of Baekhyun’s bed, still smoking.

“Quit smoking. It will kill you.” Baekhyun pouted.

“I know. We are born to die, right?”

“Are you depressed because you are.”

“What?”

“Don’t kill yourself, Chanyeol. I’m always here. Always.”

Chanyeol crane his neck to Baekhyun. “You got Taeyeon.”

“Yeah.”

 

Chanyeol is disappointed in Baekhyun’s answer. He thought that Baekhyun will say that Taeyeon’s not his special girl. Chanyeol pushed his hair back as he exhale smoke that looks like halo.

 

“Can we like hang out some time?” Baekhyun asked, pulling Chanyeol’s hoodie.

Chanyeol slowly turns his head to Baekhyun and to his surprise, Baekhyun is kneeling on the bed and his face is so near, he could kiss him.

Baekhyun was about to kiss Chanyeol. Chanyeol froze and he is in shock. Completely.

“Sorry, I feel like puking.”


a/n: short update!! pls do comment and upvote :-)

i will be updating this fic once a week so pls do support!! Thank you!!

all the love, swkshawol