catching feelings

Skinny Love

“Sending 143 from me to you.”

 

          Journalism class dismissed. Chanyeol peeks at the door to see if his nightmare is outside, waiting for him. He was bracing himself to see Baekhyun there but he doesn’t show.

          He let out a relieved sigh and walked through the hall without worries. He was on the 3rd floor of the building when Baekhyun popped out on his mind. He’s not here today, maybe he’s at the practice room. He shrugged.

         

         His hand was on the door knob of the practice room, I’ll find out what you’re doing and annoy you first!  He said at the back of his mind. He then thought, ‘What is it in me that wants to hurt Baekhyun’s feelings?’

          As he opened the door, he yelled, “There you are Byun Baekhyun!” He scanned the room and found no Baekhyun.

           “He’s absent.” Kyungsoo murmured, trying not to moan as Kai tickles him by placing kisses on his neck.

           Chanyeol felt relieved as Kyungsoo confirmed things. He sat on the end of the bed, thanking the Lord that Baekhyun’s not around to ask him nonsense things and bug him from time to time.

          Distracted by the view he yelped, “Get a room!” Chanyeol’s nose twitched that made the members laugh.


           “I can’t go to practice yet. I have to submit my project in journalism by the end of this month.” Chanyeol said as he bade good bye to Lay who’s composing a song with Sehun.

          Chanyeol joined the journalism org and is taking journalism subject because he likes to write and read. Park Yoora, her sister, has been his inspiration. His sister is a TV reporter and took the journalism class also. He looks up to her and promised that he will follow her steps. Chanyeol dreams to become a successful author and write his own story. He may be repulsive, mean and sarcastic, but he really is naive and very practical.

          He found himself at the rooftop thinking about things. He reached for his backpack and got his notebook and pack of cigarette. Smoking is prohibited in schools but Chanyeol is kind of a badass. He has this little theory that says, “ the rules, if you like it, do it. What’s done is done anyway.”

          He lit up a cigarette and started writing. They need to pass an essay about whatever. Chanyeol started fidgeting on his seat, unable to think of a topic.

          He sat on the floor puffing on a cigarette. He finally came up with the topic about Music and Poetry.

          He wrote, Life is a poetry.  He pauses for a long time. Unsatisfied with his work, he crumpled the paper and tossed it beside him.

          Why do I feel incomplete, like what the ing ? It has been 3 days and Baekhyun’s still absent and I don’t know why the I am wasting my time thinking of the bad things I said or did. The 50th anniv of the school was like, a month ago and did he really make that little of an impact?  He didn’t notice that he was writing down his thoughts. He crumpled the paper and tossed it somewhere near him.

          He tried to focus on music and poetry but failed. Baekhyun was clouding up his mind. He scratches the back of his head, puffing on his third cigarette stick.

          “I should be relieved and relaxed but the funny thing is... I’m stressing over Baekhyun’s absence. Maybe I was used to him calling or shouting my name and the sudden skinship and blurting out the ILY phrase out of the blue. I don’t know...” he hissed. “Park Chanyeol, you need to calm your off. Should I call him or just text him or not... What if this is one of his plans and he might misinterpret it.” He stared at his phone. Just one tap to call Baekhyun. But instead of calling Baekhyun, he called Kai.

          As soon as Kai pressed accept, Chanyeol abruptly said, “Kai, I need to talk to you. Rooftop. RIGHT.NOW.”

           “Okay.” He replied.


          Chanyeol looked up to the sky, watching the clouds pass by, he asked the tanned boy. “Why am I feeling like this?”

          Kai crane his neck to Chanyeol who was about to puff another stick, “Feeling what?”

           “I don’t know. Have you ever craved someone so much that you literally ache?”

           Ignoring the question, Kai gave Chanyeol a suspicious look, “Don’t tell me... you’ve fallen in love with him?” Obviously referring to Baekhyun; Eager for the other boy’s response.

           “I-It’s not like I’m in l-love with h-him and falling in love with someone is...pointless.”  He protested as he exhaled smoke. “...and F.Y.I. I am straight!”

           “In love, gender doesn’t matter. If you love him, then you do. It’s simple as that.” Kai said as he sat on the floor beside him, wearing a grin. “I used to say that. But I found myself catching feelings for Kyungsoo.”

           “It’s nonsense, you invest your feelings and end up getting hurt. It’s like, it’s so stupid.”

           “That’s love. You’re going to sacrifice, do everything without wanting any in return.” Kai took a sip from his apple juice, “Why don’t you call him and ask him yourself?” He protested as if it’s an easy thing to do for Chanyeol.

          Chanyeol sits back up, “Nuh-uh. Not a chance.” Inhaling smoke.

           “Stop acting naive, Chanyeol. Don’t come crying to me if you find out that he’s giving up on you.” Kai warned causing Chanyeol to be terrified.  “I’m telling you, you’re in love with Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol.”

          Irritated, Chanyeol grunted, “This isn’t me being naive and how would I even know what love felt like? I’m eighteen, for God’s sake. And I am ing straight.”

           “It doesn’t matter if you’re in love with the same gender. God, so homophobic!” Kai growled, about to lose his temper. “You act tough but all you want is to fall in love and be loved in return. The heart wants what it wants Chanyeol. There’s no logic to it. If I were you, I’ll swallow my pride and ask Baekhyun where he is. Loving someone isn’t a crime.” Kai snatched Chanyeol’s phone and dialed Baekhyun’s number. He stood up and exited before Chanyeol could give him a kick or punch.

          Chanyeol was about to click the call button but he locked his phone instead.

          Kai’s voice echoed on his mind, ‘You act tough but all you want is to fall in love and be loved in return.’

          Chanyeol spent the day thinking about his thoughts, Kai’s thoughts and of course, Baekhyun.  After mulling over his thoughts, he finally made a decision


plz comment kkk~