officially yours

Skinny Love

     Chanyeol found himself in front of his locker, secretly listening to Baekhyun and Taeyeon’s conversation. His forehead wrinkles and fists are clenched. He hears Baekhyun giggling while holding hands with Taeyeon. The blonde girl is wearing a gray dress and a caramel brown cardigan. On her feet are black sandals. The guy he loves is wearing striped white and blue long sleeves and a pair of skinny jeans.

     Chanyeol is not talking to Baekhyun after Baekhyun puked on his hoodie. Baekhyun did apologize but Chanyeol’s ego was hurt. He thought that Baekhyun will kiss him.

     I am gay.

     “I love you.” The blonde girl says and her eyes are glittery.

     “I love you too.” The boy replies as he caresses the blonde girl’s face. Chanyeol doesn’t like what he sees. Heat rises on his head and he wants to confess. He closes his locker and walks up to Baekhyun. He snatches Baekhyun’s hand from Taeyeon and hugs him so tight.

     “Chanyeol? What are you doing? I can’t breathe.” The boy asks, his left ear is on Chanyeol’s chest. He can hear his heartbeat.

     Chanyeol did not respond and Baekhyun asked Taeyeon to leave them for a second. After a few minutes, Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun and steps backward. He lowered his head and walks away slowly. Chanyeol was not aware he did that. He was caught in the heat of the moment. To his surprise, Baekhyun grabs his wrist and looks at him in the eyes.

     “Why are you doing this? We were okay then one minute, you stopped talking to me and now, you just stole my moment with Taeyeon. What the is wrong with you, Chanyeol? I am tired. Tired of being played and tired of assuming... Just... tell me what’s wrong with you.” Baekhyun says as droplets of tears flow down his cheeks.

     Chanyeol is surprised because Baekhyun breakdown. “I...”

     “Speak!” Baekhyun shouts, still looking at trembling Chanyeol.

     Chanyeol closes his eyes and opens them. He heaves a sigh and starts talking. “I am jealous, Baekhyun! So jealous! You made me feel like someone actually cares about me. I am hurt and I feel like you’re being so distant to me. Then, Taeyeon comes and it seems like you forgot all about me already. Why is that? I love you, Baekhyun. I love you so much it hurts. Just one last thing, tell me you're over me.”

      Baekhyun’s eyes widen. His cheeks are cherry red, his mouth slightly parted. “So that’s why you’re being distant to me. You are the one who is distant to me, Chanyeol not me. And Taeyeon’s just my best friend!”

     Chanyeol is dumbfounded. Taeyeon is actually Baekhyun’s best friend since they were 7.

     Baekhyun continues, “Does it mean we’re boy friends?”

     Chanyeol is quiet.

     “I mean boy friend girl friend kind of thing?”

     Silence filled the hall. Chanyeol remains mute and shocked until Baekhyun leans in, stands in front of Chanyeol tip toe and kisses him. Baekhyun felt loved and Chanyeol’s mouth tastes sweet. Chanyeol found himself kissing Baekhyun back.

They cut the kiss and smile to each other. “Yes. I’m your boy friend now, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol mumbles and seals it with a kiss.