nightmare

Skinny Love

“I still remember everything from the start. Reminiscing about it makes me fall in love to you more...”

 

         He looked around the hall if a short guy wearing heavy eyeliner is around. His knees are shaking and palms are sweating. The time he closed the door, he started running fast when he heard a familiar voice.

 

          “Park Chanyeol.”

 

         Heat went up to his head, his knees are still shaking. He looked back and turned pale when he saw him. The short guy with the heavy eyeliner.  

          “Byun Baekhyun.” He said as if he saw a ghost. He smiled awkwardly and escaped quickly. He ran as fast as he can from fourth floor to the ground floor. He ran so hard he can hardly breathe. He heave a sigh because he escaped and Baekhyun is nowhere in sight.

 

“I love you, Chanyeol!”

“I love you, Park Chanyeol!”

“I love you so much my Park Chanyeol!”

 

 

         Everybody stared at him and started murmuring. He tried to pull out a smile but failed so he tried to run like the wind while covering his face with a handkerchief. Damn that Baekhyun! He said at the back of his mind, still embarrassed about what Baekhyun did.


          “So, did that Baekhyun guy chased you again?” Kai asked with a grin on his face. Messy hair and perspired, Chanyeol tried to catch his breath. “Of course.” He said sarcastically while still out of breath.

          “Why don’t you entertain him?” Kai munched on his snack.

          “No way.” He replied with a what-the- expression on his face. Chanyeol picked up his guitar and started practicing.  Chanyeol is pretty popular in their school because he’s a rapper and the guitarist of the school’s band whose name is EXO and aside of his singing talent; he is also a member of the Journalism org in their school.

          “So, what’s the plan for the school’s 50th foundation day?” he asked, still focusing on the guitar.

          “I got a call.” Kai responded. Kai is one of the members of the popular band in school. Aside from his talent in playing drums, he’s also good in dancing. He is a leader of a certain dance troupe and is pretty popular also. In short, all of the members of EXO are popular because of their looks and skills.

          “Oh hey, Kyungsoo, band practice. I’m fine. Okay, see you later. I love you.” Kai was shy about the last phrase. He turned to Chanyeol who was laughing his off. 

          “Kyungsoo will come over here with a friend.” Kai continued on munching his snack. “Cool.” Chanyeol said as he adjusts the strings of his guitar.

 

 

          Kai and Chanyeol were busy practicing when they heard someone knocking on the door. “It must be Kyungsoo.” Kai made his way to the door and welcomed Kyungsoo with a warm hug.

          “Come in!” Chanyeol smiled without looking at the visitors. “Hey, this is my friend, Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Byun Baekhyun

 

Byun Baekhyun

 

Byun Baekhyun

 

         The name Byun Baekhyun echoed on his mind nonstop. It’s like wherever he goes, Baekhyun is there. It’s like he is in a cage with Baekhyun.

 

          “You can run but you can’t hide.” Baekhyun uttered as he sat beside Chanyeol. Shiver went down his spine. He stopped strumming his guitar and yelled “What are you doing here?”

          “That’s not nice, Chanyeol. He’s Kyungsoo’s friend.” Kai in while caressing the partner’s face. Before Chanyeol say mean things, the other band members came.

          “We have a visitor.” Kai shouted.

 

          “Hi, I’m Byun Baekhyun. Chanyeol’s boyfriend.” Baekhyun bowed and wore a big smile on his face that drive Chanyeol crazy, in a bad way. Chanyeol was dumbfounded, still in shock about what Baekhyun said.

          “I am not your boyfriend!” he shouted at the top of his lungs. Baekhyun giggled and clings to his arm to Chanyeol’s.

          “My Chanyeol is denial but don’t worry. I’ll be your boyfriend soon.”

         The other band members gave Chanyeol a suspicious look. Chanyeol just shrugged off the topic.

          “By the way, I am Kris, in charge with the keyboard.”

          “I am Lay, bassist and vocals.”

          “I am Sehun, handsome. Kidding, in charge of guitar.”

 

         They spent the day chatting and munching on some snacks made by Kyungsoo. Baekhyun had fun while Chanyeol thought that he must be the most unfortunate guy on earth. A guy who is creeping him out for a year and couple of months is having fun with his friends and will be the main vocalist of the band by unanimous decision because they heard Baekhyun sing. Baekhyun has an angelic voice and has passion for music but is afraid to try auditions.

         The thought of leaving the band never crossed Chanyeol’s mind except today so he decided to do something about it—to make Baekhyun quit the band. I will make Baekhyun hate me.

 

He’s my nightmare.

 


          “Hi, Park Chanyeol.” Baekhyun greeted him with a grin on his face. It has been 2 weeks since Baekhyun began practicing with the band. They will be singing Baby and Miracle in December on the 50th foundation day of their school.

         Chanyeol tousled his hair out of frustration. He did everything he could to make Baekhyun hate him. But to no avail, Baekhyun don’t give up easily.

         2 weeks ago, Chanyeol started his plan. He invited Baekhyun to go to the practice room and asked him to do all the cleaning while he rests. Baekhyun didn’t have second thoughts, he accepted his challenge. After that, Chanyeol would ask Baekhyun to do his assignments and buy him food and to his surprise, Baekhyun didn’t complain about it. 2 weeks of continuous errands and hard work, Baekhyun seems to be enjoying it and Chanyeol had to give up because it doesn’t make any sense.

Boiji anneun neol chajeuryeogo aesseulta

deulliji anneun neol deureuryeo aesseulta

Boiji andeonge boigo deulliji andeongedeullyeo neo nareul tteonan dwiro naegen eotteon himi saenggyeosseo...

 

         Chanyeol listened to Baekhyun. He realized that Baekhyun really is a great singer. Baekhyun’s playing the keyboard while he sings. Chanyeol found himself staring at Baekhyun’s skinny hands and saying Damn fingers at the back of his mind. He doesn’t like the thought of him staring or looking at Baekhyun but he can’t help it. Baekhyun is just so gorgeous.

          “Do you hate me?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol in the midst of his practice. He turned to Chanyeol who is lying on the bed with pillows over his face. Kyungsoo bought it for Kai in case Kai would be tired or needs some rest.

         Shaking his head, Baekhyun mumbled, “We’re alone in this room and we are closer to each other but you’re so distant to me.”

          “What did you say?” Chanyeol asked and gave Baekhyun an annoyed look.

          “I love you, Park Chanyeol.” Baekhyun uttered as he continued playing the piano.

          “Why are you so cheesy? Why do you even like me? What did you ever see in me anyway?” Chanyeol finally said it. He was so curious about it because he’s mean and repulsive but Baekhyun is like, blind to see it. 

          “Because, you’re you.”

         Chanyeol didn’t see that coming. His stomach clenches and he’s going to throw up. He threw the pillow to Baekhyun’s face who is smiling about Chanyeol’s response. “You like it, don’t you?” Baekhyun muttered as he threw the pillow back to Chanyeol.

 

         Chanyeol thought, He’s really something.