confused, jealous and in love?

Skinny Love

     Sweaty palms and heart beating in his chest. Chanyeol puff another cigarette.

 

     What if he reject me? What if I am confused, or just infatuated? What if we are not meant for each other? What if I tell him my feelings, he’d go away?

 

     Negative thoughts clouded up his mind. Chanyeol tossed the cigarette on the ground and stepped on it.

     “I can do this.” He whispered to himself as he push his hair back.

 

     He saw Baekhyun at the hallway, standing alone. He’s wearing skinny jeans and a v-neck top that looks good on him. It’s the right time for him to confess. A big lump formed in his throat as he steps forward. His heart jumping and his forehead sweaty, he whispered to himself, “Don’t be a , Chanyeol.”

 

“Hey.” Chanyeol smiled as he finally reached Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smiled back. “Hey.”

“Hm, you’ve been MIA lately... what happened?” Chanyeol asked, still nervous.

“Took a break from reality. Why are you asking?”

“It’s because I want to tell you something important. And I can’t sleep properly because I kept on thinking about it. All I want to say is—“

“Taeyeon-ah!”  Baekhyun shouted, stopping Chanyeol.

A yellow-haired girl runs toward Baekhyun and hugs him. Baekhyun kisses her cheek. Chanyeol is dumbfounded. He just saw the guy he likes kissed a girl. Not just a girl, a beautiful girl. His forehead wrinkles.

“Oh, this is Taeyeon. Taeyeon, meet Chanyeol. Chanyeol, meet Taeyeon.” Baekhyun is so excited that his eyes are also smiling.

Taeyeon reaches her hand to Chanyeol but Chanyeol still processing what did just happened.

“Hm okay, so Chanyeol, what were you trying to say? I’m sorry I cut you off. I was just so excited to meet Taeyeon.” Baekhyun yelled as he put his arms around Taeyeon’s waist.

“You have to practice ASAP.” Chanyeol lied, eyes still on Baekhyun’s arm. “I’m going to be late in my next class, so see you later.”

“Okay.”

 

The truth is, Chanyeol doesn’t have next class. He climbed to the rooftop to rethink about confessing his feelings.

What the did I just see? One day, he chases me and saying ILY to me, then the next day, he’s giving me a cold shoulder... no, not cold shoulder. He’s noticing me but he’s not that obsess with me today. No, he’s not obsessed with me. Well, maybe. And who is Taeyeon? Is he his girlfriend? Maybe Jongin’s right. He’s going to find someone nice... unlike me. All I do is shut him off and annoy him. Maybe I went too far that he decided to ‘unlike’ me.

He puffs on his cigarette to make him calm. Chanyeol is definitely a smoker.

 

Byun Baekhyun, what are you doing to me?


     Chanyeol finds himself at a cafe, writing his thoughts about Baekhyun. When he writes about Baekhyun, he doesn’t read it. Because he’s not the sweet kind of guy. He grabs his cell phone and dialled Baekhyun’s number. Before he press the call button, he then thought, He’s with Taeyeon.

 

“I should stop being annoying.” He packs his things and is ready to go when Baekhyun showed up in front of him, making him feel more nervous.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry if I’ve been MIA lately. Do you want to talk? If it’s okay with you.” Baekhyun asks, wearing a confused face.

“Of course.” He replied.

“Sooo, what were you trying to say?”

“I already told you, you should come to the practice, Lay and Sehun composed a song. It’s amazing. You should listen to it.”

“Okay!” Baekhyun smiled.

 

And with that, Taeyeon comes holding a tray of snacks.

“Let’s eat?” Taeyeon sits down beside Baekhyun.

“You should come to the practice room with me, Tae-Tae. Chanyeol said that Lay and Sehun composed a song and it’s amazing. How’bout we go after this. You wanna come too?” He asks.

“Me?” Chanyeol pointed at his self.

“Yes!” Baekhyun shouted, excited.

“T! You’re such a messy eater! Look at you! Wait, let me wipe it.” Baekhyun grunted as he wipes the cream on Taeyeon’s lip and it. “Yum!”

 

Chanyeol felt an unusual feeling.

 

What’s with the nickname? It sounds horrible.

Am I jealous?

No, I can’t be jealous.

 

Baekhyun is so cute even when grunting. His collarbones are showing which makes Chanyeol drool—on the inside.

Chanyeol excused himself and went home.

 

“What are you trying to do to me? I felt feelings I’ve never felt before. I don’t like it.” He whispered to his self as he touched his chest. Is this what they called... Love?”