Denial

Playboy

Sehun’s POV

 

“Sehun-ssi look this way please!” the cameraman shouted politely once again. I love photoshoots really I do. They were probably the best part of the job because all I had to do was follow instructions and look hot. But today I just couldn’t focus and it was all because of that damn girl Min. I briefly glanced at my watch to see that it was 6pm. Only an hour to go until our night off and I still didn’t have the faintest idea what to do with her.

 

“Right guys take five while we change the set up and cameras!” another man announced as a loud bell sounded. I took this opportunity to pull Suho hyung over to the side to ask for his advice.

 

“Hyung can I talk to you for a moment?” I asked him, my eyes fixed on the ground as I twiddled my fingers. I hated asking for help so I was trying to make myself look cute and play the maknae card. Suho always fell for it the hardest and today was no exception.

 

“Of course Sehunnie you can always talk to your favourite hyung,” he said as he looked at me affectionately. It took everything I had not to roll my eyes so I just smirked instead at his confidence in himself.

 

“I’m stuck on where I should bring Min-ah tonight,” I admitted, and for some strange reason I could feel my cheeks flare up in a blush. Stop it Sehun what are you doing? This wasn’t part of the plan! Suho just gave me a knowing look which only made matters worse.

 

“Ah is our maknae falling in love with the girl he deemed ‘too alternative’?” he jested, his voice slightly louder which attracted the attention of Tao who was standing nearby. Great an audience just what I need.

 

“This brat? In love? Come off it he doesn’t do love. His isn’t into it,” Tao stated rather bluntly. I just wanted to crawl up into a ball right then and there. Why couldn’t the break be called off already?

 

“Yeah exactly I just want to mess with her head. You know make her think I’m a sweet guy and get her to want me, then her and take her away from her. So help me out.” I looked at Suho with pleading eyes but he just shook his head.

 

“Sorry but I’m not going to help you out if those are your motives. You should gain more respect for women and appreciate their individual beauty.” I was about to make some whiny complaint but the look on his face warned me against it. He was serious. I then looked to Tao but he shared a similar mindset with Suho.

 

“I’m with Suho on this one. Min is Nari-yah’s friend and if Min gets hurt because of you, I’ll have to hear about it for days on end from Nari.” The both of them stood up and walked off, leaving me alone in my thoughts. I thought back to when all of them stopped talking to me because of Min’s outburst at Music Core. Why are they all on her side not mine? She’s barely been here 3 weeks while I’ve known all of them for more than 3 years. This thought made me bitter. Being the maknae meant that I was always the centre of attention in the dorms, with the rare exception of someone else’s birthday, and that’s just how I liked it. It was unsettling to say the least that they were all preferring her over me. This is why you can’t like this Min girl. This is why she deserves you to break her heart.

 

The break finally came to an end and I was grateful for this. I was still just as distracted but the cameraman stopped yelling at me so that was a bonus. I tried to look at Suho but he was blanking me completely and I had to admit it hurt. He would always look out for me more than the rest and I would never say it to him directly but his affection always meant the most to me.

 

“Alright we will finish up early today. I think we have everything we need. Thank you very much everyone!” the director exclaimed and a round of applause erupted but I didn’t feel like clapping. Suho had his signature leader smile plastered on his face as he thanked the crew for inviting us. It was 6:30PM according to the clock in the studio and I still wasn’t any closer to a date plan. Everyone was gathering their things while I just loitered by the exit. I was in such a daze that I jumped slightly when Tao put his hand on my shoulder.

 

“You really do like Min don’t you?” he whispered softly so that no-one else would hear us. I looked at him with wide eyes, unsure of how to react. “I see through your facade you know. Always have. We’re supposed to tell each other everything Hunnie.” I looked at my friend and thought about his words. Was I in denial? Am I really in love with her? Can players like me fall in love?

 

“I just want to treat her to a good night out as an apology for acting like a to her lately,” I replied which was by no means a lie. All the members had got me to see that my behaviour was uncalled for to say the least.

 

“Right well anyway Nari told me that she was supposed to go on a city tour with Min this afternoon because she is still new to Seoul but something urgent came up and she had to cancel. Maybe you could do that with her instead? Just don’t take her to our place by the Han River that’s our little secret.” I couldn’t help myself but envelope Tao in a massive hug. It was perfect and I fancied a walk as well.

 

“Thank you so much Taozi I really owe you one,” I replied sincerely but he just shook his head.

 

“No just consider it repayment for me not being able to return the favour in your room that day when Nari walked in,” he said with a smirk and I just laughed while scratching the back of my neck.

 

“I suppose I can forgive you for that one now. Let’s get going we don’t want to be late. Speaking of which, where are you taking Nari?” Tao just shook his head and tapped the side of his nose.

 

“It’s a secret you might steal my idea.” I just rolled my eyes and pulled him into a tackle hold. Even though he was a year older than me he acted like the more childish one sometimes.

 

“You two! Get into the van!” manager hyung called after us and we obeyed immediately. We rarely ever got time off and we definitely wanted to show our gratitude for it being granted to us. The van door closed once both of us were inside. I was no longer dreading the night out with Min. In fact I was looking forward to it, except for this strange floaty feeling in my stomach which I couldn’t seem to shake. Could it be butterflies?

 

Min’s POV

 

“Are you sure I don’t look like some classy e?” I asked once again. As soon as the boys left for their photoshoot, Nari took me speed shopping and spent god knows how much on a totally new outfit, including a push up bra.

 

“Honestly stop talking or I’ll mess up my handiwork!” Nari scolded me. “You will be a knock out once I’m finished with you trust me.” I wanted to believe her I really did, but her choice of clothing was very… out there. Don’t get me wrong, I love street fashion but the colours she chose were rather striking and I wasn’t sure whether I could pull it off. “Alright all done! Take a look!” I got up and stood in front of the mirror in shock. I was wearing a simple black off shoulder crop top with long sleeves, however my stomach was not visible thank god as the red A-line skirt I was wearing was also high waisted. I had long black boots as well with 3 inch heels. My skin looked completely even and my winged eyeliner coupled with the bright red lipstick looked incredibly striking.

 

“This is… wow,” I commented, turning around so I could see myself in the mirror from every angle much to Nari’s amusement.

 

“Told you I’m good! You’re style is very defined and you dress well for everyday situations, but for something more out there and different… well I’m your woman!” I had to agree with her there. She was really talented and she had an eye for this sort of thing. All of a sudden my mom beeped off and I had a look at it.

 

“Oh god it’s 6:45! Come on we better get back to the SM building!” Even though I was stressed out, Nari was as chilled out as ever. She had dressed up for her date with Tao too, but it wasn’t nearly as outrageous as my outfit. Just a white translucent sleeveless blouse which was tied at the front and a pair of black skinny leather pants, along with smokey eye make-up.

 

“You’re lucky I live so close by. Here don’t forget the clutch. I’ve preloaded it with everything you’ll need,” she told me before handing it over.

 

Why arrived at the SM building just before 7, but somehow all the boys were already there. Everyone’s heads turned around when they saw us walk in and I felt slightly uncomfortable that it was because of me. Tao tapped Sehun on the shoulder and whispered something in his ear, He turned around and looked at me in awe.

 

“Ah M-min. I’ve been w-waiting for you,” he stuttered, trying his best to be smooth. Not today you brat. Today it’s my turn to play the games.

 

“I assume that you have a plan for tonight?” I ask, obviously expecting the answer yes.

 

“Oh o-of course. I thought I could show you Seoul, since you are new here.” He was acting like a shy boy confessing his love to his middle school crush, not like an idol with a large personal harem of fangirls. I wondered how he knew that that’s exactly what I wanted to do, though. Maybe Tao or Nari tipped him off.

 

“Yeah sure. Lead the way,” I said which took him aback slightly. What did he expect me to squeal or something? As if. He offered me his arm and I took it as the two of us walked out together, with a few of the guys wolf-whistling at me and shouting words of encouragement to Sehun.

I wasn’t expecting to enjoy myself as much as I did. That brat actually had a character to him and once we were on our 3rd bottle of soju, he started to loosen up and so did I. We were currently dancing around by the side of the Han River, singing off key to some EXO song or another. We had to walk directly by the water’s edge to avoid being seen by fans but I didn’t mind. He was actually a pretty fun guy.

 

“Come on Min tell me. If you had to make out with a female idol, who would it be?” I just cringed and slapped him on the head.

 

“You’re such a guy! But I would have to say… EXID’s EL. You can tell she knows what’s what,” I slurred while having another gulp of soju. Sehun looked at me confused before he burst out laughing.

 

“Oh you mean LE! God you are such a lightweight,” Sehun laughed while finishing the rest of his bottle and tossing it into a trashcan behind him but missing completely.

 

“I’m a lightweight? You can’t even aim a bucking fottle into a cantrash,” I teased mockingly as he had to stoop down and pick it up.

 

“I’d like to see you do better!” Sehun challenged. I finished off the rest of my soju and easily flung it into the trashcan which was at least 2 metres away. He just looked at me with wide eyes, wondering how on earth I did such a thing.

 

“I used to be the star shooter in my basketball team in high school,” I said nonchalantly, shrugging my shoulders. He lay back against one of the bridge foundations and tapped the bit beside him, suggesting that I join him there and I obliged. I leaned my head against his shoulder and looked up at the stars, not noticing that he was staring at me.

 

“You know you really look beautiful tonight,” Sehun murmured in my ear. I was still giddy and therefore thought that he was just joking.

 

“Only tonight eh? So I look like a mess all the other times is that it?” Although my tone was light he still had this hurt expression on his face. I turned towards him so I was staring directly into his eyes. They looked different somehow. More… genuine.

 

“I’m sorry, Min. You really are beautiful.” He came slightly closer to me to the point I could hear him breathing. I didn’t know if it was my intoxicated brain or just how I genuinely felt, but his lips looked so inviting. And he was staring at mine too. No Min, Don’t do this. Remember this is all just a game.


“I’m sorry. I have to go,” I uttered quickly before running away, leaving him too shocked to come after me.


Hey everyone! Hope you liked this update. Please leave comments it really encourages me to continue and saying things you like helps me to write chapters faster. This author's note is to tell you about my friend who has done an audio recording of chapters 1 and 2 which you can find here

Have a good day!