Cold Shoulder

Playboy

Min's POV

For a second day at the job, this sure was hectic. Today was EXO's performance at Music Core which meant all of us assistants were acting as makeup artists and messengers as well. Luckily for me, it also meant we were required to help any member who needed assistance, not just the one we were officially assigned to. This meant I didn't have to deal with Sehun that much which was probably good for both of us. After yesterday, I feel like I'll slap his face if he makes even one bratty comment towards me. 

 

"Everyone! Get your asses over here! It's almost showtime!" Suho called out and all of us stopped what we were doing for a moment. 

 

"Does that mean us too?" Nari asked while adding the final touches to Tao's hair. 

 

"Of course it does! You're all part of our big family now!" Suho reassured us which made me feel warm. My real family aren't here with me in the city. But now I have an amazing army of friends. 

 

We all gathered together in a circle, assistants intermixed with EXO members, all of us hyped up on adrenaline. 

 

"Everyone out there is waiting for us so let's give them what they want to see!" Suho announced. 

 

"Yeah come on guys it'll be great! Let's just have fun!" Kai added. 

 

"Everybody hands in!" We all put out our hands into the massive circle and said the chant 'We are One! EXO!' altogether. Then they all left to go on stage, and us assistants watched them from backstage. This whole experience is so exhilarating to me. So many people would want this job and sure the pay isn't amazing but who cares? How many people can say they got to watch the most popular idol groups in korea perform for free?

 

Sehun's POV

"Thank you EXO-L!!" we shouted in unison as we bowed and then ran off stage. We headed straight for the EXO dressing room, where all the assistants were waiting for us at our designated chairs. I looked at Min who was standing behind me in the mirror and noticed that she looked better than she did yesterday. Her makeup was better and she even wore a skirt which made her legs look good. Maybe I should flirt with her, cheer her up a little. She's been in a weird mood all day. Plus I've been dying to get some action from a woman and it would be great to brag to the guys that I was the first one to bang their assistant.

 

"Can you get me a glass of sparkling water by any chance?" I ask her in my sweetest voice. She just rolled her eyes and walked over to the craft table, filled a glass with water and returned, slamming the glass in front of me. Wow something really is wrong with her. Maybe she's on her period... no don't assume that. 

 

"Is there something wrong, Min?" I ask cautiously. She was fixing my hair and wiping away my makeup so roughly that Baekhyun beside me started watching. 

 

"I'm fine," she mumbled while scurrying around and doing everything she could to avoid eye contact with me. I didn't believe that she was fine though so I grabbed her wrist when she tried to walk away.

 

"Can you just tell me what's wrong?" What have I turned into. It's not like me to ask about other people's welfare. 

 

"Let.go.of.my.wrist." she enunciated and I quickly obeyed. "Stop pretending you care about me."

 

"I care when you start walking around looking like you want to kill someone," I joked. Big mistake.

 

"You think this is all so funny don't you. You think I'm just some big joke to you? Well guess what I'm not interested in being your toy." By now the whole room had fallen silent. 

 

"What are you talking about Min?" I asked, genuinely confused. 

 

"You've been hostile to me ever since I got here and now I know why, after overhearing your conversation with Tao. I'm not the girl you wanted. You wanted a girl who had s like D.O's PA, or a face like Chen's. Well too bad you got me." She was in full blown rage mode now, not even caring that everyone was staring at her. 

 

She grabbed my glass of water from from off the table and held it firmly in her hands. "I like myself and the way I look, and if you think I'm going to be an easy girl who will be only too happy to change herself for you, you can think again!" She threw the water in my face and stormed out, adding a final 'screw you' before she slammed the door behind me, leaving me soaking wet and confused with all my members staring at me. 

 

Min's POV

I was running as fast as I could, tears running down my face. What the hell was I thinking? I've basically kissed my job goodbye and any hope of having one in this industry ever again. I saw the door to the door to the bathroom and ran in. Luckily there was no one else there so I collasped on the floor in the corner of the room and started crying. 

 

It wasn't long before Nari burst in and I looked up at her, feeling absolutely pathetic. 

 

"Oh Min! Come here," she said sympathetically holding out her arms. I didn't really want to stand up but I needed a hug so I did it anyway and began to cry on her shoulder. 

 

"I've really messed things up here haven't I?" I said in between sobs while she patted my back comfortingly. 

 

"Manager oppa wasn't there so I don't think so. Everyone is on your side Min." I sniffled, not really believing her. 

 

Then there was knocking on the door and me and Nari looked at each other, wondering who it was. 

 

"Min? Are you in there?" a soft voice asked which could only belong to Baekhyun. 

 

"Please come out, we want to make sure you're okay," another concerned voice asked, which was probably Chen's. 

 

"See? They do care so let's go out and see them," Nari encouraged me. I nodded reluctantly and opened the door to see two friendly faces smiling at me. The four of us had a group hug and it felt so nice to have people caring about me. 

 

"Guys you don't think I'll be fired do you?" I asked while trying to wipe my tears away. 

 

"Not if we have anything to say about it. Did Sehun really say those things to Tao?" Baek asked and I nodded. This caused Chen to clench his fists. It was so sweet that he was taking my side even though he hardly knows me.

 

"That brat has crossed the line. This is what has come of him idolising Miranda Kerr. He wouldn't know real beauty even when it's standing in front of him." I felt myself blushing. Chen was clearly referring to me but it was weird to hear him saying I'm pretty. 

 

Just then Tao started running towards us and was shouting my name so we all turned around to look at him. 

 

"I had a chat with Sehun and I made him promise not to tell manager hyung about what happened," Tao informed me and I felt relieved. I love this job too much to let it go. 

 

"Thank you Tao. Thank you thank you thank you!" I exclaimed while bowing several times before Baek stopped me. "How is Sehun?" 

 

"You care about his feelings too much, Min," Tao sighed but I ignored him. "He's doing some much overdue thinking. All the other members are blanking him right now." I suddenly felt really bad. That's not what I wanted at all. 

 

"That's not what was supposed to happen! You guys should all be by his side, not mine. I'm just an assistant," I murmured, feeling guilty. 

 

"Don't think that way! We're family now, " Chen told me and gave me a hug. They don't call him the 'Fairy Chen Mother' for nothing it seems.

 

"Yeah listen to Chen Chen. Nari, can you take Min home?" Nari nodded and started walking out the door, but I resisted. 

 

"But what about my job? I can't just get special treatment."

 

"Relax I'll sort it out. Get some rest and come back tomorrow okay?" Tao is so caring I never expected it. He's the polar opposite to Sehun. It's nice. 

 

"Thank you so much Tao. And thank you to Baek and Chen as well. You've been so kind to me." I waved goodbye to all of them and then walked out the door with Nari. 

 

It wasn't before I was back in my apartment and Soobin was there waiting for me. I lay back on the sofa and crawled up into a ball, still reliving one of the worst days of my life.

 

"Hey Min, what happened today? You seem upset." Ugh I really didn't want to tell her but she'd keep interrogating me so I decided to just tell her straight. 

 

"Oh not much. Except I went on a massive rant to Sehun in front of him and threw a glass of water at his face," I replied and the groaned, realising how terrible that sounded. Soo sat down next to me, feeling sympathetic. 

 

"Well he probably deserved it. The little brat." I laughed and then sat up, feeling slightly better. "Come on let's go out and club tonight! Forget about your bad day at work and have fun!" I nodded in agreement, for once actually feeling in the mood for a night out.

 

"Yeah okay just let me change into something nicer."

 

"Remember tomorrow is a new day, okay Min?" Even though Soobin was usually very jokey, she can give very good advice. She's right, tomorrow is a new day.