Rebound

Playboy

Sorry it's been so long since I updated! I was really busy but I hope this was worth the wait. Please comment it really motivates me to update <3​ 


Min’s POV

 

“Min wake up! Choi Min you’ve gotta wake up right now!” My roommate was shaking me and I looked at her all dazed and confused. Out of the corner of my eye I could see my alarm clock and noticed that it was only 6 AM. What the hell was going on that she was acting this hysterical? It’s not like Soobin to overreact.

 

“It’s barely 6 in the morning what is going on? Is there a fire?”. She shook her head and began to pace back and forth across the floor of my room. I’ve only seen her do that once before, which was when she was waiting to find out if she got this prestigious internship at some tech company or not,

 

“Is there something you’re not telling me?” Her question was so vastly differently from what I was expecting that I couldn’t help but laugh.

 

“Erm no why would you ask that?” She paused for a moment, looked directly at the window, and then kept on pacing.

 

“Unless I am imagining things, every reporter in the whole of Seoul is right outside our apartment block.” She sounded so serious that I felt like she was just playing a trick on me. Soobin was always happy and lively, even finding the good side in anything bad that ever happened to either of us. But the look in her eyes and the tone in her voice told me she was telling the truth, even if I wanted to deny it.

 

“But what does this have to do with me? They could be after anyone. Hundreds of people live in our building.” I was hoping that my suggestion would cause her to sigh in relief or do something to remove the hardened expression on her face. But it didn’t. And that’s when I heard the faint shouts outside the window, all of them chanting something in unison. Choi Min.

 

“Trust me Min I wouldn’t work myself up like this if there wasn’t a reason for it.” She took her phone out of her pocket and a few moments later showed me the screen. I grabbed it from her and started reading whatever was being displayed and quickly realised it was a news article. About me. And Sehun.

 

“Oh god… oh god,” I muttered under my breath and collapsed back onto my bed. I just simply couldn’t believe it. How could they spin two completely innocent moments into something so incriminating? Now I know how all those celebrities feel when their private lives are published in tabloid newspapers and magazines for everyone to see. If I read this story with two different people I would have believed they were in a relationship. I guess that’s the job of the paparazzi. To exploit anyone and everyone for the sake of a good story.

 

“So I take it you’re not Sehun’s secret lover?” Soobin asked. I could tell she was trying to be gentle and supportive but she couldn’t hide the irritation in her voice well enough this time.

 

“Of course not! And at this rate I never will be.” The second part of the sentence was never supposed to come out and it made my flatmate look at me with wide eyes.

 

“Min are you telling me that you’re falling in love with famous player Oh Sehun who you’ve been whining about since your first day on the job?” When she put it like that I could see why it was so hard to believe. Why am I even falling for a player? Because with you he is the picture of a true gentleman. “Let me guess, with you he’s different. He’s actually a really good guy once you get to know him blah blah blah?”

 

“No I wasn’t going to say that-”

 

“It’s okay Min, I know,” Soobin interrupted and came over to give me a hug. “Just be careful alright? I don’t trust this guy. I know I’ve said before that you’re crazy for not liking him but this is serious. I don’t want him ruining your chances at having a happy life, not to mention an amazing career.”

 

“I will be careful, Soo. But what are we going to do now? I can’t possibly go to work with all those photographers outside. They’ll crush me like an angry mob in 5 seconds flat.” Soobin walked to the window and peered through the see through curtains. Judging by the look on her face they hadn’t decreased in numbers and it was unlikely that they would anytime soon.

 

“I’ll call up EXO’s manager for you and figure it out. Why don’t you go and take a shower you’ll feel better afterwards.” Before I could protest Soobin had already dialled manager oppa’s number, though god knows how she got it, and was speaking rapidly on the phone with him. I took her advice and went to take a shower,

 

About half an hour later I was all dressed and ready, feeling much better than I did when I woke up. Soobin had also finished talking on the phone and was making me some breakfast. “The situation is all under control. In a few minutes all the photographers will receive an anonymous tip off that Baekhyun and Chanyeol are getting frisky in this random alleyway so they’ll all run over there like moths to flame, making it easy for a car to pick you up and drive you to work.” She put my plate down in front of me, trying her best to hide the proud smirk but failing.

 

“Baekhyun and Chanyeol aren’t actually in this alleyway are they?” I felt a bit stupid asking this question, and my stupidity was confirmed by Soobin rolling her eyes at me.

 

“No of course not you dipstick, although admittedly I am a bit sad about that, being a Baekyeol shipper and all. That’s why I suggested it in the first place as a scapegoat story.”

 

“Thank you so much, Soobinnie. I really owe you for everything that you’re doing.”

 

“Ah don’t mention it, it’s no trouble at all. Now eat before it gets cold.” I nodded and ate well, smiling to myself that maybe things wouldn’t be so bad.

 

Sehun’s POV

 

“She’ll be arriving any moment now so I’ll run through the list of rules again. Number 1: You cannot be seen with her at all for the next few days, except for the press conference today at 5PM. Number 2: If you do have to be around her, make sure you two are not alone together. Number 3: Do not at any point touch her, smile at her, or do anything to suggest you have feelings for her. Miss Lee Hyungi, Chen’s assistant, will be your PA now and Miss Choi Min will be Chen’s. Any questions?” I shook my head at manager hyung. He had been through this damn list so many times in the last half an hour that I could probably say it backwards. Everything was such a mess. All the members refused to talk to me, even Taozi. All the senior SM team leaders have been in talks since god knows when and wherever I go in the SM buildings, everyone is staring daggers at me.

 

“She’s here,” Chen announced and my heart fluttered. Now is not the time you’re in deep why the hell do you still like her look what she’s already done to your reputation. I didn’t have the time to answer that question as everyone was going up to greet Min and get her out of the car into the safety of the SM building.

 

“Stay back, Sehun. Remember you can’t be seen anywhere near her right now,” Suho reminded me. Out of all the members he showed the least hatred and anger towards me. I nodded and stood rooted to the spot in the SM Entertainment lobby. I could just about see her step out of the car but that was all, as all the EXO members plus a few staff members were surrounding her, thus obscuring her from sight. However those few moments that I saw her were absolutely worth it. She still looked stunning to me, and I can’t believe I have to give her up to Chen.

 

“S-Sehun-ssi?” I heard a timid voice call out to me and I turned around to see a pretty little thing standing there with some bubble tea in her hand. “I got you some oreo bubble tea, I hope you like it. My name is-”

 

“Hyungi I know. And before you say anything, the pleasure of meeting you is all mine sweetheart.” I took the bubble tea from her and winked which made her go all giggly. Sehun what are you doing. Min has barely been gone for five minutes and you’ve already moved on to your next target. I didn’t care what my subconscious thought of me, or anyone else at this point. I needed to feel numb, and right now wearing my playboy mask was the best way to do it.

 

“E-erm I’ve been told to keep you company until 4PM when they start prepping you for the press conference.” She was blushing and looking at me with her big brown eyes and I felt my twitch. This is the type of girl I go for. Curvy, cute, y. None of that unconventional bullcrap that Min was. But Min was the one who made your heart skip a beat. Could Hyungi do that?

 

“Right well should we head out then? Where would you like to go?” She just shook her head at me.

 

“I’m afraid you can’t leave. Orders directly from your manager oppa. I’m sorry.” She genuinely looked very apologetic as if it was all somehow her fault when clearly it wasn’t. An idea then hit me and I smirked to myself. Well there are others ways we can have fun indoors.

 

“Well not to worry we can go back to my dorm room,” I suggested before bringing my lips close to her ear. “I guarantee you we won’t get bored there.” She gasped in a way which sounded almost like a moan and then nodded her head. And another one falls under your spell. That’s one thing that Min refused to do after all these weeks. Satisfy me. Maybe being apart from her wasn’t so bad after all.

 

Min’s POV

 

I hated this. Hated how everyone was making a fuss over me. I had everyone under the sun asking if I was okay every five minutes and it was driving me insane. At least I had now been reassigned to Chen so it wasn’t all that bad. Though at the moment it felt like he was my personal assistant and not the other way around, what with him rushing back and forth relaying messages and performing other tasks while I just sat there being useless.

 

“How are you feeling Miss Choi?” a member of staff asked me and that’s when I snapped. I just couldn’t bear being treated like sugar glass that could shatter at any moment.

 

“Would everyone please stop asking that I know none of you really care about me whatsoever because I’m just a lowly personal assistant who means nothing in the grand scheme of things. You should be out there caring for Sehun your precious maknae not me so leave me the alone!” I ran out I just couldn’t be in that room any longer. I didn’t have the strength to handle their stares of judgement and disgust at my unprofessional outburst. My legs were in control now not my head, and soon I found myself at the recording booth that Chen kindly gave me access to.

 

I was about to open the door when I heard sounds which I could swear were moans coming from down the hall. I followed them until I realised I was standing outside the EXO dorm. And the name being moaned was Sehun. That was it for me. The trigger that broke the dam that held back my tears. I ran back to that recording booth, only to bump into Chen and literally stumble into his arms.

 

“Hey hey Min shh come on let’s you get some privacy,” he ushered me into the recording booth and sat me down on one of the chairs. “Tell me what’s going on in your head.” And so I did. I told him everything. About what really happened in those damn photos with Sehun, how I woke up this morning, and the most recent development about Sehun ing another girl. I noticed his fists clenching towards the end, his knuckles a sickly white. “That little idiot just can’t keep his in check can he,” he muttered under his breath. “And I liked her too.”

 

“Liked who? Do you know who it was that Sehun was with?” I was confused I couldn’t think how on earth he could know something like that.

 

“Well I don’t know for sure but there’s only one person I think it could be. Lee Hyungi. My original personal assistant.” I could see the betrayal in his eyes and I reached out to hold his hand.

 

“Well I suppose we were both cheated on in a way,” I commented, intending for it to be funny but neither of us were in the mood for laughing right now.

 

“Oh but me and Hyungi were never together, nor were we in love with one another. So I don’t have any reason to feel deceived really.”

 

“It’s not like me and Sehun were ever together either. I turned him down at every turn so I shouldn’t be upset either.” He perked his head up slightly at this and smiled from the corner of his mouth.

 

“So you were never a couple then?” he asked and I nodded in confirmation. He moved closer to me and suddenly I felt the atmosphere around us suddenly illuminate with electricity. “Does that mean I can do this?” His lips were almost on mine, only a small gap of air separating them and without thinking I nodded and that was all he needed. The kiss was not rushed, or fueled with lust or anything like what I expected a kiss with Sehun to be like. It was innocent, pure, like a kiss between high school sweethearts. He’s better for you than Sehun will ever be. Take him. Let him love you.


“We shouldn’t be doing this,” I said as I pulled away. Chen’s face suddenly went ghostly white and I felt guilty. Was he really taking me rejecting the kiss that badly? “Chen what is it what’s wrong?” Instead of using his words his eyes darted over to the window and that’s when I saw the cause of his paleness. Oh Sehun. He was only there for a split second before he ran away but he was definitely there. And the only reason he would run away with the look he had on his face is because he saw me and Chen kiss. You just can’t stop ing things up for yourself can you.