Author's Note

Opportunities

Thoughts:

Edited, 10/22/15 , 10/31/15

I always do a final conclusion or like an author's note, mostly for myself. I like to reflect on why I made things the way they are.

 

This is for my OWN personal use, you don't need to read it, it's not required. It's kind of my own self evaluation of myself on the story just for myself because I like to talk.

 

 


 

 

I originally set the main character as Baekhyun, but I changed it to Chen . Baekhyun would be a great fit, but this story is personal to me, and Chen is currently my bias in EXO (since Kris left 3) I wanted to make it about him.

 

Also, I found it easier to write about Chen. I had this idea in my head for a while, but I couldn’t find words to put down. But once I changed it from Baekhyun to Chen as my main character, everything flowed easily. This story was originally supposed to be for Baekhyun’s birthday too, so that’s why he was originally the main character I was going to use. Then again, there’s like a gazillion stories with Baekhyun out there, and none of Chen. Heck, even I don’t even write about Chen, and I’ve written about Baekhyun, and he was the last person in EXO that I memorized his name, tbh, I always called him Bacon before I remembered his actual name.

#SorryNotSorryAtAll



 

Why did  I choose a rising sun as my background picture?

I think the answer is obvious for that. A rising soon signals a start of something new, a new day, a new chance to do something.



 

Why did I choose a black and white picture for my Missed Opportunity chapter?

Benches are where two people can sit next together, two strangers, you don’t have to sit right next to them, but it’s wide enough for someone else to take a seat on the otherside.

 

This person could a complete stranger.

 

And, it could be your next opportunity.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Someone brought up their opinion on why am I repeating things in this story and I feel like I should explain this a bit.

Something you should know about my oneshots is they are my creative canvas. They are when I go full on artist mode using many different aspects of literature (Opportunities & A MidAutumn Midnight Rain.) I also use oneshots to explore different genres to see how I will like it (Moonlight)

 

In literature there are things called Literary Devices. Literary Devices help a story come alive. Literary Devices are a somewhat advance part of the English language, so it's understandable if you don't know some lliterary devices.

 

Some examples of Literary Devices are: Alliteration, Metaphors, Onomatopoeias , Similes, and Repetition.

 

I used repetition to convey that the OC is afraid of chances, even though she wants to do something with her life, and not live a mundane life.

 

 

Another thing that was brought up to me was that the story is short. The reason why this story is short is because this isn't a love story that happens over a span of months, it just shows the beginning steps towards Jongdae and the OC's path to their own love story. The time frame for the oneshot is within the span of 30 minutes - 1 hour. This story is not about love either, love is jusr an easy topic to write about. It's about taking chances and no matter how scary that first step is, if you don't take it, it will always become your regret, and your missed opportunity.

 


 



 

Why did I choose a smiling Chen for Taken Opportunity?

I think that answer is also pretty obvious, how can you not like Funky Funky Chen when he’s smiling at you. OMFG. my heart dies every time I see freaking smile.

Even his sassy smile like he’s secretly laughing at you and planning his next prank to be a troll.



 

Why did I choose my cover photo?

1. it’s my favorite picture of Chen

2. I think his facial expression, and the lighting matched the mood of the story, or the type of mood it’s supposed to be.


 

This story was inspired by a conversation my friend and I had one night. So this story is actually really personal to me, like, I was the OC in Missed Opportunity.


 

And there was no Taken Opportunity in my story.

 

 


 

 

 

 

Check out my Other Stories~!

 

 

Scent of Cheese and Wine| Her Grandeur Life | Opportunities | Moonlight | A MidAutumn Midnight Rain

 

 

COMING SOON

 

| Mark the best friend, Mark the boyfriend | Two Moons University |