Taken Opportunity

Opportunities

Taken Opportunity

 

 

I look at him, as he quickly packs his stuff away.

No.

 

Is he leaving? Maybe I should go and say hi then. Or give him my number.
Or maybe hide in a corner.

 

No.


 

My time is running low. Twenty more seconds for him to walk out the door and leave forever.

Twenty more seconds until he walks out of my life.

Twenty more seconds until the door of opportunities closes.

Twenty more seconds until my life will go back to the mundane routine.

 

I don't know how I gathered the courage but as he stands up, I am also out of my seat, standing in front of this perfection the world has created.

 

“HI... uhm, I'm .. my name is...” I find myself stumbling over my words as I look at his fascinating collar on his shirt. His collar is not particularly interesting, but there is no more courage left in me to look at him directly.

 

“Hi, I'm Jongdae.” He laughs, his laugh is like a ball of sunshine. Sunshine that can brighten up anyone’s day. He lifts my chin up so he is smiling brightly right at me, with his eyes in crescent moons.

 

His smile is so precious. His eyes are so welcoming.

 

I feel lucky I took that chance, lucky I took a leap of faith, lucky I got my one in a million chance.

 

I feel lucky I took that opportunity.


 

 


 


 

~One Year Later~



 

I sit there in the cafe. The same cafe as always, with the same drink with me, in the same spot as always. The same cafe mocha, the same one shot of espresso with whipped cream, in that same spot in the corner of the cafe next to the window.

 

Except now, I am waiting for someone.

 

“Hey! Sorry I'm late! I missed my bus.” I see him walk in with his hair slightly messy from what I assume he ran here. I chuckle to myself seeing his flustered face.

 

“It's okay Jongdae.” I smile at him and he grins back as he places his bag on the seat as he slides on the seat next to me, wrapping his arm around my waist before plopping his head on my chest.

 

“Ah, today was so stressful at school. Math was so boring, I mean calculus, how can you not fall asleep in that type of class?” Jongdae groaned and looked up into my eyes. I couldn’t help but smile seeing his eyes. His lips grew into a wide grin afterwards, “Then I remembered you were struggling with finding the second derivative then I could finally pay attention in class. I can help you with your homework now.”

 

His smile was the reason why time froze, and his eyes were the reason why I fell for him.


 

“I swear Jongdae, you are honestly the most cheesiest boyfriend ever.” I laugh and hit him playfully on his chest.

 

“Well thanks, I try you know? I have to make my sunshine smile everyday.” Jongdae takes my hand and starts playing with it.

“I'm glad I met you here you know? You have made my life so much better. I feel so happy sometimes, because I wasn’t sure how to approach you, so I’m glad you approached me instead.” Jongdae lets out his loud laugh. I also can’t help myself but to laugh too.

 

His laugh is so contagious.

 

He has a slight tint of red on his cheeks and I can tell he is embarrassed. He quickly plants a quick kiss on my lips before he breaks out into that smile that can brighten my whole day.

 

“I'm glad too Jongdae, I'm glad I took that risk.” I laugh too, leaning my head against his chest. “I was so nervous you know? But the thought of never seeing you again, that’s where I got my courage.” I pause and look up at him and his eyes are on me, just like always, trying to figure me out. “I thought to myself, if I could find the courage, twenty seconds of insane courage, then maybe, the opportunity presented in front of me wouldn’t be a waste.”

 

“Aren’t I lucky person?” Jongdae laughs again and I can feel the happiness radiating off of him. “You are one lucky opportunity.” he whispers in my ear before planting a loving kiss on my forehead.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


 

 

 

 

There are two choices to make. Left or right. Are you going to take the risk, or are you going to let it slide and hope that it'll come around again? Are you going to take that leap of faith?

 

Take that one opportunity presented in front of you?

 

Don't let your next opportunity slide.

When it comes, grab it, take it, and never let go, so you can proudly say you have no regrets.

The only regret you should have is the thought of you not taking that one opportunity that might have changed your life.