Sweet Agony

Attracted To You
            “So…what should we do today?” Youngni wrapped her arms around Chancy and Minji necks early in the morning.
            “What do you want to do?” Soomin asked and Youngni shrugged her shoulders.
            “Let’s enjoy drink after school?” Chancy suggested.
            “Not afterschool,” Youngni said, “During lunch.”
            “Why?” Minji asked, knowing something fishy.
            “I have business to do.”
            “Practice with Jungkook?” they all guessed and she nodded her head.
            “We don’t understand you,” Minji said.
            “Didn’t you say you don’t like him?” Soomin asked.
            “Yeah…and you sure don’t like him,” Chancy emphasized how much they knew how Youngni dislike Jungkook.
            “But, one thing,” Minji drew attention to her point, “why didn’t you ever complain about how he’s your member in BTS. You don’t like him but you always stick with him?”
            Youngni stayed silent.
            “Yeah,” Chancy and Soomin chorused.
            “Oh…time for class,” Youngni said and rushed off.
            “Here she goes again,” Minji said.
 
            “We only have like three to two months before school’s done and we’ll become official trainees,” Taehyung stated as the BTS’s members fooled around in the dance room.
            “I think we’ll have to finish early. I heard we’re going to be done with school a few weeks early and just coming back to participate in the graduation ceremony,” Namjoon shared.
            “So…how are you doing?” Hoseok turned the attention to Jungkook, “you only have a few weeks left.”
            “It’s either he gets it or get over it,” Yoongi said.
            “It has been two years and a half and he’s finally doing something,” Jimin commented.
            “Better than not doing or trying at all,” Seokjin joined the conversation.
            They all look at Jungkook playing with something in his hands.
            “What are you doing?” Hoseok got curious and jumped at Jungkook.
            “Nothing,” he quickly hid it in his pocket.      
            “Magnet, is it?” Taehyung got a glimpse.
            “Just something,” he said.
            “How is your dance coming along with her?” Namjoon checked on his progress.
            “Is she a dance fool?” Yoongi asked ready to .
            “It’s hard to imagine,” Jimin tried hard to imagine what kind of a dancer she would be.
            “We’re doing good. She’s great,” Jungkook smiled.
            “You’re not sharing anything else?” Hoseok winked at him.
            “What are you thinking?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow.
            “That you guys are doing more than practice, duh?” Taehyung smacked Jungkook’s arm.
            “Nah…that girl won’t let him touch her,” Seokjin shook his head.
            “Boys…just because our name means bulletproof doesn’t mean the walls are soundproof,” Namjoon reminded them.
            “What?” they all yelled in shocked.
            “I thought it was,” Jimin blinked innocently.
            “You’re lying?” Taehyung pointed at the leader.
            Namjoon suddenly widen his smile as he caught all the naughty fishes.
 
            Youngni feared the time afterschool. Not once did she thought she would come to hate afterschool. As soon as the last period of the day was neared, she started to shift uncomfortably as her mind roamed with unimaginable thoughts. She hated the fact that almost every day after school she was stuck with him. All of her times trying to avoid him, failed miserably.
            When she approached the place she banned herself from, he was already inside practicing. She purposely took her time, making sure she wouldn’t enter the room with him and waited for everything to start. She rather entered and get straight to business then leave. Any extra time was not welcomed.
            She stopped by the door listening to the song as he danced inside. Her eyes wondered and landed on the crack of the door giving her a small view of his breathtaking dance.
There was nothing to like about him.
He is just like everyone else.
A dumb boy.
Nothing special.
 
            It was difficult for her to keep watching him dance. He was too happy. The boy acted like there was nothing ever wrong. Everything was just too possible to reach. But that only apply to him.
            She entered the room and sat on the couch. He stopped dancing when he saw her in the mirror.
            “Oh…you’re here,” he oddly said.
            She nodded.
            “Let’s start from the beginning,” he said as she stumbled walking into her dancing position.
            “Are you hurt anywhere?” he worriedly asked.
 “Nothing,” she said. ‘Just allergic to you.’
“If you’re not feeling well, let me know,” she pressed her lips into a thin line and nodded her head.
 
After a tense round of practices, they both seemed like they were battling to see who would be tired out first. Without knowing they both collapsed on the ground.
Youngni heard something clashed against the ground and stood up to search. She was hoping the building didn’t collapse because of the loud bass from the music.
“You dropped something,” she said seeing something shiny dangling his sweat’s pocket.
Jungkook didn’t move an inch when she told him so. He was exhausted. His eyes were closed and his legs and arms were slightly spread.
When he didn’t budge, she grew curious to what it was that he dropped. She scooted closer to him, stretching her neck as far as she could to take a peek.
He opened one eye and peek at her, “are you curious?”
Youngni scurried back to her side, “No.”
He chuckled and picked up his belonging shoving it back into his pocket.
He sat up and looked at her.
“Would you stop staring?” Youngni turned her back to face him feeling uncomfortable.
“Are you telling me to back hug you by turning your back to me?”
She was annoyed at his playful tone, “really?”
“Can I?” he sounded a bit too excited that scare her.
            “So are you turning back so we can talk face to face?”
            “No need to. Just talk like this.”
            “Ok…that’s a yes for back hug then,” he scooted over.
            Youngni was scared when he didn’t say or make any sound afterward. She turned back and saw him in front of her taking her soul out of her.
            “You?” she pointed and immediately pushed herself back.
            Jungkook chuckled, “I thought you wouldn’t turn back?”
            Youngni glared at him.
            “You’re quite cute like that.”
            Her face flushed red and turned her back to him. She hated that he is just too honest with her. It made her speechless. He was just sharing too much of his thoughts.
            “I’ll tell you what it is if…”
            “I don’t want to know,” Youngni blurted and scolded herself because she was half curious.
            “When you want to know, just ask.”
 
            Each time she entered the dance room with him, it just become awkward. Then awkward-er. Then the awkward-est. So, she avoided him.
            There were many things that she was curious as to why he knows, but she didn’t ask because she didn’t she point.
            “Can you guys tell him that I’ll practice myself?” Youngni asked.
            “Why don’t you tell him yourself?” Minji retorted, didn’t see why she couldn’t do it herself.
            “Because I don’t want to.”
            “It’s your problem.”
            “Ok, then. You don’t have to ,” Youngni stretched her neck and saw the BTS’s boys walking their way.
            “I’m going home first. Bye,” she took off before they even noticed.
            “Hey, girls,” Hoseok waved as they approached them.
            “Where is she going?” Jungkook asked seeing her figure fidgeting and getting ready to leave before he even got there.
            “She said she’ll practice herself,” Minji said.
            “Did something happen?” Namjoon asked.
            “She’s been avoiding me lately,” Jungkook confessed still looking her way.
            “You did something wrong to her then,” Minji replied, “But I’m sure it’s just her problems. She just doesn’t like it. Seems like it’s your fault. Then she runs away. Then it’s like you’re at fault.”
            “She’s too troublesome,” Hoseok said.
            “Are you too?” Jimin stared at Chancy, “are you like her?”
            Chancy looked away feeling a bit too uneasy when he picked on her.
            “I don’t understand her one bit,” Taehyung said and started singing, “we go round and round.”
            “Honestly, she hates you. Well, you know not hate hate like she wants to kill you, but you know…I don’t know why she even agree to do that couple dance with you,” Minji blurted out what she was thinking.
            “Oh…does that means that she somewhat likes him then?” Hoseok raised an eyebrow.
            “Not a chance,” Minji said, “but maybe.”
           
            Jungkook was practicing alone for the weeks that passed. She refused to meet with him, each time he tried to approach her, it was like she knew before time and took off.
           
            Jungkook sighed heavily as he was in the dance room. He was worried for her and their performance. Though he knew she caught on fast with her dancing skill, everything just made him fear.
            “Let’s practice,” he was brought back to reality when he heard a voice. He was too deep in his thoughts that he didn’t realized when Youngni stepped into the room. Before he could say anything, she played the loud music and started her part.
            He didn’t know what to feel. It was excitement. Joy. Angered? Happiness? Hatred? Definitely not! He knew he was right about her, at least for this one thing.
            He smiled unconsciously and joined her in the practice. The whole dance she noticed his intense staring at her, but she acted and ignored it. She didn’t like the fact that he wasn’t focusing on his dance. He should have messed up once or twice from not focusing, but she just couldn’t understand why he just didn’t. She thought she would be able to survive the tense atmosphere, but when he just wouldn’t stop she became a bit uncomfortable leading to anger.
            When a light bulb in her mind, she thought of the perfect plan. As he was crossing by her to his next position, she purposely stuck out her foot a bit further than she usually do and he tripped over sending himself flat to the ground.
            But, what she didn’t think of was…his fast reflex caused him to grab onto her for help; but she lost balance and in the end they both clashed on the ground.
            As a man he is, he made sure he was the one on the ground. He securely made sure she wouldn’t have hurt herself using his body to shield her. In that case, she fell perfectly onto his chest without hurting her one bit. He winced a bit but was definitely fine.
            When she recovered and realized the situation she was in, Jungkook was already waiting for her reaction. Her heart beats increased and her cheeks turned pink, she refused to look at him and turned away. He wasn’t willing to let her look away. For this chance, he quickly placed both of his hands on each of her cheek and turned her to face him. She was too shock to realize her hands were free.
            “Don’t you think we’re like magnet?” Youngni questioningly looked at him as he spoke, forgetting the awkwardness because of his strange question.
            Jungkook smiled sincerely at her as if she was the only one he wished to show that smile to.
            “You’re negative and I’m positive, but we’re attracted to each other. Just like magnet.”
            “I don’t know what you’re saying,” she hurriedly removed herself from him standing up.
            “Even though we’re different, can’t we be glue together like magnet? Aren’t we attracted to each other just like this?” Youngni saw something dangling from his hands.
            It seemed to be like a heart split in half necklace, which was magnetic.
            “It’s doesn’t matter how far the difference is. It doesn’t matter if it travels in two different paths. They are always attracted to each other.”
            Youngni was angered by his nonsense and trying to make things make sense in his own ways. She was ready to leave turning her back to him.
            Jungkook quickly wrapped his arms around her pressing his chest onto her back.
“Even if you don’t share the same beliefs as me, I understand you have your own thoughts and views. So, at least can you lean on me? On days that you’re in pain from deep inside and want to cry, can’t you lean on me?”
            Youngni wanted to plug her ears. She didn’t like the fact that he turn her practice ground into something too serious ruining her mood for practicing.
            “Let go of me Jeon Jungkook,” the way she talked to him, he understood, but it pained him. Both her words and tone, it pierced his heart. Does he really not hold any part in her heart?
            Youngni roughly removed him, aiming straight to the door. He speedily ran to block her way.
            “I may sound selfish for asking you to lean on me when I am the one leaving. But because I am away doesn’t mean I care for you any less or because you are any less important…”
            “Jeon Jungkook, I’m fine by myself. There’s nothing wrong. Even if I’m not like you, I still live perfectly in my world.”
 
            The day of the dance, Jungkook was happy that she came early to prepare and rehearse for the final stage. Her mood seemed to be almost perfect. Though after that day, she avoided him and dance practice, he didn’t blame her. Perhaps, it was his fault for pressuring her.
           
            “This girl,” Minji complained to Chancy and Soomin as they sat in the audience ready for the show that was about to open any minute, “what made her get involved into something she would never do?”
            “Let’s just watch and see,” Chancy said.
            “Maybe she does have something in mind,” Soomin commented.
           
Soon the performance started with Namjoon and Jimin in a duet. Followed by Hoseok and Seokjin. Then Yoongi and Taehyung.
            Everyone was waiting for the last performance because it was one with much gossips and rumors; everyone was tensed. Many were expecting a solo performance rather than a random pair dance.
            Youngni stepped on stage followed by Jungkook. As they got into their position, Youngni was too afraid to actually pay attention to all the sour and bitter expression she was getting.
 
            “She’s smiling?” Chancy was confused.
            “To hide her nervousness,” Minji completed.
            “Oh…she’s quite good,” Hoseok complimented as the music played. The other members were also curious for the anticipated performance as they watched from the side of the stage.
            “No wonder why Jungkook didn’t complain about his practices at all,” Jimin nodded his head enjoying the show.
            Many were stunned by the perfection of the dance. The applauding was louder than expected. Jungkook followed Youngni offstage as the emcee started his closing speech.
            “Hopefully, you all enjoyed the final dance of the BTS members. Sadly, next week will be the final week they will be with us…”
 
            Jungkook quickly followed Youngni to wherever she was heading to. Her speed was quick as he had to double his pace to catch up.
            “Youngni,” Jungkook quickly passed her to block her way.
            Her face showed a light atmosphere. She didn’t look angry or mad but not happy or joyful either.
            “Your performance was beautiful,” he complimented unconsciously biting his bottom lip from nervousness.
            Youngni didn’t expect his compliment, but regardless she had to take care of business.
            “Before agreeing to this dance,” Youngni started, “I said I will dance if you do something in return.”
            Jungkook nodded his head signaling her he remembered. He played with the necklaces in his pocket as he waited for her request.
            Youngni didn’t know why became dry all of a sudden. Her hands were sweating as her legs grew weak. She didn’t think she could stand still.
            Jungkook grew a bit anxious as she kept staying quiet. He kept biting his bottom lips to sustain his nervousness.
            “In return, don’t show up in front of me again.”        
            His shoulders slumped downward as tears swelled in his eyes looking at her turned back slowing distancing. It hurts to be torn into millions of pieces.
 
Just because….
 
I live with dreams.
I live as if I have the world with me.
Everything has a possibility.
Positive.
But…because…
She doesn’t believe in dream.
She lives as if there’s only her.
Everything is at zero possibility.
Negative.
Our conclusion was….